2014-2015 Chicago Bulls Thread

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls Forum' started by little bear, May 23, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,977 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    990ß
    The Bulls need to amnesty Boozer just to sign Gasol.

Bearstuff, you just described Rose to a tee. Melo only averages 2 more shots a game then Rose does, and Rose only averages 3 more assists, But melo gets 3 more rebounds on average.

And btw, I'm no fan of Melo, I really didn't want him on the bulls, but the reality is he was the only FA that could create his own shot out there, and that's what the Bulls needed.
  2. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    484ß
    Yes, but Rose is already on the team.......my point is we don't need Rose + Melo. A team can survive one of those types of players, but two (particularly at that kind of money) would kill the team.
  3. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,875 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    858ß
    I would have liked Melo, cause he need a scorer on the team.... but that price tag on top of Rose's would have killed the cap
  4. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,977 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    990ß
    Bulls clearing space, got rid of Anthony Randolf and 2 2nd round picks(how many do they have?) to Orlando for a 29 yr old Serb C in the Euro leagues, a guy never to be seen in the NBA mind you.
  5. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +825 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    729ß
    I think it's odd that Rose and Noah didn't try to restructure their contracts or even take a paycut to help the franchise sign one of the big FAs. People are actually bashing Melo for choosing the biggest contract but Bulls' players didn't help either, unlike Dirk Nowitzki who took a huge paycut to help Mark Cuban fortify the roster.

Rockets and Lakers called with max offers but he rebuffed all outside interest to stay with Dallas. There should be more players like Dirk in professional sports imo. Classy, loyal, unselfish.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  6. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,977 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    990ß
    Difference w/Dirk is he's had a few max contracts, Noah is "only" making 8 mil, and on his 2nd contract, and Rose is making 18 on his 2nd....but he SHOULD have offerered to at least come down 3-4 mil. Neither was going to be able to restructure enough to give Melo a max deal though.
  7. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,875 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    858ß
    I don't think restructuring in allowed
    • Like Like x 1
  8. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,977 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    990ß
    Dirk just did, went from 20 mil to like 8 mil. BUT he's been getting that kind of pay for what seems like a decade, he can afford to do it.
  9. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Veteran

Ratings:
    +275 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    282ß
    McBuckets is lighting it up in the summer league . And I mean from DEEEP . Way down deep ... and he's making it look easy . Think Kukoc only better ( even Birdesque ) . I know it's only summer league , but he'll have as much space in the pros , and being able to shoot is being able to shoot . If Thibs doesn't get this guy a ton of playing time then he's just stupid . You need scoring ? Here's your scoring .
    Better be THE 6th Man.
  10. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,977 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    990ß
    I was talking to a guy at work about this up coming season. Rose needs to try and be more of a double double point guard this year for the season to really work out.

He needs to drive in and if the D crashes on him, he needs to dish out to the open guy like McNuggets or Mitronic(sp), or to Noah/Gasol who can get a quick pass to an open 3 man or to someone else who's crashing in behind Rose.
  11. little bear

Ratings:
    +825 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    729ß
    View: http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/11235816/chicago-bulls-finalizing-deal-aaron-brooks

Bulls to add Aaron Brooks

The Chicago Bulls are finalizing a deal with free-agent guard Aaron Brooks, according to sources close to the talks.
    Sources told ESPN.com that the Bulls are closing in on the addition of Brooks to give them some backcourt scoring punch off the bench.
    Brooks would join former All-Star big man Pau Gasol and Real Madrid star Nikola Mirotic as new additions to the team, along with prized rookie Doug McDermott.
    Brooks, 29, averaged 9.0 points and 3.2 assists per game while splitting last season with the Houston Rockets and Denver Nuggets.

--------------------

I like this signing. They brought in Nate Robinson who lit it up & left for a bigger payday. Brought in Augustin who lit it up & left for a bigger payday. Now bringing in Brooks. Compare the numbers: Brooks averaged 9 points & 3 assists in 21 minutes per game while Augustin had 13 points & 4 assists in 27 minutes so we get nearly identical production for less money.
  12. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +291 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    96ß
    McBuckets is better than Toni??? OMG u Bulls fans have an incredibly short memory, its kind o f sad
  13. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +291 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    96ß
    Thank u! i guess some cant mix NFL and NBA, too much info
  14. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,977 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    990ß
  15. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,875 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    858ß
  16. little bear

Ratings:
    +825 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    729ß
    I wonder what the Bulls would have to give up. Probably next year's two draft picks and two players.

If it's Dunleavy and Snell, do it. According to Chris Broussard, Minnesota would seek a package from the Bulls featuring Gibson and Butler in addition to other assets. If it's true I say hell no!

Who knows, maybe it's just a halfhearted effort to get a dvision rival to overpay for Love.
  17. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    42ß
    I can't wait to see McDermott play in the regular season, if him and Snell plays anywhere near how they played in the summer league the Bulls offensive fire power will be insane (along with Rose, Butler, Hinrich, Noah and Gibson) and the Bulls WILL be the team to stop in the central division. The Bulls will be able to spread the ball around and the floor much more thanks to the big men Gasol and Mirotic giving Noah extra help, also we're gonna see less double teams on Rose, Butler and Hinrich when McDermott and Snell are on the floor with them.

About Kevin Love, I think the Bulls should let it go because he's not worth getting if we have to give Gibson and Butler which takes away from the core of the team....let the cavaliers have him.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  18. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,875 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    858ß
    New rumor... McDermit, Taj and nikola-mirotic for Love

Not sure I would do that
  19. little bear

Ratings:
    +825 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    729ß
    I wouldn't do it either. They can have Dunleavy, Snell and Bairstow and a couple of draft picks. But I wouldn't trade one of the starting five.
  20. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,977 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    990ß
    I'd do that in a heartbeat! a 29yr old backup, and two "?"'s w/potential for a top 10-20 player? Hell yes please!!!