11th ranked offense in the NFL

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Boochee Man, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Boochee Man

Boochee Man Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,778ß
    It would be nice to have an offense that plays more than 1-quarter of good ball. The game has 4 quarters. We get behind in these games and sometimes it's a loss due to the fact the "O" fails to show up in the first 3 quarters of the game.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    32ß
    That is much higher than I thought we might be. Not only is that based upon Yards per game, but we are 4th if you filter it down by Points per game. So the offense looks much better statistically, and that supports some of the production we have seen on the field, just surprised that it is that high.

Looking at Defense and 20th in Yards per game allowed and 26th in points per game allowed. That statistic is exactly what we are seeing on the field.
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,778ß
    The problem is turnovers. We are #3 in the entire NFL for giving the ball away in turnovers. Only the N.Y. Giants and Arizona give the ball away more than us. It's a back breaker in big games when you turn the football over to your opponent.

It also hurts your defense, and that is showing up in games too.

(LINK)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,619 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    680ß
    It's great to have the 11th ranked offense, but they need to make better use of their runningbacks. We all know Forte can push it into the endzone, but seeing as we're financially strapped, and Michael Bush may become a cap casualty (he'll only make $1.5 million next year, but a rookie would be cheaper), so they should throw the big guy in to help wear down opposing defenses. I don't think I've seen one instance where the opposing defense was as gassed as ours at the end of the game.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +2,279 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,691ß
    I wouln't be so down, 99. With a little more work, we may be able to work our way up to #1
  7. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,619 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    680ß
    I didn't think about it like that, but it makes sense. Plus, everyone says it takes 3 years to master an offensive system. I know it's only 5 games, but I think it's a pretty safe bet that Trestman is going to be here for the 3 years needed to make the offense work perfect. The good thing is, we know for sure 3 of our offensive linemen, one if not both of our runningbacks, our tight end, our quarterback and probably both of our wide receivers are also going to be here for that time. Seeing them already as the #11 offense in the league has to make one think, that once Trestman becomes more adept at playcalling, and adjusting his gameplan, this will be an elite offense soon, and probably for a good while. All they really need, after this season (barring a catastrophe) is a replacement for Garza and another TE, a backup QB, for one of our young WR's overtake Earl Bennett and probably a speedy RB that can return kicks.
    • Like Like x 1