2013-2014 Blackhawks

Discussion in 'Chicago Blackhawks Forum' started by shark86x, Jul 29, 2013.

1. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +483 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    52ß
    Might as well get ready for next season with a photo of the end of the last season...

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 4
  2. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +276 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    We'll be breaking camp with at least two rookie forwards, very possibly three. Pirri should have a sure spot and will battle for the 2C vacancy, LeBlanc is nice fallback competition, but I prefer he spend time in the Rock. Bumping Shaw to wing would be a prudent move, and we may see K uger jump up to that third unit if Pirri wins the 2C job outright because I doubt Zeus can hang with the speed and skill for 82 games. I could just as easily see Zeus starting at 2C while Pirri earns ice-time with the third line. Smith, whom I am no fan of, looks like a lock for the fourth line where Jayes, Beach and Morin should battle. I don't like Morin's game for the fourth line, and I'd rather he play another season on the top unit for the Hogs. While everyone has written Beach off, having watched most of the Hogs games last year on AHL Live during the lockout, I love how his game would fit in our bottom six. Jayes probably has a neck-up on either. I'm no Winchester fan, but he's a stud compared to Bollig and should at least spend time bussing it up-and-down during the season with him. It will also be interesting to see if Sheldon the turtle keeps his job as the seventh dman or if he will lose out to one of the recently signed Teddy or Kostka who count for half his cap hit. He'll be fine to start since the other two are on two-way contracts and can be recalled in emergency, and we could see a healthy dose of them bouncing from Rockford to Chicago throughout the season while we allow guys like Stanton, Clendening, Dahlbeck and Olsen another full season of development in key roles for the Hogs.
  3. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 3 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    99ß
    More than anything I just want the season to start ASAP. Last year was just so incredible to watch.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +483 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    52ß
    • Like Like x 2
  5. obamas rule

obamas rule Newbie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Screw the stitches, I want the blood running down his face. lol
  6. 4th and 26

Ratings:
    +490 / 3 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    99ß
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Veteran

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    LOL . Some people have entirely too much time on their hands . But I like it ! Very cool .
  8. Moth

Moth Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    reports out of U-20 camps is that Tuevo Teravainen is impressing yet again this season. I think the Blackhawks could have a gift fallen into their hands at that 2012 draft. I could see him making the jump as soon as next season full time

Will likely be a strong season for the 'Hawks again. I would definitely be excited as a 'Hawks supporter
  9. lklrlolnlilklsox

Ratings:
    +276 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    TT has been tearing shit up since the WJCs and now he's got an opportunity to pivot Jokerit's top line as a 19 year old. It's going to a very telling year for him.
  10. ticat

ticat Veteran

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I can't believe the media up here when discussing the olympics and sone had never even mentioned crawford as one of the goalies.
  11. Moth

Moth Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    With Canada's underwhelming goalie performances after this last year, I would have to imagine that Crawford would at least get an invite, but I would be shocked to see him higher then #3 on the depth chart.

Crawford's only exceptional season was half of one. The Chicago season before was probably, actually hindered by his performance. Carey Price will most likely be our starter for Sochi
  12. Moth

Moth Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Stitches sold for $6,500. Impressive stuff
  13. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Veteran

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
  14. Moth

Moth Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Cute article I guess... I dislike HockeyBuzz for undless reasons

Although I could make the same list for all teams.

1. Name every player on your roster and why they are great
    2. List your arena/venue, anthem singers and music and claim it's the best
    3. Every team has ice girls
    4. List your commited management and thinking heads from the coach to the GM and everyone in between.

Im not a Blackhawks fan, but the list to me that sets the team apart are:

- Jonathon Toews IS one of the best Captains in the game, and young to boot. A staple in Chicago, and the league for many years to come.
    - Chelsea Dagger
    - One of the few, exciting and involved fan bases out of the USA.
  15. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,630 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    277ß
    Who else cannot wait for puck drop?
    • Like Like x 1
  16. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +577 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    121ß
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/chi-chicago-blackhawks-crawford-extension-20130902,0,3151013.story

Blackhawks give Crawford 6-year contract extension

Corey Crawford's incredible year has been capped off with the announcement that that Chicago Blackhawks goaltender agreed to a six-year contract extension Monday.
    Crawford helped lead the Hawks to the Stanley Cup in June and now the goalie has a deal that runs through the 2019-20 season. After capturing the Jennings Trophy, along with Ray Emery, for the top goaltending perfomance during the 2013 season, the 28-year-old Crawford was stellar during the postseason by posting a 16-7 record, 1.84 goals-against average and .932 saves percentage in 23 games in the playoffs.
    The signing comes the same day the Montreal native has his day with the Cup. Last week, Crawford attended Team Canada's Olympic orientation camp in Calgary that could be the first step toward securing a roster spot for Canada during the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia.
    "There’s been a lot going on the last couple of months," Crawford said last week. "It’s pretty crazy to think about it after being in the minors only four years ago and thinking about whether I was going to make it or not to the NHL."
  17. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Veteran

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    Ok . Good season , but 6yrs for a guy who runs hot/cold similar to Luongo ? Let's see how he does .... but I Hope the Hawks don't live to regret this .
  18. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,630 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    277ß
    I am okay with it. He earned it. Coming into his own, and should have been the MVP of the Stanley Cup Playoffs
    • Like Like x 1
  19. 4th and 26

Ratings:
    +490 / 3 / -5
    ßearz ßuckz:
    99ß
    He won a cup and played out of his mind in the playoffs. The Hawks as a team played real good unlike the previous seasons. The talent is there and as long as they keep playing this way we could see a few more championships.
  20. lklrlolnlilklsox

Ratings:
    +276 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    It's nothing short of terrible. You don't pay a goalie that much, especially not in the salary cap era, unless he is a truly elite franchise centerpiece. That's not Corey Crawford. Hopefully, revenue keeps rising after the inflation of these TV contracts.