2014 FIFA World Cup

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by little bear, Jun 11, 2014.

1. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,746 / 2 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,745ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    And again, a soccer game got screwed by the refs. Call me a sore loser if you want to, but 5 minutes of additional time were totally unnecessary. 3-4 minutes would have been just fine. US deserved to win this game, they fought like animals till the bitter end and pulled off an incredible comeback.

I'm still pissed because that draw feels like a loss to me. I don't wanna sound too pessimistic but I don't see the Yanks winning next game against Germany. And a draw seems unlikely as well.

:badmood:

2. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,746 / 2 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,745ß
    They just need one point against Germany to qualify for the round of 16. Sounds easy, but it's really not.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wolfman

Wolfman Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,867 / 10 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    178ß
    Things aren’t that bad…

If we straight up beat Germany OR draw, we move on…

If we lose, and If Ghana and Portugal draw, we move on…

If we lose, and If Ghana or Portugal wins, goal differential comes into play…we have the advantage against both…Ghana is two goals down, while Portugal is down 4…we are probably better off with a Portugal win, since they have the biggest hill to climb…

4. Wolfman

Ratings:
    +1,867 / 10 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    178ß
    Ok, let get all the negativity and pessimism out of our systems...yeah, that last second goal was like a dagger to the heart....BUT we are still very much alive and not at all in a bad position...going into the last day of pool play we are still in it...there are lots of teams, including Spain and England, that are DONE...

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, gave us chance to win a game, no less, be in a position to get out of the "pool of death"...

Still Alive in soccer is ALWAYS a GREAT day!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,157 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,528ß
    I think the team is going to really struggle against Germany, really need for Port/Gahna to tie or hope for Port to play w/some pride and win a game w/2-3 goals.

The pool of death is a good point, the US wasn't expected to win a game and would have been considered a victory to get a tie(w/Gahna). So this has been a good WC; if the US doesn't win the group they face Belgium though, and you are really just first losers at that point b/c they are going to wipe the US.

6. Wolfman

Ratings:
    +1,867 / 10 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    178ß
    Needing a win, yes...needing only to tie...things look much better...we can "park the bus" (play defensively) from the start and make it very difficult for Germany to score...

Port WILL come out swinging...they are not mathematically eliminated...however, they have to win and will need to score boatload of goals...CR7 has let to score this WC...he will be looking to do so...

Our changes are not as dire as you think....

First losers?.../shakes head and walks away....

7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,157 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,528ß
    I don't see anyone from this group beating Belgium, maybe Germany but they won't see them in the next round. It's not a US is bad so much as Belgium is that good.

8. Wolfman

Ratings:
    +1,867 / 10 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    178ß
    Yes, Belgium is very good (and very young)...but that doesn't make us or anyone 1st losers.. making it out of your pool is a big deal and accomplishment...

9. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,157 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,528ß
    for the US ya it's an accomplishment, but like in any tourney just getting there shouldn't and really isn't enough.

10. Wolfman

Ratings:
    +1,867 / 10 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    178ß
    I don't know if I use to think that way or not, but after following soccer for a few years now, all I can do is laugh at such comments...