- The Bears’ and Ravens’ defenses made a statement on Opening Day…they both looked Super.
- Tom Brady: 32-48, 517, 4-1...wow.
- Jim Harbaugh owns Pete Carroll…doesn’t matter the level or venue.
- Colts vice chairman Bill Polian was at the Stanford/Duke game to watch Andrew Luck on Saturday…now I get it…
- Cam Newton: 24-37, 422, 2-1...his 422 passing yards are a new NFL record for a rookie in his opener. He made some rookie mistakes, but showed great poise and command. Kid’s special.
- Patrick Peterson: 5 tackles, 89-yard punt return TD…an up and down day on defense, but he returned a 4th quarter punt for an 89-yard TD that ended up winning the game.
- Von Miller: 5 tackles, forced fumble…on the Broncos first defensive snap of the season (and Miller’s 1st NFL play), he gets a tackle and forced fumble on Jacoby Ford. He played fast was around the ball a lot. Still wish he was playing in a 34 defense, but the guy’s a baller in any scheme.
- Randall Cobb: 2 catches, 35 yards, a TD, and an NFL record-tying 108 yard kickoff return for another TD. Percy Harvin Lite.