Some crazy Hester stats on returns
- Only 4 players in the NFL has returned a punt 20+ yards 6 times this season. the highest being 7 times, except for Hester who did it 9 times.
- Only 3 players in the NFL has returned a punt 40+ yards at least 3 times this season, the highest being 3 times, except for Hester who did it 5 times.
- Only 2 players in the NFL has more then 1 punt return TD this season. Dez Bryant did it twice, Hester did it 3 times.
- Out of the top 10 punt returners that have at least 20 returns, only 2 did not fumble even one time. One is Hester.
The most amazing stat may be this:
- On kick returns, only 3 players in the league returned a kickoff 40+ yards at least 6 times, the highest of those was done 7 times. Those top 3 players all had between 50 and 57 return attempts. Hester is #4 on list doing it 5 times, even though he only had 12 return attempts.
High Fives / Like - 5 BEAR DOWN!, 0 Dislikes
Another Crazy stat is that Cutler finished #6 in the league for rushing yards by a QB. Figuring they never ever rolled out early in the year, where he gained alot of his yards .... that a pretty amazing scrambling job also.
High Fives / Like - 1 BEAR DOWN!, 0 Dislikes
This guy is an absolute animal. What an amazing weapon for this Bears team to have.
He could be key to a win for you guys on Sunday, given how suspect our ST can be.
yeah...even if he doesnt score a TD, he usually gets some damn good return yardage to set us up in good FP. Or people kick it out of bounds, giving us good FP anyway.
Originally Posted by Incubes12
It's such a momentum changer, and teams kicking out of bounds also risk ending up with 30 yard punts. Hester wins games. I would like to see them put him back on kickoffs more now that the playoffs are here, but DManning is also good at KR too. Just putting Hester back on the KR adds pressure on the kicking team, most likely they would just squib kick it and the Bears would have it at the 40. I like what the Bears are now doing there also, putting Rasheed Davis up as a blocker, so even on a squibb kick you now get a returner bringing it back starting up the field.
Originally Posted by Jimmors
Hester is this years Sporting News All-Pro Return Specialist and it's well deserved. I think that he's the best Return Specialist that's ever played the game and when you add his contributions as a WR Mike McCarthy may be right. If he isn't the best player on the Bears he certainly deserves a vote for the most valuable.
If Devin Hester isn't elected to the HOF on the first ballot it will be an even bigger snub than Richard Dent.
He wont make it on first ballot, but i think he will eventually make it in.
Originally Posted by soulman