2013-2014 Blackhawks

Discussion in 'Chicago Blackhawks Forum' started by shark86x, Jul 29, 2013.

1. GibsonMcQueen

GibsonMcQueen Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I initially was a little hesitant on spending that much on him. It would have been nice if we could have seen if he could back up last years elite level of play this year. I have read a few articles that suggest the money was spent with the feelings being that the cap will continue to be inflated up to around 80mil in time for the big contracts in a few years time.

I can't wait for hockey season to start. Last season was a technological breakthru for me (I may be 26 but I suck with technology); gamecentre and a DVI cable means I can actually watch hockey for once instead of just listening to the radio streams.

67 days till my first (and probably last for a long time) live blackhawks game!

2. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    256ß
    Hammer gets locked up for 5 more seasons after this at $4.1 per. Excellent deal that almost makes up for the terrible one we gave Crawford.

3. little bear

little bear Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,112ß
  4. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    957ß

I don't think the Crawford signing is a bad deal yet it is a bit high but other teams have spent a ton of cash on their goaltenders

5. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,259ß
    Those goaltenders might also have a longer track record of sustained success.

But, I am okay with the deal at the moment.

6. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    957ß
    tuukka rask got an 8 year contract.

7. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,259ß
    HAHAHA the dude Crow beat LOL

8. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    256ß
    It's a bad deal. No team with a huge contract goalie has won a single SC in the Salary Cap era, we've won two with two different ones because of the squad we were able to afford in front of them. Salary cap rising assumptions are safe, but need to be tempered, and Corey's new contract would put him in the top 50 of the league if it started today - that's crazy talk.

Point being? Tukka Rask is a younger, better goalie who is already the Bruins MVP despite the fact that he hasn't even entered the typical prime for goalies. Raask is already top 5 goalie in the league at 26, and looks like a safe bet to rise as he enters his prime and guys like Lundqvist, Rinne and 7uongo exit theirs. Having said that, his deal was also stupid. He was an RFA and it cost them two of the best players and leaders in Horton and Ference.

The same dude that almost single-handedly stole the Bruins a Stanley Cup. lulz

I've been one of Corey's few, steady supporters since his time in Norfolk (you know, the team that used to be our A club before "W" flags flooded the UC). I was adamant in saying he was better than his sophomore slump indicated and that he was the right goalie for this squad. I'm glad he's sticking around, but I would have much preferred we let him play out his deal and negotiate from there. It's not like he left any money or years on the table considering he will be 30 next season. This was the anti hometown discount. Moreover, this move brings us into a bad parody, when we were proving to be trend-setting examples of how to compete in the new era.

9. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    957ß
    I would not say Rask is a top 5 goal tender yet until he gets a few more years in the NHL as a starter under his belt either. He had a great year but like the blackhawks he has a huge supporting cast to also help him. People still seem to ride Crawford too much for a guy that help the hawks win the cup. My opinion he was the MVP of the playoffs for the hawks. Other examples of teams signing their goaltenders, Jimmy Howard of the wings got a 6 year deal also for slightly less money.

10. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    120ß
    Price would be another goalie with way worse contract than Crawfords. Crawford is easily better than Howard and Smith too. His contract fits right in.

If you let him walk, who'd start for the Hawks after next sesaon? Unproven Raanta?