Visiting jet fan here. congrats on winning your division. With that said the jets won't be as easy to score on as minnesota was, and cutler is vunerable to pressure. it forces him into bad decisons and sacks and the jets send exotic blitzes. i expect it to be a low scoring tough game but the jets win the turnover battle and win the game
I think the same can be said with Sanchez's decision making. Should be interesting. Our D has been pretty solid against the run for the majority of the year and I think if we can get an early lead, we can put Sanchez in a less than desirable position. With a combo of speacial teams and turnovers, I've got the bears winning by 7+.
Either way, her'es to an injury free game and welcome to the board.
The Bears will need their OL to play at a high level to beat the Jets. The Jets have a good D and it doesn't take a genius to figure out where the Bears are weak. They will test our OL all day. But this is what the Bears need. No team in the play offs is going to take it easy on them. The good news is everyone is getting better. The OL, Martz and Cutler are altering their ways to get the ball out. That said, I think the Bears continue to improve and expose Sanchez. 21-10.
Debate is one thing. Losing love for your country is another.
I actually am not very impressed with the Steelers this year. They have bene played close by a lot of teams. The Jets hung on to win on the road, nonetheless, and that is to be respected. I just don't think it was that big of a statement. The Patriots are who everyone thinks they are, the best in the business, so that brings us to the present.
Bears are on a roll and determined to do more than lay down for the last 2 games at this point. Beating the Jets is a priority if we really want the #2 seed. Defensively, I think the taste of a$$ whooping that NE kicked up on us will motivate them. I think the Jets are in for a long day. Facing AP as many times as we do as well as other backs in the NFC, like the Giants, Eagles (including Vick), among others, will have us ready for LT and the Jets. Sanchez is not very mobile and not very strong armed, though he has proven faily accurate.
I say our D rises to the occasion at home and our Offense keeps getting better.
Thanks for stopping by Jetsfan alternate opinions are always welcome but I'll have to go with the Bears this coming Sunday. Why you ask?
1) We're at home and despite our previous failures at Soldier Field I think that's in the past now. We get a +3 pts here.
2) It's the Bears who win the turnover battle more often than not and I don't think that will change this week. We get another +3.
3) Cutler is vulnerable to pressure, that's true. But...he's also getting a lot more adept at throwing on the run and completing passes off hot reads than he was earlier in the season. His td to pick ratio is better than 2:1 since the bye week and unless he goes completely brain dead I don't think that will change all that much.
4) Sanchez will face a very good pass rush/defense scheme so he'll need an above average game this week to come out on top.
I do agree that it will be a hard fought close game but I'll go with the Bears by +6. They want that 2nd seed and they're stepping up their play to get it now that they've clinched the NFCN. All the same keep stopping by and here's to a great game come Sunday.
Thanks for the welcome
1) Jets are 6-1 on the road (only loss was to NE)
2) Jets are +5 in turnover ratio Chi is +3 Sanchez has 13 turnovers and cutler has 19. Bears are more likely to lose the TO battle
3) Even if cutler makes the right reads the jets have the best 1-2 CB combo in the league. revis is the best CB in the NFL and cro is good enough to be a #1 CB on almost every other team
4) I expect the jets to play offense like we did against pitt. quick easy throws against a tough Defense. I don't think we'll give you guys time to get a pass rush going.
5) Bears already clinched at worse case the #3 seed, Jets haven't clinched anyhting yet and if we win we clinch a playoff spot. Jets NEED the win more then Chicago does
I think it'll be close but we want to make up for that last home game, we've got momentum, a crappy field the jets will need to adjust to, and we can score in a few different ways than before. If we limit the TO's on the blitz I can see us +3 if not we lose by 7.
Arguing on the internet is like winning the special olympics, even if you win your still messed up.