2014 Player Injury Report

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Ski-Whiz, Aug 9, 2014.

1. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    174ß
    I just looked up Miller's injury history and it isn't pretty.

Zach Miller injury history

YearWeekNFL TeamInjury StatusInjury
    20095Oakland RaidersQuestionableconcussion
    200915Oakland RaidersQuestionableconcussion
    200916Oakland RaidersQuestionableconcussion
    20104Oakland RaidersProbablehip
    20105Oakland RaidersProbablehip
    20108Oakland RaidersQuestionablefoot
    20109Oakland RaidersDoubtfulfoot
    201011Oakland RaidersQuestionablefoot
    201012Oakland RaidersQuestionablefoot
    201013Oakland RaidersQuestionablefoot/fibula
    201014Oakland RaidersProbablefoot
    201015Oakland RaidersProbablefoot
    201016Oakland RaidersProbablefoot
    201017Oakland RaidersProbablefoot
    20115Seattle SeahawksProbableknee
    20117Seattle SeahawksOuthead/neck
    20118Seattle SeahawksProbablehead/neck
    20122Seattle SeahawksQuestionablefoot
    20123Seattle SeahawksProbablefoot
    20135Seattle SeahawksQuestionablehamstring
    20136Seattle SeahawksQuestionablehamstring
    20137Seattle SeahawksProbablehamstring
    201315Seattle SeahawksProbableribs
    201316Seattle SeahawksProbablerib

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/16141/nfl/injury_history/zach-miller#ixzz3AYrlX4zq
  2. MikeV

MikeV Rookie

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    36ß
    Wrong Zack Miller
  3. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    174ß
    Oops! My bad.

Zachary Miller injury history

Select Years All years 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004

YearWeekNFL TeamInjury StatusInjury
    20091Jacksonville JaguarsOutknee
    20092Jacksonville JaguarsOutknee
    200915Jacksonville JaguarsProbableshoulder
    201014Jacksonville JaguarsProbableankle
    201015Jacksonville JaguarsProbableankle
    201017Jacksonville JaguarsOutconcussion
    20111Jacksonville JaguarsQuestionableknee
    20115Jacksonville JaguarsDoubtfulshoulder
    20116Jacksonville JaguarsProbableshoulder
    20117Jacksonville JaguarsIRshoulder
    20118Jacksonville JaguarsIRshoulder
    20119Jacksonville JaguarsIRshoulder
    201110Jacksonville JaguarsIRshoulder
    201111Jacksonville JaguarsIRshoulder
    201112Jacksonville JaguarsIRshoulder
    201113Jacksonville JaguarsIRshoulder
    201114Jacksonville JaguarsIRshoulder
    201115Jacksonville JaguarsIRshoulder
    201116Jacksonville JaguarsIRshoulder
    201117Jacksonville JaguarsIRshoulder
    201118Jacksonville JaguarsIRshoulder
    201119Jacksonville JaguarsIRshoulder
    201120Jacksonville JaguarsIRshoulder
    201121Jacksonville JaguarsIRshoulder
    20141Chicago BearsIRfoot
    20142Chicago BearsIRfoot
    20143Chicago BearsIRfoot
    20144Chicago BearsIRfoot
    20145Chicago BearsIRfoot
    20146Chicago BearsIRfoot
    20147Chicago BearsIRfoot
    20148Chicago BearsIRfoot
    20149Chicago BearsIRfoot
    201410Chicago BearsIRfoot
    201411Chicago BearsIRfoot
    201412Chicago BearsIRfoot
    201413Chicago BearsIRfoot
    201414Chicago BearsIRfoot
    201415Chicago BearsIRfoot
    201416Chicago BearsIRfoot
    201417Chicago BearsIRfoot
    201418Chicago BearsIRfoot
    201419Chicago BearsIRfoot
    201420Chicago BearsIRfoot
    201421Chicago BearsIRfoot

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/21155/nfl/injury_history/zachary-miller#ixzz3AZ5xNOAh
  4. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +985 / 1 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,128ß
    According to Wikipedia Santonio Holmes was lost for the remainder of the 2012 season after sustaining a severe Lisfranc foot injury in Week 4 and was eventually placed on injured reserve. Holmes' rehabilitation from foot surgery continued into training camp and the preseason. Holmes was removed from the active/physically unable to perform list and moved to the active roster on August 23, 2013.

Zach Miller is done for the year, no way he's coming back this season.
  5. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,227 / 3 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    602ß
    Not convicting the guy without evidence, but ligament injuries are pretty common amongst folks who have used HGH. A friend of mine who teaches sports medicine has a theory that HGH is at least partially to blame for the relative rash of ligament injuries in the last 10-15 years.
  6. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +712 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    427ß
    It makes sense because you are adding more muscle mass creating more pull which could lead to strains or tears of the ligaments. Ligaments can't be made stronger by any means such as meds or exercise other than reefing type procedures.
  7. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Bears WR Marquess Wilson to be out until midseason

By John Boarman on August 18, 2014@johnboarman
    [​IMG]
    Chicago Bears wide receiver Marquess Wilson is expected to miss at least half the regular season due to his broken right collarbone.

