31 percent of all players on all NFL rosters last year were undrafted players.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, May 17, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    same imperial data that people used for why a black qb couldn't succeed back in the up until the 90's?

2. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox
    Expand Collapse
    Position Coach

Nope, the kind grounded in reality and facts, not racism.

3. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

It has nothing to do with being color blind or at least it doesn't on my part. I don't give a fuck if the kid is black, purple or green he's earned a shot at making the team. Whether or not Ford is the better of the two is what we'll find out. No one handed him that #3 spot yet.

As for his measurables while he ran all of .06 slower than Carey in the 40 in both his 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle drills he was faster. By two tenths of a second in the 20 yard shuttle and by more than a half second in the 3 cone so if that's all were going by then he must be better than Carey too right?

Fuck all these numbers. The kid is a good football player and his measurables are right in there with Carey's and probably Fords as well although Ford is probably faster in the 40. And it had nothing to do with wobbly passes. He's not competing to play QB. I think Ford looked pretty good last preseason but he's nothing special or we wouldn't have drafted Carey right?

Maybe some guys are getting carried away with Lynch's prospects but I'm not. The kid offers some versatility we don't have elsewhere and his college track record speaks for itself so I don't have to. Carey will make the team by virtue of his draft status but as far as Lynch and Ford go it's still may the best man win and maybe they both do.

• Like Like x 1
  4. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox
    Expand Collapse
    Position Coach

They should hand it to Ford, he's the better HB, STer, KRer and athlete now and in the future.

Was that all I was going on? I'm pretty sure not and I don't care nearly as much about cute feet as I do about functional speed.

Why wouldn't they draft another HB? I'm a Ford fan and I wanted one drafted in the exact round Carey was selected in. We had exactly two HBs worth a damn on the roster, now we have three. Strength in numbers, talent an depth.

If Lynch beats Ford I'll let you sig me for a month. If he outdoes Ford in any single phase of the game, I'll be shocked.

5. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

That could be the case Sox, but we don't know how Trestman and Kromer will ultimately have them evaluated. I don't believe any of us fans can say (at this point) that Lynch isn't going to make the team......certainly not based on a 40yd time or based on the player's race (black, white, Hispanic or whatever). All the coaches care about is having the players that give them the best chance to win. That may or may not be Lynch. I hope the guy proves himself worthy of a roster spot. If he's not worthy, then I'm fine with whomever Trestman goes with. I trust him to put together the best roster he can so we can get beyond this 8-8 record that we all can agree on stinks.

6. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

The idea is to build the best CHICAGO BEARS team.

Emery it looks ... has done that with FA/DRAFT/UDFA.

Specifically the defense. As an aside ... offense tricks.

What tricks JJ ? I dont know ... but it could get tricky.

The joy we get when we sucker punch a team is what makes us BEARS fans.

I can think of a few teams that should be slobber knocked on a regular basis ...

of course none of them are in the NFC NORF.

Yeah ... that.

Seattle ...Frisco ... I want to knaw on their bones after the game.

Who the hell do they think they are compared to us ?

Lets show them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

and he's black and apparently that makes a difference. If he was clearly such a better athlete they wouldn't have brought in Carey and Lynch to compete for the jobs of backup rb and st's kr/pr.

8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Jackie, that quote is one for the ages. Classic. I hope we're gnawing on their bones after the games too.

[​IMG]

9. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Friscos locker room pregame :

Ok lets get focused and some shits going on here against DAA BEARSSE that we havent seen the last few DECADES ...

first of all they think they can actually beat us and we know thats not going to happen.

Lets stay together and we can get this done !

Uhhh ... coach what about that option play they are running?

Its not that big of a deal in fact they havent played it yet.

Uhh ... coach what LBer's are they starting ?

We'll know that when we take to the field.

Uhh ... coach whats their DE lineup again?

There may be some more but less last then yesterday.

Uhhh ... ok ... but their DT's ... whose starting ?

They have 2 rookies penciled in.

Uhhh ... and like y'know ... are those guys good ?

Thats up to you to find out , now get out there and earn a paycheck !

Paycheck ? We get a paycheck ?

I think we better do another MRI on him ... let his agent know.

10. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox
    Expand Collapse
    Position Coach

It's not very hard to see why they brought in other runners. It's an extremely important position where we had a whole two quality players and were a single play away from distaster. As for returns, I'll believe Lynch is anything but getting tested for versatility when I see it. I'd bet he goes into the season closer to tenth than first on that depth chart.