My Week 17 Power Rankings
1) NE - Bellicheck and Brady have clinched the best record in NFL. And they know how to win in the playoffs
2) ATL - Best record in the NFC makes them #2 but i feel that there not much better then the other NFC teams. a 1 and done is possible
3) Pitt - Tough D, power run game, and young clutch QB who has 2 rings already. And this time around they have a bye week
4) Balt - In most divisions they would have won it looks like there gonna be the 5 seed due to a tie breaker. Dangerous team to play now
5) Chi - Tough D wasn't on display but cutler can be a stud at times. can he keep playing at this level through the playoffs though?
6) Philly - Philly goes as far as vick can take them. But with vick at the helm and the talent at WR this is a dangerous team, even if the D is bad.
7) NYJ - The talent is there and sanchez went to the AFC champ game last season, but no momentum and they haven't put it all together yet.
8) NO - Talent is there but they aren't playing at the level they did last year. Also question their ability to win on the road in bad weather
9) KC - They beat out SD for the division with a dominant run game, good D, and great QB play. this team got good quickly. Props to Pioli
10) GB - Rodgers is an elite QB already and their D is nasty. only thing lacking is a run game. GB controls its destiny for the 6 seed
11) Indy - Controls their own destiny again. win and their in. did anyone think we'd see a playoffs w/o peyton manning in it?
12) TB - Surprise team of the year. at 9-6 after picking 3rd overall is great. even if it was with an easy schedule. freeman looks like a stud
13) NYG - They won 9 games which is good, but collapsed again after a 6-3 start. Giants just don't win late in the year.
14) Jax - Had a golden opportunity to take the division and lost key games, looks like another year w/o playoffs for jax
15) SD - Always the "best" team to not make the playoffs. talent is there so whats the issue? coaching?
16) Stl - at 7-8 you'd think that playoffs are impossible. however with a win at Seattle next week they have a home playoff game. no joking
17) Oak - Performed better then many imagined but will most likely finish with another losing season
18) Mia - Played good hard nosed football but still in need of a QB. Henne isn't the answer
19) Ten - With their No Name team, issues at QB, and big free agent losses, Coaching can only get you so far. BTW is moss still playing?
20) sea - They can still win their division despite being 6-9 right now. a win at STL will give them a 7-9 record and the tie breaker for the 4 seed
21) Was - Give them credit for not giving up, but the way they handled the Mcnabb situation goes to show how bad management is with this team
22) Cle - Rode the legs of peyton hillis to 5 wins so far, but they need better WRs and QB play. why did they trade BE and Winslow?
23) Hou - This team finds ways to lose all the time. they never win close games. after starting 3-1 there dropped 9 of their last 11. draft a CB!
24) Dal - The talent is there everywhere except where it counts. in the trenches. romo and the WRs can't make up for no o-line and a bottom 5 D
25) Det - Playing hard and has some explosive players on offense but there has to be concerns about staffords durability
26) Min - So many things wrong with this team. favre will be gone and they have no QB. Cue in the Mcnabb rumors
27) Ari - More return TDs then passing TDs? 2nd time in NFL history. they need a QB and a run game
28) SF - Fired their head coach on the plane back to SF. no QB, no coach. full rebuilding time
29) Buf - fitzpatrick is a legit QB, evans and johnson are fast and good and jackson is teh most underrated RB. team has upside next year
30) Den - Its tebow time. say what you want but he is a winner. Orten can be dealt for picks
31) Cincy - Palmer had his best day of the season with no TO and no Ocho. coincidence? also as bad as everyone says, his numbers are excellent
32) Car - Locked up the number 1 overall pick. but who do they draft? QB? O-line? Defense? WR? if they think clauson is the man they should trade back for more picks. they need more then 1 player to be good
High Fives / Like - 0 BEAR DOWN!, 0 Dislikes
I hope that the Bears try to sign McNabb to a one year deal worth a fraction of what he's making because I honestly don't think anyone is going to want him due to his age and his slowing down while moving around in the pocket.
somebody will give him a chance. even fore 1 year as a stop gap. oakland might, carolina, minnesota, arizona
I have a terrible feeling that we won't do crap in trying to sign him. Jerry Angelo once said that it is not a common practice within the league to go out and sign a high dollar free agent quarterback only to use him as a back-up. If this is the case, then the Bears need to draft somebody somewhere in rounds 2-5 to serve as a back-up quarterback.
Originally Posted by Jetsfan115