2014-2015 Chicago Bulls Thread

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls Forum' started by little bear, May 23, 2014.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,894 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    904ß
    I agree that's a great deal for the Bulls, but that kills their bench and depth.
  2. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +848 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    772ß
    If it's Gibson and Mirotic for Love, I'd do it. But McDermott has shown great potential in the summer league and would hate to see him go. I think he could be even better than Hinrich or Korver.

Love is worth two and a pick. Not all three. But then again, the Bulls finally got a deep team again and Rose appears to be healthy. Mirotic has the potential to be a KLove type of player in 2 yrs or so and won't cost a max salary as Love would and that would seriously hamper future rosters.

Whatcha think?
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  3. menacemanic

menacemanic Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    ß
    I am very excited to see the bulls..with all of new additions hopefuly thib can reduce mins of our starters.......
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,000 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,027ß
    summer league means jack squat. Love is worth those 3 and a pick. But it's not going to matter, from the sounds of it, Love stated he wants to be traded to Cleveland, that's going to create issues, but no way would any other team give up what they would need to get him if he's not willing to do a sign and trade.
  5. little bear

Ratings:
    +848 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    772ß
    View: http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/11293559/derrick-rose-acknowledges-tensions-bulls-inner-circle

Rose acknowledges tension with Bulls, circle

LAS VEGAS -- Chicago Bulls star Derrick Rose acknowledged Thursday that there is lingering tension between some members of his inner-circle and members of the team's organization.
    "I know it's been there,'' Rose told the Chicago Sun-Times. "I heard there were some upset people. I'm happy I didn't personally see it. I don't want to see that. I kind of wonder where it was coming from because it seemed like whenever I was around, everything was all right. It bothered me because when I wasn't around, I would hear from certain people that everything wasn't all right.''
    The tension Rose discussed has been widely speculated upon over the years, especially after the former MVP's recent injury woes. Bulls executive vice president John Paxson tried to allay those concerns during an appearance on ESPN 1000's "Waddle and Silvy Show" on Thursday.
    "I know I personally talk to Derrick," Paxson said. "I don't talk to people in his so called 'camp.' I don't even know who that [is]."
    While there's no clear-cut start as to where the bad blood began, there are plenty of clues as to why things got so bad. B.J. Armstrong, one of Rose's agents, is believed to have some lingering harsh feelings at the way his relationship with the organization ended. In more recent developments, Rose's brother, Reggie, expressed his disappointment with the fact the Bulls had not surrounded his brother with more talent and didn't make any big moves at the 2013 deadline.
    "It's frustrating to see my brother play his heart and soul out for the team and them not put anything around him," Reggie Rose told ESPNChicago.com at the time.
    When Derrick Rose didn't return to play during the 2012-13 season as he recovered from a torn ACL in his left knee, the organization supported him publicly. But many privately questioned why he wasn't on the floor after being medically cleared by team doctors.
    The tension grew even deeper last season after Rose tore the meniscus in his right knee and missed the rest of the year after playing in just 10 games. What exacerbated things between the organization and Rose's inner circle in recent weeks, sources told the Sun-Times, is the fact that the 25-year-old didn't take a more active approach in the free-agent recruiting process, especially with Carmelo Anthony. Rose acknowledged on Monday that he had spoken to Anthony, but there were many within the organization that wished he had done more.
    Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdorf refuted the report Thursday.
    "I am confounded by the irresponsible report in the Chicago Sun-Times suggesting there is anything approaching discord or confusion between the Bulls executive office, coaching staff, and Derrick Rose or any other Bulls player," he said in a statement. "To the contrary, I can remember no time when the organization has been any more focused, optimistic, and cohesive. I've got to assume suggestions otherwise are intended to undermine the goals and objectives, spirit, and reputation of the Chicago Bulls. I am deeply disappointed that unnamed sources and totally inaccurate statements and assumptions can be used to foment nonexistent friction. The report is totally without basis or fact. It is pure malicious fiction."
    Paxson, meanwhile, tried to put the latest uproar regarding Rose to rest.
    "Every player's different," Paxson said. "And Derrick did his part at the end of the day. He talked to all the players that we were interested in. The sad thing is that so much of what was reported and put out there, it was contradictory. One day Derrick's not participating, the next day he is, there's never anyone who attaches a name to any of the information. It's just all out there as fact. For you guys in the [sports radio] business maybe it's healthy because you have a lot of things to talk about, but for us all it does is muddy the waters. We get criticized all the time because we're not addressing all these things that are out there, well most of the time there's no truth to them."
    Rose's acknowledgment of the ongoing issues behind the scenes put somewhat of a damper on all the good feelings coming from his time at Team USA's camp. Players and coaches have been raving about his play heading into Friday's scrimmage, with many believing he can come back to playing at the same MVP level he was at before the first knee injury. Rose is clearly trying to focus on the present instead of looking back on what's happened in the past.
    "It seems like everybody has one goal, from the front office all the way down now,'' Rose told the Sun-Times. "It seems like everyone is finally communicating with each other. That's all we need. You think about all the championship teams, they say that communication and one goal is usually the recipe. You take away all the other [stuff] and just make it simple.
    "This is a new beginning for everybody. We've got a new practice facility, a new year where I'm coming back, and we have some great talent. It's time to turn the page and move in a positive direction.''
    That seemed to be Paxson's approach, as well.
    "My relationship with Derrick and Gar's relationship with Derrick, I've never considered it to have any issues," Paxson said. "I always worry about, there's always people with agendas out there, that are not favorable to the team and sometimes not favorable to that individual player, Derrick in this case. There's a lot of people that attach themselves to certain players -- and look, our only goal is try and win. And we've always respected Derrick as a person from the day we drafted him.
    "We've done nothing but respect and support him from the very beginning. So the only tension I would ever care about is if there was tension between myself Gar or Tom and Derrick. If there's any other tension it's certainly not coming from us and I've never felt that it's had to be addressed, if I did, it would be addressed. But I've never felt it's had to be addressed because every time I've ever sat down with Derrick Rose he knows where I'm coming from and I think I know where he's coming from."

