First time in NFL history that 2 different players on the same team returned INTs for TDs in back to back weeks.
Originally Posted by Riczaj01
I'm trying//to let go//of maybe//but maybe's just so//very interesting//Oh, what a thing.
High Fives / Like - 2 BEAR DOWN!, 0 Dislikes
I'll go with that!
Originally Posted by Jimmors
What I learned:
1) Our Defense is/can be the best since Lovie became Head Coach. THAT is saying something.
2) Cutler IS a true franchise QB & has ALL the needed parts to be ELITE & score major points.
3) Our O-Line is finally working properly & allowing Cutler to have confidence in having the time to deliver a great throw.
4) Mike Tice actually CAN call the right plays at the right time with Cutler being allowed to call audibles when needed.
5) Our Special Teams is above average...BUT not as great as 2006 era when Hester was a dominant force who could return a punt/kickoff for a TD at any time.
6) Hester CAN catch the "big play" throw which gives Cutler more confidence throwing his way, especially if Marshall is doubled.
7) Our COACHING staff can alter the gameplan & make the required adjustments to counter the opposing teams' gameplan.
8) Our DB's are stepping up & taking away the deep ball when the opposing offense goes into "throw only" mode.
I REALLY like what I'm seeing from the team in whole. The only thing that can or should slow us down is key injuries. If players like Cutler, Forte, Bush, Marshall, Hester, Briggs, Tillman, Jennings, Conte, Wright, the entire D-line & O-line, can stay healthy...I would expect a Super Bowl appearance. If ALL of these guys remain relatively healthy the whole year, I see dominance. Other teams like the Packers are having "that kind of year" where many key players are getting injured & disrupting the flow & chemistry of the entire team.
Every year now, the NFL has "A Football Story" about whoever won the SB. Everytime I watch it, I see a team who have unique circumstances & come together to form 1 amazing SB winning year. Right now I could totally see the Bears having the 2013 Football Story special about how Cutler overcame extreme media pressure & criticism for his "attitude & demeanor"...the defense scoring major points & a record number of turnovers, & the year when a new GM came in & realized exactly what pieces we needed to fill & was able to fill them. Coach Smith has been on the proverbial hot seat & when finally given the required pieces he needed, was able to coach his team to a SB win.
In a year when...
* Peyton Manning switches teams & recovers from a major neck injury but not having total success...
* Brady playing verl well but the team missing a couple key pieces...
* Rodgers & the Pack not playing anywhere near expectations...
* Vick & Romo struggling at an extreme level....
* Giants loaded with injuries & being very inconsistant...
I see us having a great chance at SB victory. The 49ers & Falcons should be our only & major competition. If my life depended on picking a SB team...it would be the Bears, Texans, Falcons, or 49ers. I think whichever team has the least serious & Key injuries through the rest of the season will be the winner.
Last edited by DieHard Bear ina Chair; 10-08-2012 at 02:31 AM.
High Fives / Like - 1 BEAR DOWN!, 0 Dislikes
I saw with some added talent on offense da bears aren't the three and out rest opponent defenses // no mention of da bear defense other than they were old and not the foundation anymore //what about the yearly additions of major chris wooten paea all these guys plus the all pros are the result of a deep very talented defense///if they get the offensive line any where near the d line level look out//thumbs up to bear management additions this year have really closed any gap towards making da bears competitive at all levels
Well since Webb is doing SO good, move him to RT, and move Carimi to LT with help. I'd BET Webb would be doing alot worse.Staff must see Carimi has a better chance of winnning the battle since Webb IS getting the HELP. But I will say Webb did look better then the start of the season. You know since JC BUMPED him.
Originally Posted by Riczaj01
The passion of a few, to rule the many, that's Washington D.C.. Where else was that said before, about whom?
no webb isn't doing good, he's getting all the help Y. But when Carimi is being asked to single w/no help he's struggling as much as Webb did. Y that theory holds no water, coaches have been giving him assistance either Spaeth is on his side and or he's getting RB help. Had nothing to do w/JC bumping him and everything to do w/Tice giving up on him.
Yea and it was nice seeing him on the field. He had a great run we might start seeing a little more of him if we have more games like this one.
Originally Posted by little bear
Doesn't sound good, been reading he will be out for weeks some say 4 to 8 weeks.
Originally Posted by JustAnotherBearsFan99