3-4 MOCK WITH F/A

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Jan 26, 2014.

1. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    126ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    you keep Wright? Help

2. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,163ß
    more then the mock, the idea of keeping Scott and Wright hurt my soul.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,253ß
    MAJOR WRIGHT is listed as the 5th best free agent safety. Chris Clemmons is the 4th and made $2.8MM last yr. So that was my logic, What would you suggest considering the salary cap and all??

4. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,163ß
    I would suggest anyone that thinks Wright is the 5th best FA safety has not watched many Bears games the past 2 years; or is high on opium. I would take just about ANY S that under 30 before him.

Sorry S is a personal issue of mine, I wanted both Conte and Wright gone last year; they are ONLY good when there is a substantial pass rush, if it's only average they are awful, and when the rush is bad, they are not capable of even backup level play.

5. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,253ß
    LOL think I snagged that from a site you previously said you used as a reference Walters Football ... still chuckling here.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 4dabers

4dabers
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    692ß
    I was going to bring this up. I'm not advocated for either Conte OR Wright, but I really think we ignore the problem when we place the blame on these guys with a front 7 that was a sieve. Man, we could have two all-pro's playing Safety, but with our front 7 as bad as they were, it's not gonna look good...it just isn't. Like I say, I'm not an advocate for either guy, but I AM an advocate for spending the bulk of our money on the front end of our D as opposed to the back end. I would rather keep Conte and Wright BOTH, if the savings could yield a stud front 7 as opposed to trying to go cheap up front and paying too much for a couple of new Safetys.

• Like Like x 1
  7. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,163ß
    I do use them, but I don't go strictly off them; if they have a gross error in judgment I disregard what they think. Like right now they have the Bears grabbing a RB in the 3rd round, and just no way that happens.

4dabears, that might be true, but these two NEED all pro front 7 to look average; when the front seven went down, these two showed their true colors and were just brutally bad, it was embaressing.

8. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    126ß
    Wright sucks and shouldn't get a new contract. Not thinking twice about that.