3-4 MOCK WITH F/A

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Jan 26, 2014.

1. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    118ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    you keep Wright? Help

2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,759ß
    more then the mock, the idea of keeping Scott and Wright hurt my soul.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,912ß
    MAJOR WRIGHT is listed as the 5th best free agent safety. Chris Clemmons is the 4th and made $2.8MM last yr. So that was my logic, What would you suggest considering the salary cap and all??

4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,759ß
    I would suggest anyone that thinks Wright is the 5th best FA safety has not watched many Bears games the past 2 years; or is high on opium. I would take just about ANY S that under 30 before him.

Sorry S is a personal issue of mine, I wanted both Conte and Wright gone last year; they are ONLY good when there is a substantial pass rush, if it's only average they are awful, and when the rush is bad, they are not capable of even backup level play.

5. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,912ß
    LOL think I snagged that from a site you previously said you used as a reference Walters Football ... still chuckling here.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    612ß
    I was going to bring this up. I'm not advocated for either Conte OR Wright, but I really think we ignore the problem when we place the blame on these guys with a front 7 that was a sieve. Man, we could have two all-pro's playing Safety, but with our front 7 as bad as they were, it's not gonna look good...it just isn't. Like I say, I'm not an advocate for either guy, but I AM an advocate for spending the bulk of our money on the front end of our D as opposed to the back end. I would rather keep Conte and Wright BOTH, if the savings could yield a stud front 7 as opposed to trying to go cheap up front and paying too much for a couple of new Safetys.

• Like Like x 1
  7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,759ß
    I do use them, but I don't go strictly off them; if they have a gross error in judgment I disregard what they think. Like right now they have the Bears grabbing a RB in the 3rd round, and just no way that happens.

4dabears, that might be true, but these two NEED all pro front 7 to look average; when the front seven went down, these two showed their true colors and were just brutally bad, it was embaressing.

8. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    118ß
    Wright sucks and shouldn't get a new contract. Not thinking twice about that.