50 Bears rookies arrived at Halas Hall today!

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, May 15, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,465 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    906ß
    Emery is bringing 'em in by the bus load.

[​IMG]

Quarterback David Fales chats with safety Brock Vereen while waiting to be fitted for equipment.

2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,465 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    906ß
    Last Fall I could have sworn I saw Phil Emery at one of the youth football games. Could be puting together his board for the 2025 draft.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  3. JJ-30

JJ-30 Veteran

Ratings:
    +159 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    51ß
    I really like the #7 kid, maybe Emery is looking for Cutlers replacement when the time comes.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. BearDownUnder

BearDownUnder Veteran

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    Got J. Webb on the side line there

And I'm pretty sure they're running Mel Tucker's defense there
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +763 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    753ß
    I like the kid in the 3 pt stance yet. I can see the scouting report.

Great motor, does not anticipate the snap count well needs to improve his anticipation.....
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,663 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    919ß
    Tucker honing his defensive strategies.
  7. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +876 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    831ß
    Why? Because the QB is running for the first down and the defense looks confused and doesn't know what to do?
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +376 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    61ß
    Oh, so these are all third stringers on defense? Yeah, I give em some slack for the big play if that's the case. I know how hard it is to play without your key defensive players. He must be restricted to someone elses playbook as well. poor coach.
  9. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,663 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    919ß
    Life's a bitch, then you die. In the meantime it seems that people continue to have to meet expectations. I know I have to hit certain metrics and they don't want to hear about why the people that work for me couldn't get it done on account of they work for me. So I am expected to fix it or find others to work for me that can do it.
    If not, they replace me. Maybe I live in an alternate universe but my management wants results period.
  10. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +376 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    61ß
    So if you brought in two interns with no experience to run two of the very important jobs after around 5 of your 11 employees under you were lost for the year due to illness and if your quota or whatever metric it is you're judged by dipped. Oh forgot to mention you lost your employee of the year from the last year who'll be in the HoF of employees and who was loved and adored by his co-workers, essentially he helped with your job by how well versed he was in the job. And your second best employee proceeded to sit there and suck his thumb all year. If the metric which you use to judge your performance dipped.. and all of that happened.. you think you'd be canned after that year? Or, do you think. Wait, hold on a minute houston entertain this for a second. You think they might give you a clean slate since it was bullshit what happened last year and no one could have ran your firm with any semblance of what it used to be? Oh, and of course you're restricted to a managing plan that you yourself didn't come up with and don't feel super comfortable using. You have to use your predecessors, the guy who was fired before you. Sounds fair?

Name me one team that can go through what we did last year and look good. Name one team for me houston. Top three DT's. Top DE falling off. Second best DE playing at DT and a guy better suited for linebacker by the look of it playing the other DE spot and this is with a defense that is built around pressure with the front four. Then losing your top corner, top 2-3 linebackers and having rookies come in to replace them. Not to mention the talent drop off from starters being horrific. You're going from starting quality players to ST players. Name me a team that can handle that and I'll laugh because you're full of it. We were pulling guys off the street to try to play. I'm not saying he's the best coach around, but to use last year against him in any way is borderline mental issues. I'm not saying he'll be a HC next season, but anyone who doesn't give last season a wash, in my opinion, didn't watch the season.
  11. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +763 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    753ß
    The difference is your staff did not change in this scenario, if you met your goals or metrics and then had a massive turnover your people skills may be questioned but if all left for advancement most businesses I have worked at would expect a dip in the measurables while new people were brought in. Not gonna get into all the Business side of work but I believe this is apples and oranges.
  12. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,465 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    906ß
    We'll never come to agreement regarding last year's defensive woes so that's why I'm just trying to forget it even happened, and look forward to seeing the Bears with a solid defense this year. Emery is restocking the cupboard with better talent. Tucker gets a clean slate to prove he can coach. We'll just see what happens this year. If there continues to be major problems then Emery and Trestman will fix them - including acquiring better coaches if that is the problem. I'm just not going to lose any sleep over last year. It's over. Time to look forward to a fresh new season with better players and a few new position coaches added to the mix.

One last thought about Tucker.......he may still prove to be a good DC for us. I'm not saying he will be, but I haven't given up on him either. But Emery/Trestman will get this all sorted out this year. Count on it.
  13. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,663 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    919ß
    I would expect either myself or anyone working for me to make the best of any bad situation. The bare minimum would be for people to improve as we all fought through the difficult circumstances.