According to a USA Today report, Wilson broke his collarbone in three seperate places. He is expected to miss 12-14 weeks and should start the season on the injured reserve/designated to return list.

After Wilson went down with his injury the Bears quickly signed free agent Santonio Holmes to a contract. Holmes should have no problem claiming the No. 3 job until Wilson returns.

Holmes had just 43 catches for 738 yards and two touchdowns in 15 games over the past two seasons while dealing with injuries.
  8. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Jordan Mills sheds boot, won’t play vs. Seattle

BY ADAM L. JAHNS Staff Reporter August 18, 2014 9:06PM

Bears Beat: Santonio Holmes is here!
    Bears Beat: Santonio Holmes is here!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Related Stories

Updated: August 19, 2014 2:22AM

Starting right tackle Jordan Mills has missed two preseason games and several practices, but he’s no longer wearing a walking boot on his left foot.

“It’s good news I’m out of the boot,” Mills said Monday after missing another practice. Mills, in his second season, said it would be beneficial to play in a preseason game but indicated that he wouldn’t play Friday against the Seattle Seahawks.

“My foot is doing great,” he said. “I’m taking it day by day. I should be back soon, hopefully next week.”

Mills underwent surgery in January to repair a fractured metatarsal. The Bears have been cautious with him since organized team activities.

“There was a little soreness when I hurt it two weeks ago,” Mills said. “But we’re just being careful. That’s why they put me in the boot, just to be cautious.

“I’m a 318-pound man applying force to it every day, so I’ve got to take it easy.”

Conte eager to play;

After hoping to play last week against the Jacksonville Jaguars, safety Chris Conte said he’s set to play in his first game since he had surgery on his right shoulder. “I don’t know where I’m going to be playing at or what,” Conte said, “but I’m going to be playing in some capacity.”

Sitting out;
    Linebacker Lance Briggs is considered day-to-day after sitting out practice with a bruised knee. Cornerback Kyle Fuller, as expected, missed practice with the right ankle injury that forced him out of Thursday’s exhibition.

Offensive linemen Eben Britton (hamstring) and Brian de la Puente (sprained MCL) and defensive back Isaiah Frey (hamstring) remain out.

Coming back;
    Chris Williams (hamstring) returned to practice, and special-teams coordinator Joe DeCamillis said he’s a candidate at returner, especially with Eric Weems gone. But Micheal Spurlock is “really the first one at bat right now” at returner, DeCamillis said.

Defensive end Willie Young (bruised knee) returned to practice after missing the exhibition against the Jaguars.

More moves;
    The Bears signed returner Darius Reynaud and cornerback Peyton Thompson to one-year contracts and cut long snapper Chad Rempel and punter Tress Way.

Contributing: Patrick Finley
    Email: ajahns@suntimes.com
    Twitter: @adamjahns
  9. MikeV

MikeV Rookie

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    36ß
    Concussion for Conte, hamstring for Fiametta, head cuts for Mundy, Reynaud and Ego...hopefully the cuts and concussion aren't bad, the hamstring is so fickle you just never know when Fiametta might be ready, might have to look elsewhere if it's bad...maybe Cleveland let's is get our hands on Marquise Gray (trade or waiver claim) if Fia is bad
  10. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    I can see this hasn't been update for a bit so here's this weeks pre-Jets game report.

Seven players sit out Thursday practice

September, 18, 2014
    Sep 18
    3:16
    PM ET
    By Jeff Dickerson | ESPNChicago.com
    LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- The Chicago Bears held seven players out of Thursday’s practice in advance of Monday’s night road game versus the New York Jets: center Roberto Garza (ankle), left guard Matt Slauson (ankle), cornerback Sherrick McManis (quad), defensive end Trevor Scott (foot), defensive tackle Jeremiah Ratliff (concussion), wide receiver Brandon Marshall (ankle) and defensive end Jared Allen (back).

Get the latest NFL injury news

[​IMG]Who's out? Who's good to go? Who's questionable? We've got all the latest injury news from around the NFL. Injury Wire

The Bears still have two more days of practice before the team departs for the New York/New Jersey area on Sunday afternoon.

In more encouraging news, safety Chris Conte practiced on a limited basis on Thursday after being forced to leave the 49ers game early because of a shoulder injury. Conte is tied for the team lead with two interceptions over the first two weeks of the regular season.

