2014 FIFA World Cup

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by little bear, Jun 11, 2014.

1. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +164 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    68ß
    And that is how you play football! Onwards to the finale! Please win it!
  2. Loki

Loki Assault Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +3,737 / 17 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    825ß
    Good lord, Brazil got curbstomped.
  3. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +992 / 1 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,141ß
    Unbelievable!

I've never seen a German team play like that. Total domination, total humiliation. I really like how the head coach Jogi Loew has turned this team into a contender. And the goalkeeper Neuer is extraordinary. I'm happy for them.
  4. Wolfman

Wolfman Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,867 / 10 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    178ß
    Picking Germany to do well in the WC is like picking the Patriots do well in the NFL...you are hardly going out on a limb...

There isn't a single person who said the #2 rated national team (Germany) was a long shot.... even A_mil, in not thinking they were all that good, still said he thought they could go very far in the WC....actually, Germany has done exactly what A_mil thought they could/might do...step up big time ("transform" in his words)...they seem to be doing just that....not even the most diehard German fan can honestly say they foresaw the way they played against Brazil yesterday...you probably did, you know, because you're such an expert and all...
  5. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +164 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    68ß
    Joachim Löw has done well every since he took over the team. In the last couple of World Cups and Europe Cups it has ALWAYS been so close yet so far for Germany. I truely hope they will win it this time. Would be such a great achivement to end Klose's career.

Neuer is just a beast, worlds best keeper and been for a while imo but I might be a bit colored since he is a Bayern player after all.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Loki

Loki Assault Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +3,737 / 17 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    825ß
  7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,628 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,830ß
    except that A-Mil said they were not beasts and were not favorites to do anything.....hey way to double talk for him to cover himself, but sorry that doesn't work it cannot be they aren't beast's, aren't favored to do anything, AND they could do it. one or the other, since he was telling me how wrong I was, and said no one he knew considered them favorites, I'm taking the credit...and no it's not like the Pat's doing well in the NFL, it's like picking a team that isn't very good, at something, EXCEPT for when they walk into the Olympics....but I cannot possibly think of someone like that b/c it just doesn't happen.
  8. Wolfman

Ratings:
    +1,867 / 10 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    178ß
    I am not going to speak for A_mil, other to say, I understood what he originally said, and that I generally agreed...Germany was certainly in the top 10 favorites coming into this WC (somewhere between 3rd-5th on most lists), which says both a lot and nothing...it's fucking Germany; they are always relatively good...however, their lineup was not all that awe inspiring compared to a Brazil or Spain...Germany is playing, right now, as a team, in the eyes of many, well above expectations...

You seem to believe not thinking them being sick nor beasts is the same as not thinking them very good...it's Germany, it's the WC; the default/starting point is very good....
  9. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,628 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,830ß
    So if that's the default, and going back to the , albiet not good, comparisson of NE, then that pretty much makes them sick and beastly. If your team is automatically considered a top 5 team in the WC, that's an impressive strength of feet.

[​IMG]
  10. Wolfman

Ratings:
    +1,867 / 10 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    178ß
    Tell that to Spain...tell that to Brazil...

Maybe as a 40-something I fail to grasp the nuance of sick and beastly.....and I certainly failed to see where anyone, including A-mil, said Germany sucked or was terrible...in fact, said he thought they could go far in the WC, just for different reasons then being all sickly and beastly...

If you definition of sick and beastly is being ranked in the top 5, fair enough...although 2 of them didn't even make it out of pool play, including the #1....
  11. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,628 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,830ß
    A Mil said no one he knew thought they'd go far, then in the same breath said they could, he merely tried to cover his bases.

As for sick and beastly, they just won the whole damn thing. Spain was old, and no one I talk to at work that has followed it expected them to go far, Brazil didn't go farther b/c they lost key players due to injury.
  12. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,717 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,076ß
    Looks like Gotze scored twice:

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Wolfman

Ratings:
    +1,867 / 10 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    178ß
    Argentina is older…oldest team this WC…they went much father then I expected, although I don’t work with you, so what the fuck to I know…

Brazil didn’t go far because they got completely exposed defensively…Mr. Key Injury Jr. wouldn’t have changed that much if at all…
  14. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +3,628 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,830ß
    You've been watching soccer for what, 1yr? Couple guys I work with have been watching their entire lives, I take everything they say about Euro, US and WC soccer and weight it very highly; primarily the one guy who's been talking about it since I started working there.
  15. Wolfman

Ratings:
    +1,867 / 10 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    178ß
    Little more than that...It's hard to argue with someone second hand, not that that I even feel I am...but IF you friend honestly called Spain not making it out of Group, I tip my hat to him...as for Brazil, Silva's absence (on yellows) had far more impact than Neymar's injury...
  16. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +796 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    442ß
    He better score several more times with this one....
  17. Wolfman

Ratings:
    +1,867 / 10 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    178ß
    I'd hat trick that every night....
    • Like Like x 2
  18. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +992 / 1 / -3