--------------------
  6. 4th and 26

4th and 26 George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 3 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    305ß
    How many game will Rose play this year before going on IR? I say 25 games.
  7. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    He'll blow a knee playing for Team USA and rule out the 2014-15 season as well.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,000 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,027ß
    .015 shot he plays 90% of the games this year.
  9. little bear

Ratings:
    +848 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    772ß
    Wolves and Cavs agree to Love trade, no surprise here. Another big three that poses big hurdle for the Bulls. :/

Well, as long as Rose can stay healthy...
  10. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,000 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,027ß
    Rose and Healthy in the same sentence w/out the words "is not" is a lie.
  11. little bear

Ratings:
    +848 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    772ß
    http://fansided.com/2014/08/07/chicago-bulls-expected-play-doug-mcdermott-lot/

Chicago Bulls expected to play Doug McDermott ‘a lot’

Coming into the 2014 NBA Draft, the Chicago Bulls had their eyes set on Doug McDermott. They did everything they could to acquire the sharp shooter and their wish eventually came true. Now with ‘McBuckets’ on the roster, it’s expected that McDermott is going to playing quite often.
    In the past we haven’t seen the current Chicago Bulls regime play rookies that often but Doug McDermott is cut from a different cloth. He’s not your typical rookie who will make mistake after mistake, take bad shot after bad shot. He’s polished in a way that most collegiate players aren’t. He’s a strong shooter, a transition many college players struggle with. Simply put, the guy can score at whatever level he’s playing at and that’s something the Chicago Bulls are aware of. That’s why they were so determined to add him to their roster.
    The question has already been raised regarding the potential status of Doug McDermott – will he come off the bench or will he start? We don’t have an answer to that question just yet, but regardless Basketball Insiders believes he’s going to get a lot of playing time no matter what.

The Bulls talk about McDermott like he was hand-crafted by God to play for them, so I think he’ll see a lot of floor time, and based on what I’ve seen so far and know about the kid, I think he’ll do plenty with his time on the floor.
    With a roster that’s seemingly built around the skills of Doug McDermott, it seems like the rookie will be in a perfect scenario this season to thrive.

--------------------
  12. little bear

Ratings:
    +848 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    772ß
    http://pippenainteasy.com/2014/08/21/chicago-bulls-rumors-leandro-barbosa-need/

Chicago Bulls Rumors: Leandro Barbosa…Do We Need Him?

