GREAT GAME!!.. Game balls to jay,tommie,martz
WOW!!! WHAT A GREAT GAME!! .. I just knew when right before the game when the snow flurries started, and the blackhakws signer did the Anthem, you could feel the Shift in the crowd that smething "special" as going to Happen and this was going to be a great game!..Right from the beginning seattle was on its heels andnever could recover, as martz proved he can game plan with anyone and the bears "D" growled!
1. Jay cutler- can't express how impressed with him yesterday, with all the pressure on him, never showed it, had command of the "O" all day and 4 td's nd a 112 qb Rating speak volumes, while the critics will still be there- he showed the faithful WHY it was such a great trade for bears and IMO portends greatnes to come!.. He ran when didn't hav a throw , instead of forcing it, threw it away instead of forcing it, we saw a big jump in Cutler understanding the game yesterday.His rushes in the goal line showed the grit and detirmination of a Winner and tough QB
2. Mike Martz- proved he can game plan with anyone.. And given time can really dissect a team- and while many said he doesn't use the TE, used THAT to great adatange firsrt to Olsen to put seahawks on heels and then when seattle scored to put game out of reach with the td to K davis!..And as said last week, the vanilla plan for week 17, just that nd the 70/30, pass run the abberation and come playoff's we go back to 50/50 as a set up if see packers again , and actually went 34/65 yesterday with 47 rushes showing the balance we need for this Supebowl Run.
3. Tommie harris- i know mnay will neer like him or give him Kudos, but he has been picking his game up as the year went on, and while neve will be the DT of 2004/2007 with the surgeries showed yesteday can still contribute and get pressure with 2 sacks...hope he continues the good play, he's put the time in this year and deserves the Kudos
4. greg olsen- the forgotten man opens up he scoring and a 100+ first 1/2, think they are Saving some stuff for this sunday against the packers as he didn't play much with the game out of reach
5. The Oline- despite all the criticism, they again run blocked very well( 170 + yards), and even geling in pass protection, many times picking up the blitzes from seattle and controling the clock all day.. Bug Kudos too al of the line
6. Marinelli- dailed up just the right pressure and kept hasslebeck off guard all day
REALY PSYCHED ALREDY FOR SUNDAY!!!!!! bears are undefeated agains the packers in playoffs and expect it to continue
BEARS 34 PACKERS 13 BEAR DOWN!
Oh and think the wildct stuff done , just to make the packers game plan and waste time this week on it, but bt wenever see it in the games. We were up 28-3 at time and thnk Martz just "planting seeds" for the next week and getting some misdirection going.
lol @ undefeated in one game in playoffs against Packers.
Still pretty good game, even though we went to the prevent at the end.
Winston Churchill: "Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
"If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain."
Yeah figured might as well get a head start on the packer smacker talk with th playoff stat : )
Originally Posted by BearStuff
And like playing Vanilla in week 17, don't mind the prevent and vanilla 4th quarter if it means a "W" Sunday and some stuff saved for the packers game
High Fives / Like - 1 BEAR DOWN!, 0 Dislikes
4 downs: QBs defined by playoff success, failure
January 16, 2011 9:58 PM | 2 Comments
By Brad Biggs
Playoff debut to savor
Sure, the Bears were playing a team with a losing record, but Jay Cutler managed to do something Aaron Rodgers, Philip Rivers and Drew Brees failed to do. He won his first postseason start, and Cutler led his team to the victory by throwing for two touchdowns and running for two more. There were a couple throws, as usual, that made you scream "Why!?" But you get that from Cutler. His good has been far outweighing the plays that are a product of overconfidence he sometimes has in his arm. Quarterbacks are defined by their success and failure in the playoffs. Cutler is off to a good start.
You got the sense when Mike Martz went pass crazy in the season finale at Green Bay he was tinkering with a trial run for the playoffs to see if he could reshape the offense. It didn't work and the Bears promptly returned to the balance game plan that was a staple of their second-half run. That meant 45 carries and 29 passes in the win over the Seahawks, an easy distribution to reach with a steady double-digit lead. Still, a halfback pass by Matt Forte with a 25-point lead was poorly timed. Hey, at least Martz keeps you on your toes.
Patriots out a bonus
The playoffs took on a considerably different look when the Jets stunned the Patriots, eliminating the AFC's No. 1 top seed and the heavy favorite to win Super Bowl XLV. It also knocked out a team that humiliated the Bears 36-7 in Week 14, a team the Bears simply did not match up against. Tom Brady, who now has a 14-5 postseason record, is out and the field includes the Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger, owner of two Super Bowl rings, and three passers vying for their first appearance on the sport's grandest stage.
Talk of the NFL's longest rivalry will bombard you all week, but it's for the fans more than the players. "There is a lot more made of it than really there should be," Julius Peppers said. "You can put all that stuff on the exterior but you've got to execute. It's not going to come down to all of the Hall of Famers in the past. It's about what these guys in this locker room do." Chris Harris called it a "respectful" thing. "I have a dislike for (the Packers), but you don't have to publicly come out and tell how bad we hate them or whatever the case may be," he said.
throw tillman in there. he played his best game of the year by far. maybe outside of the eagles game.
High Fives / Like - 4 BEAR DOWN!, 0 Dislikes
2 NFCC trips the past 5 years, one of which they already won. It's so hard to get to this point, would love to see them get back to the Superbowl.
Exactly the same thing I was saying, that was just thrown in when they had a big lead to make teams think they have the pass option out of the wildcat. However, I like the Wildcat they run, they have 2 versions of it, one with Forte and one with Bennett, and they always seem to pick up good yardage when they run it.
Originally Posted by dabears54
Tillman dropping the 2 INT's including one that went through hands for a BMW TD instead.. takes him down a few pegs IMO
Originally Posted by nerrad
Yep that is now tied with ditka for 2 NFCC championship games he did( 1984 and 1985).. and really think we Finish what we didn't in 2006... already looking into plane fairs for dallas
Originally Posted by JustWinBaby