The Bears also listed wide receiver Alshon Jeffery (hamstring) as having limited participation. Jeffery was a game-time decision in Week 2 but still managed to have three catches for 47 yards. The Bears admitted afterwards that Jeffery played at less than full strength.

Linebacker Shea McClellin (limited) is dealing with a hand injury. (I hear he bits his nails)

Wide receiver Josh Morgan practiced without restrictions on Thursday after a groin injury sidelined him for the 49ers game.
  11. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Some good new here although it would also be nice to hear some encouraging news on Ratliff, Scott and McManis. We need Ratliff to contain the Jets run game.

I wouldn't worry about Marshall or Allen. They'll play.

For those of you who were thinking de la Puente should be starting in place of Garza you're not only getting your wish but Garza may have a tough time getting his job back. DLP ranked as the top NFL OC in the Bills game and ranked second best in the SF game. Gonna be tough to move him out if he keeps playing like that. Ola has done a decent job subbing for Slauson as well.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +919 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,081ß
    Shea McClellin Injury: Updates on Bears LB's Hand and Return

By Nate Loop, Featured Columnist
    Sep 20, 2014
    [​IMG]

Uncredited/Associated Press
    Reads
    Comments
    The Chicago Bears injury woes continue, as linebacker Shea McClellin reportedly suffered a hand injury during practice on Saturday.
    According to the Chicago Sun-Times' Adam L. Jahns, McClellin won't be suiting up to play in Week 3 against the New York Jets after breaking his right hand.
    WGN Radio's Adam Hoge provided a quote from McClellin on the injury:

Shea McClellin has a broken hand. Said he heard “cracking.” When asked if he needs surgery, said: “I’m not sure. We’ll see.” #Bears
    — Adam Hoge (@AdamHoge) September 20, 2014

The ranks are quickly thinning in the Chicago Bears defense due to a recent spate of injuries. Jeremiah Ratliff suffered a concussion against the San Francisco 49ers in Week 2, while safety Chris Conte has been limited in practice with an injured shoulder, per the team's website.
  13. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Sick bay: Shea McClellin ruled out for Bears-Packers showdown

September 24, 2014, 4:30 pm

[​IMG]
    Shea McClellin had his best game as a pro in the Bears’ first game against the Green Bay Packers last year. He sacked Aaron Rodgers in the first quarter, a takedown that resulted in a shoulder injury that kept Rodgers out for five games, and added two other sacks of Packers quarterbacks.

But McClellin, developing into a factor in the Bears’ base 4-3 scheme as a strong-side linebacker this year, will miss Sunday's contest against Green Bay because of a broken hand suffered last week in practice and which knocked him out of the New York Jets game.

[MORE BEARS: Bears getting respect in NFC Player of the Week honors]
    “Right now,” said coach Marc Trestman, “he’s not practicing obviously this week and he’ll be week to week.”

Jon Bostic delivered his own career-best game filling in for McClellin last Monday, with 13 tackles and two passes defensed, will start against the Packers. The situation resulted in Bostic staying on the field for every Jets snap (74) because of his normal nickel duties, along with Lance Briggs.

[MORE BEARS: Bears, Forte run game struggles neither unique nor concerning]
    The Bears had an extended walk-through but no formal practice on Wednesday. Also not practicing along with McClellin: offensive linemen Roberto Garza and Matt Slauson (ankles); receiver Brandon Marshall (ankle); defensive linemen Jared Allen (illness) and Jeremiah Ratliff (concussion); cornerback Sherrick McManis (quad); and fullback Tony Fiammetta (hamstring).

Safeties Chris Conte and Ryan Mundy were listed as limited in the Bears’ theoretical practice.
  14. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +985 / 1 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,128ß
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/stor...ussion-protocol-prior-returning-game-one-play

Conte re-entered with concussion

LAKE FOREST, Ill. - Chicago Bears coach Marc Trestman said safety Chris Conte went through the sideline concussion protocol and had no lingering signs prior to re-entering Sunday's game against Carolina.
    Conte, however, left the game just one play after re-entering and was ultimately diagnosed with a concussion -- his second documented one of the season -- in the locker room.
    He exited the game with approximately 5:30 left in the first quarter after he attempted to tackle Panthers receiver Kelvin Benjamin following a 20-yard completion.
    However, after being examined by the club's medical staff and the independent doctor assigned to the Bears sideline, Conte re-entered the game for one play on the next defensive series. He left the game for good at the 4:25 mark and headed back to the locker room.
    "You do have concerns when Chris has a history," Trestman said. "Certainly that's relevant. When we put him back in the game, he had no lingering signs at all. He went through all the sideline protocol and went back out there, and then he came back out obviously because he did have some. So we're hoping for the best."
    Trestman was unsure who made the final call to remove Conte from the game.
    "That I can't answer," Trestman said. "I know that he came out of the game. He was clearly checked out. I asked to make sure that he was cleared convincingly and he went back in.
    "... I wish I could answer that. I can't. Probably, I would assume that (Conte) did because we couldn't see the symptoms, obviously. So I would say that he did."
    After missing the entire offseason program because of shoulder surgery, Conte was diagnosed with a concussion in a preseason game in Seattle on Aug. 22. The safety returned in time to start the regular season, but failed to finish games in Weeks 2 and 3 because of shoulder-related issues."

