The Big Picture; Who We Got and Who We Didn't Get Debate Place.......
OK, I'll sponsor up one spot where we can look at all of the picks in combination and evaluate them, what we covered, what we didn't cover, and how we look at Emery's first draft.
I'll start by saying he approaches his draft in a completely different manner than Angelo did. Emery looks for what we don't have and finds guys to fill that role. Angelo seemed to focus on who he liked with less regard for whether or not he'd be an upgrade for the team overall.
1) I like the McC pick. We got what we didn't have. A LDE who can rush and pressure QB's.
2) Another "aircraft carrier" WR who may take a while to develop into a good all around WR but for now he'll be another scary redzone target and a guy who knows how to catch back shoulder throws. Jay will love him.
3) Hardin is our solution for how to cover big fast TE's. Wright doesn't match up well with the Jermichael Finley's of the NFL. He may also be able to play CB in the red zone against monster WR's.
4) An Aaron Hernandez type HBack who can catch and block. Not an inline TE or a hybrid weenie like Fleener. This kid will give us another option out of the slot who can run block and be a good 3rd down receiver. Compares to the Chiefs Tony Moeaki as well.
6) A CB who doesn't play zone or tackle all that well but has decent size and straight line speed. Probably a PS project if he even makes the team. Somebody for Hoke and Byrd to groom I guess.
Well let the debates, the gripes and/or the wailing and gnashing of teeth mix with the abundant joy and have at it guys.