1/2 Super bowl thoughts

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Feb 2, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +627 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    510ß
    Amazed sums it up.

Did not think Seattle Defense would shut down Peyton and the Broncos Offense. Expected them to slow them down but not shut them down. Getting more excited about this Hybrid Defense and hoping we have the brain trust to pull it off. Braintrust starts with GM to get the right players, and coaches to make it happen. We will not look as good as Seattle in year 1 but I do not believe I have seen Peyton so ineffective since his rookie season in Indy. If we can get a top 10 defense with our offense the light at the end of the tunnel is near
  2. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    36ß
    Seattle is playing very well and the momentum is on their side.
  3. dinwitty

dinwitty Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    you are seeing what it will take to have a superbowl team now, that what the bears need to do. Defense must swarm and work close to recievers, offensive plays need quick short speedy passes. No long passes that gleam interception.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. hoth

hoth Veteran

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    super bore.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. dinwitty

dinwitty Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I think the game started off very bad for Denver with the botched snap, thats a mental mistake, but watching quarterback performances on both sides, I think Cutler was a lot better during the season than in the superbowl game for either side. But the difference in the game was the Seattle defense period. Lets just say that the Bears had to play against this in a superbowl, like my post above, to beat it, it will take short fast pass snappy plays. Some of those throws not caught by Denver Brandon Marshall would have had. The Bears have some quirks to work out which is why they didnt make it, the defense looked good at the start, why it faltered later I wondered. As far as Cutler and injuries go, the bears need a good one two punch like McCown was for quarterback talent. You just can't expect your backup to just carry the game on, he has to have the winning qualities.

I wasn't sure who to root for in this game, but since Denver beat the Bears in their superbowl, I wanted them to lose, whomever the opposition was, despite the qualities Payton has, thats what it took to defeat a great quarterback.
  6. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,086 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    113ß
    So much for the dumb idea that a SB couldn't or shouldn't be played in a northern open air stadium. It's football for crying out loud. I'm glad that myth was slain. Otherwise, it was a totally anti-climactic borefest.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,177 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    56ß
    Make Manning throw short and pressure up the A gap or just front 4 pressure. Hell, the guy didn't even look like he wanted to be touched much less hit. No way Manning even comes back in the game unless he can stand in there and wait for the verticals to open up.

Though I greatly admire Manning's thoroughness to prepare, I believe his brittleness and lack of being able to stand in the pocket affected his game.
  8. DavidL

DavidL Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +643 / 5 / -22
    ßearz ßuckz:
    603ß
    Seahawks absolutely crushed Denver. I expected Seattle would win, but not total domination. Right now, Seahawks and 49ers are the class of the NFC. We have some catching up to do!
    :10_4_4v[1]:
  9. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    Seattles' "D" line owned the Denver "O" line. It all starts up front and Denvers' "O" line played like the Bears "O" line of previous years (not this last years as it was better), also the Denver "D" really stunk up the place.
    • Like Like x 1