What are you guys gonna do in the offseason?
Bulls/Hawks looking to be good (yay!) But Fire/Cubs/Sox Look to be bad (boo/boo/???)
I am just so frustrated with this Bears team... might not post or even visit the site till after the superbowl... but then again, it might just be sour grapes...
I know it sounds wierd, but I hope we finish 7-9 get the better pick (finish with a win... why? its such a long offseason plus the roster turnover... I dont see the point other than making the team look "better")
I see the needs as such:
1) Martz Needs to be fired before next game... preferably out of a catapult... into lake michigan... which we have set on fire....
I picked 3 OL in the first 3 rounds, knowing that JA's track record with OLmen... if 2 are injured, we still get 1 quality starter, Plus Williams and Carimi, have the makings of something nice
- Round 1: OT
- Round 2: OG
- Round 3: OG/C
- Round 4: DT or CB, best possible of those 2
- Round 5: S
- Round 6: QB (Its JA....)
- Round 7: LB for the ST
3) FA... I dont know who will be coming out but Targets should be WR/CB
4) Get Gould a pair of Glasses... Hes had an off year... remind him the ball goes between the uprights :) (seriously, I think this mighta been one of his worst years to date, but I dont have the numbers in front of me, If anyone does, Please let me know!)
5) Invasion of Green Bay, and the Dismantling of Lameblo and their Team HQ...
There we go, A 5 step offseason plan to bring the Bears back to the Playoffs! :)
Any Comments/questions? I am open for some spirited debate!
:lol-027: Hey, Aenir!
I'm just glad the NBA's back, WOOOO!! I'll continue to watch the Red Wings, add some Pistons to the mix (yep, I know they're rebuilding and have a new coach and owner), then maybe watch some of the playoffs. My relatives back home want me to cheer on the Lions, but I can't do that. I'm a one team per league fan, lol! I'm not sure if I'll play playoffs FF (nfl.com) or not. It would be nice to win Super Bowl tixs, though... :lol-032:
play a lot of video games and spend time w/my kids until march madness, if the Bulls don't turn it around they have looked pretty bad in the 1st two games. I'll get back w/the cubs in about 3-4 years if they actually show signs of being compitent.
Santa got me a PS3 so I'll be doing that and hittin' some judo tourneys until the draft I suppose. With the partial lockout I just can't get into the NBA now. Good to see you on here Aenir.
travel the great state of texas
my condolences JJ!
interesting plans everyone!!!
anyone have 5 steps to help the bears return to greatness? :D
This off-season...??? If the F'ing Packers win the Superbowl again, I am going to be REALLY pissed...!!! I am really going to be in a HATE-THE-BEARS mode...
Other than that, I will just be enjoying life...
what does one have to do with the other?
Originally Posted by 3nagurski
1) Virginia Dies, Bears are sold to a competent ownership(this won't happen)
Originally Posted by Aenir
2) Fire F/O, or at least TP, JA, TR (this won't happen)
3) Fire Martz/Drake/Tice/Marinelli, possibly Lovie too. This group has done nothing to develop talent, I heard that Manderson has 8 sacks this year in NE...8!!!!!(but this won't happen either, we'll be lucky to get rid of Drake)
4) Hit on at least 3 day 1 impact players in the draft(bc JA is still here this won't happen)
5) Hit on a FA #1 WR/SS/CB/DL(b/c they cannot draft them, but again JA is not capable of pulling this off)