Andrew Perloff's 2011 NFL predictions
NFL predictions for 2011
The Patriots are poised to win their fourth Super Bowl of the Brady-Belichick era
The Colts will be back in vintage form next season; the Bears will regress
Brett Favre will finally retire for good ... but not without a little more drama
1. The Patriots will beat the Saints in Super Bowl XLV....
2. With the No. 1 pick in the 2011 draft, the Carolina Panthers select ... Andrew Luck of Stanford University... next season.
3. Labor peace will be reached by the April draft....
4. The Colts will storm back next season.
5. These five also-rans in 2010 will make the playoffs in 2011.
6. The Bears will drop off. Chicago, the NFC's likely No. 2 seed in the upcoming playoffs,
has a recent history of falling off after fantastic seasons.
In 2001, the Bears were 13-3 and slipped to 4-12 the next season.
They were 13-3 and reached the Super Bowl in '06, then regressed to 7-9 the following season.
Their defensive core is getting older and they may not get as many lucky bounces in '11.