1st April Mock

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Apr 5, 2014.

1. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +409 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    320ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Not necessarily true. I was a big fan of Nix coming into the draft. It will all depend on the specifics of the injury, the corrective surgery and how the rehab goes.

Nix could be totally recovered and have a 10+ year career in the pros. He also could develop severe arthritis in his knee early on and have his career cut short after only 3 or 4 years. I'm sure that every team looking a Nix has put him through the wringer medically. But no one is talking about it so we have to guess.

2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,042 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,302ß
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=110891&draftyear=2014&genpos=DT

04/03/14 - 2014 Pro Days: Notre Dame's Nix, Martin take care of business...With all 32 NFL teams represented, including head coaches Gus Bradley (Jaguars) and Mike Tomlin (Steelers), NT Louis Nix, OL Zach Martin and 14 other former Irish players participated on Thursday at Notre Dame's pro day in South Bend. Working out shirtless to show off his decreased body weight, Nix, who said he was “down” to 331 pounds, performed positional drills for scouts, even lining up nose-to-nose with Tomlin on some drills. He showed why some around the league feel he belongs in the top-15 discussion of the first round, appearing quick, controlled and strong with whatever the coaches asked him to do. Nix's charismatic personality also stood out as it usually does. “I hope they liked my thighs and my footwork and my hips,” Nix said when asked what he wanted to show scouts. “Because I've been working on them and trying to get them flexible and be able to move around.” Nix measured in at 6-2 and 331 (same as his NFL Combine numbers) and ran a 5.36 40-yard dash in South Bend, besting his 5.42 and 5.43 results from Indianapolis. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,042 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,302ß
    Here's a trade down scenerio
    Bears trade out of the 2nd round 51st pick and out of their 2nd 6th round pick
    In return they get Clevelands 2 3rd round picks 71 and 93, as well as their 7th round pick, 195.
    Same scenerio Dix/Donald are off the board already.
    1st Anthony Barr DE/OLB UCLA, Det took Dix, Tenn grabs Gilbert, NYG's grabs Donald, which meant Barr fell to a Bears team that needs OLB depth, and someone to replace Briggs next year. It wasn't their intention to take one here but the Bears take advantage of the fall, this will allow Bostic to play backup MLB and also fills a role for an OLB when the Bears do play in a 3-4 scheme. Barr is an explosive athlete and a great pass rusher something the Bears needed last year and haven't completely corrected as of FA.
    3rd
    71 Ed Reynolds, FS Standord, Covers a ton of ground, could cover TE's, has good instincts and can play ST's to boot. He's not an eilte S, but w/the DL looking like it is the Bears don't look to try and land an elite S this year.
    82 Deon Bucannon SS Washington State, Bears solidify their backfield w/a SS. A big hitter and physical pressence, where Reynolds might be a liability in the run game, that is a strength for Bucannon. Much like Reynolds, both will try and seperate the ball from the carrier though, which is one of the few carry overs from the Lovie Smith era.
    83 Anthony Johnson DT LSU, before the emergance of Donald in the Senior Bowl, many thought Johnson was the DT the Bears would target, bigger then Donald at 6'2" 308 lbs, he's just as explosive off the ball and has shown an ability to run stuff and pass rush. While not as refined day one as Donald, he is going to spend a year in a rotation which allows him to refine those skills.
    4th Daniel McCullers NT Tenn, A BIG BOY sitting at nearly 350 lbs, he'll be used sparingly at first, strictly a 0 tech when the Bears run their 3-4 look(which will be seldom), he's big, strong, powerfull and will not be moved off a line even w/multiple blockers. He will get gassed easily though, and has to make sure he stays in conditiona and that he uses correct form consistantly. Although he is a classic 3-4 0 tech, he can also be played at a 4-3 NT, like Paea he's not going to be confused as a pass rusher, but also like Paea be used as a 4-3 NT run stuffer and lane clogger.
    5th Barnett Jackson CB ND, A bigger CB but needs developmental time, but can play ST's until he's earned a job playing D. He's a good tackler and has shown an ability to play the pass w/4 int's and 4 more passes defended, he was also 2nd on the team in tackles.
    6th Glasco Martin RB, Baylor, Martin had a couple lower leg inj's that could be a concern, but he's got the size and is just over 4.5 40 speed, if he's healthy he might well be able to help lighten the load for Ford should Forte go down.
    7th Kaneakua Friel TE BYU, Bears get a guy that can be a good blocker, and hopefully could develop into an okay pass catcher to back up Marty B

4. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 2 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,437ß
    Your best mock draft by far, Ric. I freakin love it. :-)

I'm afraid Bucannon will be taken early in the second round, though. Gotta say, he's become one of my favorite players in this years draft. Would love to see him in navy and orange, and I wouldn't even care if he's a reach or not. lol

5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,042 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,302ß
    ya but you can replace Bucannon w/Langston, who I also really like, and there are some tweener CB/S'sthat come in the later rounds.

I hated taking Barr there, it's just not a day 1 need position, but it's as likely a scenerio as any if Dix is taken by Det who desperately needs DB help, That means NY has to decide on the inside or outside pressence. It could go either way. But in reality everyone has talked Donald, Hagemen, Jernigan, Dix, Pryor to death.

6. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,727 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    781ß
    Pretty good trade down simulation there. I agree that Detroit is very likely to go DB and Ha-Ha makes a lot of sense since they lost Delmas. NYG on the other hand have needs all over the place. On DL, on OL, and at WR/TE. Predicting their pick is really a crap shoot not knowing who may fall to them.

Buchannon is my wanted guy for round 2 but the Bears have already telegraphed interest in him by inviting him to HH. So maybe they have laid a smokescreen for picking a different safety there. Buchannon appears to be climbing the boards reputedly so he may not be available to us in mid-2.

7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,042 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,302ß
    Ya NY could just as easily go TE, probably not WR, or OL, or really even DE...if Barr were to fall, well hell they could use that also.

Yep Buchannon seems to be moving up, so I guess that isn't really an option for the 3rd, read that after I did the mock, but again I really like Langston in the 3rd. He's a boarderline FS, solid SS, so he's a good pick in the 3rd.

8. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,727 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    781ß
    Just shooting the breeze here...nothing else to talk about until the damn draft gets here lol.

NYG had a horrible pass pro last year so if a guy like Lewan reaches them I could see it. Otherwise, they probably go DL or Ebron true.

I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment with Buchannon at 51 but what the hell I really like what I've read about him (apparently others too if he's moving up pretty well). Hard hitter, nice mix of run D and ball skills, good size, ran a 4.49, and a three year college starter. Was hoping he could be our Pryor-lite without having to use a 1st.

9. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,042 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,302ß
    Pryor is more FS Buccanhon is a SS though, but ya he's got some upside.

ya mocks are excersizes in time wasting.

10. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,727 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    781ß
    Thought they both projected more as SSs?