What would you prefer
WR Marques Colston [Free Agency]
1. OT Mike Adams [Ohio St]
OG Ben Grubbs [Free Agency]
1. Michael Floyd [Notre Dame]
but that would make Williams and Webb in a competition for LT with that move.
Good Experienced #1 WR, that will proabably miss some time and a young stud OL or Experienced stud OL and and a young stud WR. Seems like OL would be able to come in and make an impact more quickly, and a legit #1 who teams know they have to game plan for would help take pressure off the othe WR's on the team. But if he continues to be hurt that is a lot of money poorly spent. And I still believe a stud OL would help improve this O in both running and passing, and young WR's have helped other O's(see Laurent Robinson/Julio Jones)
Originally Posted by WindyCity
Could we get a young WR or OL in the 2nd w/a lot of potiential?
Im not scared with depending on a young wr if they are highly talented. Look at the past four drafts and rookie wrs taken early have had great impacts to their teams immediately.
Redeeming a pathetic end to the 2011 season?
I prefer "A".
Originally Posted by WindyCity
It has become painfully obvious during this 3 game choke-fest that the Bears are desperately short of firepower and depth on the O side of the ball. With any kind of talent there we would have gone 2-1 at worst even with Cutler and Forte out.
1. It is absolutely imperative to sign a veteran bonafide WR in FA above all else. You're not going to get a difference maker in year 1 out of the draft (unless maybe if he's a top-10 pick which we won't have). Colston is the guy I've been considering as well as he's more likely to be available than VJackson or Bowe. It certainly would also help to snag one from a conference rival too. GET COLSTON!
2. It is also necessary to draft a big, quick WR for future development too and fortunately this years draft class looks strong. Blackmon and Jeffries will be top-10s so out of reach. Floyd will be draftable but will probably require a 1st round pick (which I doubt JA will do). Dwight Jones, Toon, McNutt, and others will prob be draftable in rd 2 or top 3. I like Jones in the 2nd.
3. Cut RW...no brainer
4. TRADE KNOX! I don't know why anyone here wants to keep this douche. He makes an occaisional deep play then everyone keeps talking about "giving him more time"...bullshit. He's basically a sprinter with no route or ball skills or desire to fight for tough catches. He may have value to other teams as a return man or fly-pattern guy, so get whatever you can get for him and send him packing. Knox sucks.
5. Keep Hurd mainly for ST.
6. Hester for returns and slot duty where he can get speed mismatches. The experiment of trying to pretend that he's a true flanker has been proven to be an utter failure.
7. That makes Colston & Bennett the starters with Jones the primary backup at flanker with Hester, Hurd, and maybe Sanz sharing slot duty.
1. The clearest upgrade need is at LT--someone to at least push and compete with Webb.
2. You're not gonna get that except via FA or round 1 of the draft. If there's a stud OT avail at our pick in round 1 (Mike Adams? Reilly Reif?), then I think you take him. Winner in TC/PS starts opposite Carimi and loser (prob Webb) becomes the backup swing OT.
3. OMG cut...no brainer
4. We are ok at OG with CWill/Spencer/Louis/EWill so I wouldn't favor drafting an OG higher than round 4--we have way bigger fish to fry with our first 4 draft picks IMO.
5. I see the future need for a great C but I think we can wait on that unless Konz looks like a can't miss pro-bowler in rd 1.
6. 2012 starting OL:
FA/1st rounder -- CWill -- Garza/Spencer -- Louis/Spencer -- Carimi
Caleb Hanie has clearly failed. Enderle is nowhere near ready to move up. Barring a miracle the last 3 games, we will need to sign a half-decent backup QB with some experience out of FA (Orton?).
I haven't given up yet on KDavis though he's been a disappointment this year (part of which I attribute to Martz's misuse of TEs as pure blockers only). If a quality receiving TE (Coby Fleenor?) is available mid-draft, I'd consider that worthwhile to beef up a pathetic receiving corps.
Other positional needs
1. Youth/depth at LB...Roach can be upgraded.
2. Youth/depth at DE
3. Secondary help: Major Wright seems to always be hurt and Meriweather hasn't exactly shined. A big cover CB to develop would be great too as ZBowman blows.
1. Fire Martz...don't get sucked into the "continuity" argument...just do it, he totally blows.
2. Fire Daryl Drake...blows big time, need a WR coach who can actually bring a rookie WR along.
3. JA sucks big time but we are stuck with him through his contract unless he mercifully decides to "retire" and change is forced upon the ownership. If the guy can manage to make some quality FA signings and not fuck up the draft (he was decent last year), I can live with him for now. We have cap space so there's no excuse for not getting some much needed talent esp on the O side of the ball.
Last edited by MPBears68; 12-14-2011 at 06:39 PM.
High Fives / Like - 1 BEAR DOWN!, 0 Dislikes