1st "away" game AND 1st prime time game with the new team.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 17, 2013.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,011 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,368ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I'm thankful we had our first 2 games of the Trestman era, home at Soldier Field.

Now we have the first road game with these new coaches and players. Our Sunday Night Football record during the Cutler era is 1-6, with some of our worst games, with epic humiliating meltdowns.

It will be VERY interesting to see how well the new coaching staff has the team prepared for this SNF game.

2. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,984 / 9 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,471ß
    I just hope our defense finally gets their shit together.

• Like Like x 3
  3. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +316 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    341ß
    We can't give them 4 turn overs either. We need to own the game.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BearJim

BearJim Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    81ß
    I think this will be a tougher game than most people think. Pittsburgh is 0-2 so they will be desparate & their defense is still pretty good. We can't turn the ball over (Like TB1 said) & win this game. I can't remember the last time we won in Pittsburgh. Maybe the Butkus days? Someone tell me it hasn't been THAT long!

• Like Like x 1
  5. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +998 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    736ß
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +723 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    459ß
    Just one question have you seen Cutler in a better frame of mind then he is at any point in his career with the Bears?

He says he's not seeing any ghosts in the pocket anymore and he's got to get used to trusting his line. Something tells me he'll get over those mental issues.

7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,011 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    3,368ß
    He's looks better in these first two games. But he still has stuff to clean up. I'm watching the game again right now, and as I was reading your post, the play came up where he's got the ball loosely at his side in one hand - and fumbles away for a Vike score. Classic "Bad Jay" move.

He's got to clean that stupid stuff up. It's a self-inflicted wound, that can lose games.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BearJim

BearJim Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    81ß
    I had forgot about the Bubby Brister days. Thanks for looking that up Shark. I remembered we whipped in Singletary's last home game but not the game in 89'. Harbaugh was our QB for both games.

9. BearJim

BearJim Veteran
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    81ß
    I agree 99. The thing is Jay would've got away from most defenders on that play but I think he forgot it was Jared Allen. The guy is a beast.

10. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +723 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    459ß
    I agree he has stuff to clean up and Cutty does make dumb mistakes to frequently. But he also can makes great passes when he has to and that's still what separates him from guys like Dalton, Schaub, and other B rated QB's. However all experts complain about him his boneheaded moves. My argument for Cutty is with the new positive mind frame which I believe he has with this coaching staff this gives him the best opportunity to fix the bonehead mistakes. If he can fix these things which why Emery didn't give him a deal till some hardcore facts come out after this season they will know what to do with him after this season guarantee.