‎Chicago Bears' Josh Morgan arrested on assault charge

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Benjamin, Apr 28, 2014.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,860 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    835ß
    • [​IMG]
    • By Dan Hanzus
    • Around the League Writer
    • Published: April 28, 2014 at 05:31 p.m.
    • Updated: April 28, 2014 at 06:03 p.m.

Trouble has found new Chicago Bears wide receiver Josh Morgan in his hometown.

D.C. Metropolitan Police Department spokesman Paul Metcalf confirmed to NFL Media on Monday that Morgan was arrested early Sunday morning and booked on one charge of misdemeanor simple assault.

Morgan was released after his booking. The Washington Post reported his court date is May 22.

The wide receiver told WRC-TV that he's innocent of any wrongdoing.

"I didn't touch him," Morgan said Monday. "I didn't do anything. This is crazy. I'm not worried about nothing.

"I have always been a stand-up guy in the community. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before."

Morgan, 28, signed a one-year deal with the Bears last week after spending the last two seasons with the Washington Redskins. In 14 games (seven starts) last season, Morgan had 20 receptions for 214 yards. He was held without a touchdown catch for the first time in his six-year career.

Morgan is expected to battle with Marquess Wilson for Chicago's No. 3 receiver role behind Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery.

The latest "Around The League Podcast" breaks down the draft with NFL Films' Greg Cosell.
  2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,537 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    723ß
    Fixed it for you Josh. Enjoy Chicago...
    • Like Like x 2
  3. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +808 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    697ß
  4. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,195 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    88ß
    :10 4 1[1]:Well I suppose get it out of the teams system now and no more drama later on.
  5. EternalChampion

EternalChampion Veteran

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    64ß
    Save it for the Packers Josh.
  6. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +735 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    698ß
    I think Emery told him we expect our WR to block downfield and he was merely practicing his blocking skills
  7. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,537 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    723ß
    LOL, I like his style. That is women, as in more than one.

Josh Morgan charged with assault, days after signing with the Bears
    Posted by Michael David Smith on April 28, 2014, 6:04 PM EDT
    [​IMG]

Days after he signed a contract to leave Washington and play in Chicago, new Bears wide receiver Josh Morgan was at a Washington, D.C. nightclub, where he was involved in an incident with a valet, leading to an assault charge.
    Multiple reports say Morgan was arrested and faces a charge of misdemeanor simple assault.
    The valet, Kenneth Johnson, told NBC Washington that Morgan hit him for looking at the women Morgan was with.
    “I was just standing there and I looked up, and in the blink of an eye he just punched me right in the mouth,” Johnson said. “Instantly my mouth is bleeding profusely, just blood coming out all over my jacket and stuff. I was scared. I didn’t know what to do. . . . It’s not fair for anybody to go around punching people just doing their job. I didn’t say anything disrespectful to the lady. I didn’t look at her or sexualize her in any way. I just looked in the direction and I got hit.”
    For his part, Morgan told NBC reporter Dianna Marie Russini that the whole story is bogus.
    “I didn’t touch him. I didn’t anything. This is crazy. I’m not worried about nothing,” Morgan said. “I have always been a stand up guy in the community. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before.”
    The Bears released the typical boilerplate statement.
    “We are aware of Josh Morgan’s presence at a weekend incident in Washington, D.C.,” the Bears’ statement said. “We are currently gathering information to learn more about the circumstances surrounding the event.”
    The 28-year-old Morgan has played the last two years in Washington. He is expected to compete for the No. 3 receiver spot in Chicago.
  8. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +730 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    74ß
    Wow, who knows. I'm not losing any sleep over it. If it was BMarsh or Alshon, that's another thing. These guys are such targets for frivolous law suits anymore, but some of them aslo feel like they can get away with crap like this. If there was a valet, then I'm pretty sure there was also a camera somewhere.
    • Like Like x 1