2014-2015 Chicago Bulls Thread

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls Forum' started by little bear, May 23, 2014.

1. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +566 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    94ß
    View: http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/11175418/chicago-bulls-trying-add-european-star-nikola-mirotic-roster-according-sources

Bulls trying to add Nikola Mirotic

While they chase Carmelo Anthony and Pau Gasol, the Chicago Bulls may be close to landing what they believe is a major addition to their roster as they work to secure 2011 first-round draft pick Nikola Mirotic, sources told ESPN.com.
    The Bulls traded for Mirotic's rights in 2011 when he was the No. 23 pick in the draft and have watched as he's developed into one of the best forwards in Europe. Known for his shooting touch, the 6-foot-10 Mirotic secured a buyout Thursday for $3 million with Real Madrid, according to several reports in Europe. He is now free to join the NBA.
    Starting the process of bringing Mirotic, 23, over to play now will require the Bulls to make some roster moves. Because he was drafted three years ago, Mirotic is not subject to the rookie salary-cap scale, and the Bulls likely will need to use some of their cap space to contribute to his buyout and sign him to a long-term contract.
    The Bulls can pay up to $600,000 toward Mirotic's buyout, but anything over that amount would be considered a signing bonus and be charged to the Bulls' cap. Such a move would not preclude the Bulls from acquiring Anthony as a free agent, but that route would almost certainly mean they would have to do it with a sign-and-trade using Carlos Boozer. That would require the New York Knicks' cooperation.
    After meeting with five teams this week and getting a verbal five-year, $129 million max contract offer from the Knicks on Thursday, Anthony is expected to decide his future over the weekend, sources told ESPN.com.
    The Bulls' plans to go forward in the process to bring over Mirotic make it clear they will be moving on without Boozer next season. He will be released via the amnesty provision to create cap room or traded.

--------------------
  2. little bear

Ratings:
    +566 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    94ß
    The waiting is the hardest part.

[​IMG]
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,423 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    170ß
    It's Cleveland
  4. little bear

Ratings:
    +566 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    94ß
    Who would have thought that? Cleveland fans must be out of their minds. And Miami is probably going crazy. :D

Apparently Carmelo is still considering Chicago, Forman is looking for a sign-and-trade with a third team to make it happen.
  5. little bear

Ratings:
    +566 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    94ß
    Looks like "experts" Stephen A. SMith and Chris Broussard were right after all. Doesn't happen very often, though.
  6. little bear

Ratings:
    +566 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    94ß
    Carmelo seems to like his dollars and stay in NYC, Gasol closing in on deal with Bulls.

Gasol is just another Boozer. Notgetting Carmelo means no championship again. We need a second scorer, Rose can't do it all by himself and we don't even know if he's gonna be that great again. If we sign Gasol, Carmelo is returning to the Knicks because then we won't have enough money. And Phil Jackson won't do a sign-and-trade, why would he do it anyway?

:badmood:
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  7. little bear

Ratings:
    +566 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    94ß
    Just found that comment on ESPN.

"Ring...ring..."Hello Mello, this is Bulls management again. You see what just happened? Lebron is getting all the attention today with his move back to Cleveland. The only thing that'll top that is you deciding to come to Chicago. You can change the course of basketball history by making the right move today and it'll be breaking news. Plus it'll really show where winning a Championship ranks on your list of priorities and do you really want to be sitting at home next year watching the Finals thinking 'Man! I could be playing in it?'. The time is now. Don't get stuck in NY where you'll end your career with more money but no rings. Go ahead and make that announcement you're coming to Chicago and stop playin' around". Click."
  8. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,613 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    226ß
    Melo is trying to figure a way to get to Chicago. If he wanted NY he would have accepted the max offer they were offering. He is trying to orchestrate a sign and trade so he can get his money and play in Chicago. They already offered it.

His trump card is he can leave the Knicks high and dry with nothing. So if the Knicks were smart they would do the sign and trade, or be left holding an empty bag
  9. little bear

Ratings:
    +566 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    94ß
    Well, representatives for Melo are presently in negotiations on a contract that will bring him back to NYC, sources tell ESPN's Stephen A. Smith. Bulls have been told by Anthony's representatives to move on, the sources said.

