and I don't think he should be shown the moneyz. On the year and dollar front Soul and I are pretty much spot on in agreement. I just don't agree on posters that think he's a dried up old fruit that cannot possibly play anymore b/c he's 26. but stay on point.
and per usual, you're dogging me for defending your bff soul...you one crazy bitch...I kinda dig that in you.
1st off... I posted a link to the article you copied to show that it was indeed an article from the sports rag Bleacher Report
2nd... I gave my opinion on the site because I have seen more trash come from that page that the rags that cover celebs.
3rd... I did not call your posting articles trash. I called the site you used trash (see #2). Learn the difference. In fact, you provide a great service to the site by posting articles. You generate a lot of discussion, even with this piece that came from a sports rag.
Anyway, you want an opinion on the piece eh? How does this work for you. A second year linebacker being compared to Urlacher is a joke. Calling him a potential replacement who could join the ranks of the great linebackers is an even bigger joke. He has not really done anything in his very limited career to even make people think that he can be a good linebacker, let alone replace a player like Urlacher.
If you want to know why I did not say this earlier. Mo basically said the same exact things I was thinking.
But thank you for your criticisms of me and what I do around here. You are a good friend for pointing out what you believe are my shortcomings. It takes a very big man to do that, especially in the public eye. I am ever so grateful. I owe you a debt of gratitude!
Oh, and just so you know, I wont ban you for your hissyfit about my calling one of your article sources trash.
Last edited by The Benjamin; 06-20-2012 at 08:41 PM.
I imagine he will be nothing more than a good special teamer over his career. That being said, I wouldn't be completely amazed if he became a solid, starting MLB in a few years. I mean, a number of undrafted free agents have gone on to hall of fame careers. While I'm not expecting it, it's not out of the realm of possibilities that he becomes pretty good.
BR is for entertainment only, gotta take it for what it is.
I agree Rogelio, will he be the next great MLB for Chicago, probably not, but it's not like we've gone one after the other in a string of HoF'rs. Someone will have to replace Brian in a few years, if this kid conitnues to develop and Lovie is still installing the Cover 2 why not this guy?
What, you had to post a link to the same article I copied and pasted when you and every one else can just read what I posted? WTF. Did you think I edited it to make my point? Jeezus Benji you take the cake. You're making me dislike you all over again.
You know you and all the rest of you who think there can't possibly any truth in this because it was in the B/R are welcome to go fuck yourselves. Even when I posted and alternate article from a second source, an unbiased scouting report on him from his college days that was reasonably complimentary, and a poll that says that at least a few fans think he has potential, you say it's just trash?
Fuck it. You all can just go research your own fucking articles and I'll keep my posting limited to critiques of them. I'm tired of spending time doing research on things and debating with those who are too fucking lazy to do the same. We all have keyboards and access to the same shit. But I suppose it's easier to just poke holes in my stuff.
When I post facts I back them up and even when I post an opinion if it's possible that it's suspect at least I make an attempt to see if another article shares the same opinion. Fuck this. Y'all do your own lifting rocks and scrounging for stuff to post. Did it ever occur to you that I don't always agree with the position of these articles but I post them anyway because they give us something to debate.
You can disagree with the conclusion but don't call my fucking attempts to post interesting articles trash just because you don't like where they come from. You didn't even bother to take the time to post why you agree or disagree with the posts you lazy little prick. At least others had enough consideration to do that.
What a great contribution you are the the staff around here Benji. All it is to you is a status symbol to you and I was amazed that the others even agreed to it because I would have opposed it. How much did you have to whine to get it.
You can go ahead and ban me for this if you like but when all you have to say about my attempt to post something that I knew might be controversial is that it's worthless, don't take it seriously, and that it's trash you're insulting me for even bothering to post that point of view. Fine then take the time to at least offer a counter opinion. What you actually took the time to post is trash and a waste of valuable space.
Well... here's my "great contribution", as a member of the staff.... I'm not going to comment on whether your thoughts are valid, or not... that not being the point. However, I would like to make a couple other points about delivery:
1. This isn't the bar scene. Don't confuse our willingness to allow a couple of inappropriate words here and there with the idea that you are now free to curse at-will in the public forums.
2. Again, this is not the bar scene. Don't confuse our willingness to allow a few flaming comments here and there with the idea that you can "flame-on" at will. Calling the article source "trash" is a far cry from a direct verbal assault on ANYONE.
3. The largest amount of work that goes on into being staff around this joint is behind the scenes. There has been a metric ton of changes in how a board is administered since you last tried it and keeping it smooth runs the entire gamut. What you as a member can do, by clicking on ANYTHING you can see, is about 20% of the software that runs this board. The rest is back-end. Does it take a massive effort? No, not normally, but for you to call into question anybody's 'status' as a staff member merely shows how little you realize what some people do to keep this place running. And, we like it like that. You shouldn't have to deal with any of the back room stuff that we do.
4. Stuff like this should be take care of privately when there is going to be a debate (however heated) about methodology of posting, etc. Once something goes public, the response (like this) needs to be public or else someone will start complaining that some people can "get away" with things because of their contributions (think BD54 vs. everyone).
5. And lastly... I am damn tired of people proclaiming "go ahead and ban me" (you haven't been the only one). What that means to me is that you KNOW you are going to break the rules, you willingly do so anyway, and your proclamation is nothing more than a lame attempt at trying to justify breaking the rules by expressing a willingness to fall upon your own sword. There is a "Log out" button up top. If you no longer desire to abide by the rules AT ALL TIMES... use it. Likewise, when someone else doesn't abide... report it and let us take care of it (either in private (usually) or in public (as necessary)). And that INCLUDES complaints or reports about the staff.
Now having said all that... you are, without a doubt, the one person outside of TBS that keeps the NFL/BEARS content fresh, ongoing, debatable, and varied in the NFL forums. You are very much appreciated for what you do here and NOBODY wants to see you go anywhere.
Keep it respectful in public and if you must get disrespectful about something, either take it to the Bar Scene (where your flames will be graded pass/fail, edited, and generally improved upon by those of us who are better at it) or go with a "private" means of communication.
America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." - Claire Wolfe
"Possibly, but it's not to early to start loading ammo!" - Loki