--------------------
  15. joneuu

joneuu Guest

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    33ß
  16. joneuu

joneuu Guest

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    33ß
  17. joneuu

joneuu Guest

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    33ß
  18. joneuu

joneuu Guest

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    33ß
    watch [[[[[Live]]]]] Green Bay vs New Orleans live

NFL Football online game watch
    NFL Football online game watch Green Bay vs New Orleans live Bay Buccaneers live streaming on PC TV, 26, octo, 2014. TV channel, LIVE Streaming, Online, Watch, Live broadcast, Video, PPV. Green Bay vs New Orleans live Bay Buccaneers live stream, NFL, football,Streaming, online.
    Halo man Don’t mistake to start 2014 watching Green Bay vs New Orleans live Bay Buccaneers live streaming of this NFL Football game will broadcast the following
    NFL REGULAR SEASON​
    WEEK –8​

Green Bay vs New Orleans live
    Date : Sunday, October 26, 2014.
    Kick Off Time : 1:00 PM
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bondhu Dekho NFL Green Bay vs New Orleans live Bay Buccaneers live stream, Streaming, watch, Kick off for the game is set to take place and may be televised locally in some markets.
    If you can’t watch the game on television or in person, you can watch the life stream by clicking here.TV channel : CBS , FOX, NBC, ESPN,ESPN HD, ESPN2 HD, ESPN3 HD, ESPNU HD
    [​IMG]

Green Bay vs New Orleans live Buccaneers stream Online TV on PC today of NFL Football. Watch Football live streaming Green Bay vs New Orleans live Bay Buccaneers TV sports NFL Football match. This exciting match between Green Bay vs New Orleans live Bay Buccaneers stream online via TV link by using below this link. Green Bay vs New Orleans live Bay Buccaneers live streaming​
    Bay Buccaneers live streaming on PC TV, 26, octo, 2014. TV channel, LIVE Streaming, Online, Watch, Live broadcast, Video, PPV. Minnesota Seattle VS Carolina LIVE Bay Buccaneers live stream, NFL, football,Streaming, online.
    Halo man Don’t mistake to start 2014 watching Minnesota Seattle VS Carolina LIVE Bay Buccaneers live streaming of this NFL Football game will broadcast the following
    http://iphonetvonline.blogspot.in/
  19. joneuu

joneuu Guest

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    33ß
    watch [[[[[Live]]]]] Green Bay vs New Orleans live

NFL Football online game watch Green Bay vs New Orleans live Bay Buccaneers live streaming on PC TV, 26, octo, 2014. TV channel, LIVE Streaming, Online, Watch, Live broadcast, Video, PPV. Green Bay vs New Orleans live Bay Buccaneers live stream, NFL, football,Streaming, online.
    Halo man Don’t mistake to start 2014 watching Green Bay vs New Orleans live Bay Buccaneers live streaming of this NFL Football game will broadcast the following
    NFL REGULAR SEASON​
    WEEK –8​

Green Bay vs New Orleans live
    Date : Sunday, October 26, 2014.
    Kick Off Time : 1:00 PM
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bondhu Dekho NFL Green Bay vs New Orleans live Bay Buccaneers live stream, Streaming, watch, Kick off for the game is set to take place and may be televised locally in some markets.
    If you can’t watch the game on television or in person, you can watch the life stream by clicking here.TV channel : CBS , FOX, NBC, ESPN,ESPN HD, ESPN2 HD, ESPN3 HD, ESPNU HD
    [​IMG]

Green Bay vs New Orleans live Buccaneers stream Online TV on PC today of NFL Football. Watch Football live streaming Green Bay vs New Orleans live Bay Buccaneers TV sports NFL Football match. This exciting match between Green Bay vs New Orleans live Bay Buccaneers stream online via TV link by using below this link. Green Bay vs New Orleans live Bay Buccaneers live streaming​
    Bay Buccaneers live streaming on PC TV, 26, octo, 2014. TV channel, LIVE Streaming, Online, Watch, Live broadcast, Video, PPV. Minnesota Seattle VS Carolina LIVE Bay Buccaneers live stream, NFL, football,Streaming, online.
    Halo man Don’t mistake to start 2014 watching Minnesota Seattle VS Carolina LIVE Bay Buccaneers live streaming of this NFL Football game will broadcast the following
    http://iphonetvonline.blogspot.in/