That means no Melo, no LeBron, no Love, no Bosh, no Wade, just another Boozer and Rose with a BIG question mark. Fuckin great.

:badmood: :badmood: :badmood:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,423 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    170ß
    while i think gasol is better then boozer he is this years boobie prize. i assume this allows them to get the euro guy...still not enough though
  11. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,613 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    226ß
    Gonna be another long season in basketball hell
  12. little bear

Ratings:
    +566 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    94ß
    Just what we need, a 34-year old on the downside of his career. *sigh*

Melo has been one of my favorite players in the NBA since his Denver days, that's why I really really wanted him here. I'm very disappointed but I don't hate him because it was a hard decision to make. I don't think it was all about the money, I think it had more to do with the personal and family factors involved. So he just felt, "well if I'm staying anyways, let me cash in". Don't underestimate the power of family (especially the wife) when making decisions such as where they are going to live and raise their children. And I bet that bitch had a lot to say and was a big factor in his decision making.

At least this time we can't blame the Bulls' front office for being too cheap and not trying to sign a superstar.

What I actually don't understand is why players keep not wanting to come to Chicago? LBJ, Wade and Bosh in 2010, now Melo. Is it because of the long Chicago winters? We already have a ready-to-win roster, one of the best coaches in the league and the best defense. The only thing we're missing is a true scorer. Now why wouldn't you want to play for the Bulls?! I really don't get it.

Serious question here, with Melo staying in NYC, LBJ going back to CLE and CHI signing Gasol, is there any chance we could still make a push for Kevin Love?

Is there a way the Bulls could make it work by sending next year's two draft picks along with Dunleavy and Snell or would it mean we would have to trade Gibson?
  13. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,613 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    226ß
    Part of it might be the winters... And after last winter it is hard to blame them...... But most of it might be those six trophies and Jordan himself.

Imagine the pressure of a super star walking last that statue everyday. Feeling as though you are being asked to fill his shoes. Those are some big expectations to face, whether real or imaginary
  14. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +892 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    181ß
    I'm thrilled that we didn't get Mello, he isn't a team player at all and would be counter to what Thib's has been building. To me, the best possible signing would be Lance Stephenson. Lunchpail guy who is just beginning to reach his potential.
  15. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,423 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    170ß
    BS, I don't disagree w/your assessment of Melo, but he is what the Bulls needed, a guy that can create his own shot when Rose is being double covered, or James is on him; or more importantly when Rose goes down w/his yearly season ending injury stealing all that much more of the 90 mil the Bulls gave him.

Gasol, McDermott and Mirotic don't have that capability, and it's again why the Bulls will struggle to score and be forced to play their starters WAY to many minutes forcing them to be tired at the end of the season.
  16. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,423 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    170ß
    Btw, Melo officially signed w/the Knicks saying he's a knick at heart. I call BS, he's never taken less then a max deal in his life, he wasn't going to now. Guaranteed if the Heattles stuck together and could havve offered him a max deal, or if chicago could have offered him a max deal he would have taken it in a hearbeat.

it was nor ever has been about winning for him.
  17. little bear

Ratings:
    +566 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    94ß
    Btw, do we really have enough money to pursue Lance Stephenson or Kevin Love or is the Bulls' FA officially over?
  18. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,423 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    170ß
    Bears are signing Metronic(sp). I think they're done. So many 'chips have been won adding 4 white guys to the roster.....sigh....
  19. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +892 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    181ß
    Racism aside...

we shouldn't have pursued Gasol. We had the room to get Stephenson, who could have done good things in Chicago. Melo, despite his me first ability to score, would have been a complete disaster and wouldn't have allowed any other player activity. Melo sucks, if you want to win games. If you want the Bulls to get their 15 seconds of highlights in a losing effort on ESPN, then he would have been perfect.
  20. little bear

Ratings:
    +566 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    94ß
    So that means we don't have any money left? Even with Boozer gone?