1st "away" game AND 1st prime time game with the new team.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 17, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,048 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    311ß
    I'm thankful we had our first 2 games of the Trestman era, home at Soldier Field.

Now we have the first road game with these new coaches and players. Our Sunday Night Football record during the Cutler era is 1-6, with some of our worst games, with epic humiliating meltdowns.

It will be VERY interesting to see how well the new coaching staff has the team prepared for this SNF game.
  2. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,214 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    477ß
    I just hope our defense finally gets their shit together.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +134 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    29ß
    We can't give them 4 turn overs either. We need to own the game.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    14ß
    I think this will be a tougher game than most people think. Pittsburgh is 0-2 so they will be desparate & their defense is still pretty good. We can't turn the ball over (Like TB1 said) & win this game. I can't remember the last time we won in Pittsburgh. Maybe the Butkus days? Someone tell me it hasn't been THAT long!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    126ß
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +522 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    134ß
    Just one question have you seen Cutler in a better frame of mind then he is at any point in his career with the Bears?

He says he's not seeing any ghosts in the pocket anymore and he's got to get used to trusting his line. Something tells me he'll get over those mental issues.
  7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,048 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    311ß
    He's looks better in these first two games. But he still has stuff to clean up. I'm watching the game again right now, and as I was reading your post, the play came up where he's got the ball loosely at his side in one hand - and fumbles away for a Vike score. Classic "Bad Jay" move.

He's got to clean that stupid stuff up. It's a self-inflicted wound, that can lose games.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BearJim

Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    14ß
    I had forgot about the Bubby Brister days. Thanks for looking that up Shark. I remembered we whipped in Singletary's last home game but not the game in 89'. Harbaugh was our QB for both games.
  9. BearJim

Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    14ß
    I agree 99. The thing is Jay would've got away from most defenders on that play but I think he forgot it was Jared Allen. The guy is a beast.
  10. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +522 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    134ß
    I agree he has stuff to clean up and Cutty does make dumb mistakes to frequently. But he also can makes great passes when he has to and that's still what separates him from guys like Dalton, Schaub, and other B rated QB's. However all experts complain about him his boneheaded moves. My argument for Cutty is with the new positive mind frame which I believe he has with this coaching staff this gives him the best opportunity to fix the bonehead mistakes. If he can fix these things which why Emery didn't give him a deal till some hardcore facts come out after this season they will know what to do with him after this season guarantee.
  11. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,048 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    311ß
    Cutler is playing significantly better than in the past. I'm pleased with most of his play so far.

You right about Jared Allen. The guy is a freak, and still as good as he ever was. But Jay does have to protect the ball better in those situations. I've long lost count on how many times he's given away the ball in those kind of situations. And Jared Allen isn't the only stud he's going to face this season. Heck, in the NFC-N alone, there are people able to run him down like roadkill, even with our improved OL.

He has GOT to learn to protect the ball in those situations. It's something most QB's learn in high school. Time for Jay to "get it" too.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  12. draw2anderson35

draw2anderson35 Veteran

Ratings:
    +76 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I have a feeling that what the Steelers have put on tape the first two weeks is nothing that Da Bears will see on SNF. Prime time at home is a big motivator for them and they will desperate to get that first W. Over the first two weeks they have shown that they can not run b/c of lack of getting to the second level... so I see them transitioning to a pass happy offense since their only play-maker is Big Ben. Puts a lot of pressure on our secondary and more importantly our DL who needs to get a pass rush going. Big Ben has been sacked 7 times this year already so it shows there are some holes to exploit.

Interesting note on their run game is 60%+ of their runs have been right up the middle (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/OL). Lets see if Melton can show some of his worth in stopping em at the line.
  13. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,397 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    308ß
    Meh, the Steelers have a horrible offensive line, and if no one noticed, Dalton was playing HORRIBLY against them. Many of his passes were off target, and had he been more accurate, would've lead to a bigger differential in score. Both teams are equally motivated to win (steelers need to get a W in the Win column, Bears need to stay ahead of the pack), so I'm not buying motivation as a factor. The Bears have better position players than the Bengals, and with an 0-2 record, silencing the crowd will be significantly easier this week.
  14. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,397 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    308ß
    1992. http://www.footballdb.com/teamvsteam.html?tm=6&opp=25
  15. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,048 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    311ß
    I agree, it won't be a cakewalk. I know a lot of fans expect some games to be "easy" because we "should win" against struggling teams. But there really are no easy wins in the NFL. As soon as a team takes an opponent as an easy win - they lose.

We see this every week in the NFL.

The Steelers game will be a tough physical slugfest. I just hope we win and don't rack up key injuries in the process. They are a really physical team.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    19ß
    I have seen both Steelers games, and they are truly not the same team they have been in years past.

The Oline is not that good, but Big Ben is a Bear to bring down, but he is not as good as he used to be on the run.

Troy Palomolu (sp) is healthy and the guy is a beast, but I think this can be another win, IF we take care of the Ball.
  17. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,397 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    308ß
    Continue what worked last week, work Marshall out of the slot a few times, on the same field as Jeffery and work the tight end on the other side of the field. The Steelers are absolutely atrocious, when it comes to tackling, and we've got enough "big receivers" to knock 'em into the dirt.
  18. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    22ß
    I see a more confident J.C. in the first two games and he's been calm, cool and collected when the pressure is on. NO panic mode at all. I see the opposite from the Steelers. Their "O" line looks like the Bears from the last few seasons, NO running game, They lost their center for the season and their only "D" is Troy. Peppers has been ill with the Flu and I expect him to improve as his health does. I just hope for a injury free game at this point.
    ;-)