Another day, another round of Chicago Bulls rumors floating around. I have a question. Does every NBA free agent like to use the Chicago Bulls to get their name in the paper? Just sayin.
    Well Pippen Peoples, we are at it again. Pippen Ain’t Easy is back once again to break down yet another one of the millions…and millions of Chicago Bulls rumors concerning the thirteenth and final roster spot. Staff writer extraordinaire Michael Rosenfeld reported earlier that the Chicago Bulls have some interest in Leandro Barbosa. Barbosa who is on his last leg of his 11 year career, is using his exploits in the FIBA World Cup to get some exposure to the NBA teams.
    Boy was that obvious. Anyone who saw the whole game (if you did, you must be starved for basketball) you would have heard the announcers mention Barbosa and the comeback attempt to the NBA starting with the FIBA World Cup. Over and over again. I’ll give Barbosa’s representatives credit. They have a hustler’s mentality. Nobody can be mad at that. Get that money!
    After watching Leandro Barbosa play on Saturday night against the USA in an exhibition game in Chicago, does Barbosa deserve to be in one of the circulating Chicago Bulls rumors?
    Are you nuts?
    The only thing that Leandro Barbosa showed was good representation with a good networking scheme can actually work. I would actually like to ask Brazilian entrepreneurs, Jeff Schwartz and Sam Goldfeder to help me with my future endeavors. Think about it Pippen Peoples, these guys can get a conversation out of Tom Thibodeau for a guy who has been decimated by injuries as of late and played only 20 games last season with the Phoenix Suns. Come to think of it, if Eric Bledsoe wasn’t out with an injury he might not have played at all. All these rumors means that these guys work hard for their clients.
    Don’t let that line of 13 points, four rebounds, four assists and two steals fool you. That doesn’t mean that he played well. I think it was a testament to the sloppy play in the USA backcourt.
    This is nothing major on this night. It just looked like a team that is in a state of transition with the gruesome injury to Paul George and the sudden leave of absence taken by Kevin Durant. The team looked inconsistent and out of sync most of the night being plagued by turnovers.
    Stephen Curry, who happens to be my favorite player looked like he was disinterested after a hot start in the first quarter.
    Derrick Rose looked was coasting throughout the first half which included a missed dunk and some bad passes. He did do a nice move to the basket in the third quarter and finished with seven points. Now it looks like sore knees could have been a problem. If you are a Bulls fan, it looks like Rose is getting ready for the season and saving those knees. He had a DNP against the Dominican Republic after not practicing for two days.
    The thing we need to know about Leandro Barbosa is this. When Barbosa was at his best, he was playing in a system in Phoenix called seven seconds or less headed up by Mike D’Antoni. From 2005-2009, Barbosa averaged double figures in scoring and was known as the “Brazilian Blur”. I will say this. Before he blew out his ACL, I believe Barbosa was fast enough to keep up with Derrick Rose. I would still say Derrick Rose is the fastest with a basketball in the NBA, but this dude would finish second.
    But that’s where it stops. Remember Barbosa was successful under a coach who thinks defense is another word for a gate that you put around a building. There is no way that Barbosa is going to fit in on a Chicago Bulls team that spells defense with an “S”. No way in the world. Did you see him run the offense on Saturday? I didn’t either, enough said.
    Plus, it looks like Leandro Barbosa used the blueprint all NBA players use to spark interest from another team. Mention the Chicago Bulls and wait. The Miami Heat reportedly seem to be closer to signing Barbosa than the Bulls.
    Trust me. It’s a good thing.

--------------------
  13. little bear

Ratings:
    +848 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    772ß
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/11489615/chicago-bulls-reach-representatives-ray-allen

Bulls reach out to Ray Allen's reps

The Chicago Bulls have touched base with the representatives of veteran shooting guard Ray Allen, a league source confirmed Monday.
    The Bulls are one of several teams interested in Allen. The Bulls have had an active offseason, adding free agents Pau Gasol and Aaron Brooks, rookie Doug McDermott and European star Nikola Mirotic. On paper, they have one of the deepest teams in the league and fully expect to contend for a championship behind Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah -- a fact they'll surely sell to Allen's reps.
    Another key selling point for the Bulls is Allen's relationship with coach Tom Thibodeau. Allen won a championship with the Boston Celtics in 2008 while Thibodeau was an assistant on Doc Rivers' staff.
    Allen would give the Bulls another long-range shooter to go along with McDermott and veteran Mike Dunleavy. News of the Bulls' interest was earlier reported on the team's website.

--------------------
  14. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,894 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    904ß
    Great. Another old man to go with Gasol
  15. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,894 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    904ß
    Great. Another old man to go with Gasol
  16. little bear

Ratings:
    +848 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    772ß
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...st-side-practice-facility-20140912-story.html

Bulls open West Side practice facility

The Bulls formally returned their practices to Chicago on Friday with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at their new training facility in the shadow of the United Center.
    The move to the Advocate Center comes as the Madison Street corridor west of downtown continues its gentrification. It also reflects the desire of many players to live in Chicago and have easy commutes to practices and home games, top Bulls basketball executive John Paxson said.
    “Our guys, the majority of our guys, have been living in the city the past several years, making the trek up north for practice,” Paxson said, a reference to the Berto Center in Deerfield where the team had practiced since 1992. “So the proximity of this is a really good thing.”
    Paxson said he’s not worried about players getting in trouble thanks to easy access to West Loop bars and clubs and more time on their hands because of shorter drives back and forth in their cars.
    “Players, if they want, can find distractions anywhere,” he said. “We value character in terms of our players. Guys who are going to get in trouble are going to get in trouble. But we think our guys are smart enough to know better.”
    Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf said he thought the team would stay in the North Shore when it decided to build a new practice facility until Mayor Rahm Emanuel leaned on him to come back into the city.
    “We had a new mayor at that time, and he suggested rather strongly that the Chicago Bulls ought to be in Chicago, so it seemed to make sense,” Reinsdorf said as Emanuel looked on at the ceremony.
    The move near the United Center comes as professional sports teams have started looking to create immersive environments for fans around stadiums, with team-controlled restaurants and bars for people attending events to spend their money.
    The Cardinals, for instance, recently added a complex called Ballpark Village near the team’s baseball stadium.

upload_2014-9-14_12-15-9.png

--------------------