Name one team that could go through what we did? Really? Seriously? How the hell would I know that? Name me one bank that can get through a serious recession. How would you know that? The answer in both cases is that the better managed ones seem to always be ready and get through adversity.
    NE always seems to get through injuries without falling to the bottom of any lists. They may not make the playoffs but they are always compeyitive. That's what good teams are supposed to be able to do. I think any other standard is bs. Different beliefs on our parts. Not saying you are wrong but I don't find it acceptable.
  14. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +376 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    61ß
    You saying he gets a clean slate, to me, is coming to an agreement. Vilifying the man over and over for something that was essentially out of his control is what I can't agree with. I totally agree, he has to prove he can coach this year and last year is a wash. I'm not saying he's the greatest, just that last year in no way indicates what we're capable of on defense.
  15. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +763 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    753ß
    Agreed, that is what I am looking for is improvement in our young LB's with a years experience and better coaching, not to mention what looks like a strong D-line. If there are no improvements as the year progresses, I would agree Tucker may need to be replaced, this goes for all of last years class as well as any from this year. Just sayin last years injuries made it impossible to project improvement as nothing was ever stable to improve upon. First thing in business is to have a stable process to be able to identify real issues from background noise, last year was marred in background noise.
  16. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,663 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    919ß
    This is the whole thing here. When someone has a different petspective , words start to be put into peoples mouths in order to strengthen a position. No one ever said a dip would not be anticipated. The measure of an acceptable dip is the issue. Top 5 to last? To me that has passed the point of where injuries are responsible.
    The bears also knew that or two coaches would not have been let go. If the bears know it, I don't get why this is even a point of argument. There were problems over and above injuries. I don't understand why there is still even discussion there.
    The real question is how much was due to tucker and how much due to the two coaches that were let go. That won't be answered until we see the team play a few games
  17. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +376 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    61ß
    You really think that if your staff went through all that upheaval it was in any way resemble what it was last year? How can you ignore he was restricted to someone else's scheme? On top of that the pieces that make that scheme he was ordered to use run were all hurt or fell off?

How the hell would you know that? I think you would have a better knowledge of a football teams roster depth and coaching schemes than any average person would know about a bank. That's a ridiculous comparison houston, it's apples and oranges to begin with but a team suffering injuries can be related to throughout the NFL. Go to any NFL roster and use our injuries to their team. If it's a team that relies on secondary then I'd say use your injuries more on the secondary than the DL because our entire defense was centered around getting pressure with the front four.. hmm.. guess where the injuries struck? Yup, the front four was absolutely ravaged, old, and playing out of place. If my higher ups had a bunch of idiots and interns behind the only staff worth their salt then I'd be like hey? What the hell? How can you expect us perform through injuries where there's nothing behind it?

I've never seen NE go through what we did and perform well on defense, I don't remember once them getting ravaged like this on defense. It's not Tucker's fault half the defense was hobbled. It's not Tucker's fault that there was no depth behind them and it's not Tucker's fault that he had to run someone else's scheme. I don't get how you can't give him a break and call last season a wash. Answer the questions, not just freaking out about banks, answer me about what other team, or what would your bosses do if all that happened? Would you really get fired after losing all those good employees and the rest leaving? Anyone would expect a dip.
  18. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +763 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    753ß
    Guess I missed the anticipated dip in the first one. LOL just joshin with you, as you have said many times, our opinions dont matter much anyway, this one will come down to Emery and Trestman should it need further scrutiny.
  19. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +376 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    61ß
    To call the defense Top 5 without looking at the bigger picture is silly in my opinion. I know it's a few positions but it was 30th, not last. Saying last is exaggerating to prove your point. I'm not putting words in your mouth, you've been vilifying Tucker and I was simply replying to your employee comparison which you ignored and then asked me to explain the finer point of banking, which is kinda silly. No one is saying it couldn't be Tucker, all I'm saying is you can't hold last season against him. He should be allowed a clean slate to show what he can do this year. I'm completely open to him being canned, if our defensive play shows that he cannot be a valuable asset to the team. But until then, I don't know anything about Tucker. Our LB's shoulda been more ready, so should our DL, that's why those two positional coaches are gone.. because it's their job to keep the depth ready. It's not as simple as Top 5 to last, there's so many other variables. We didn't have the same players and while running a scheme thats predicated on getting pressure with the front 4 simply no team using that scheme would have been able to be competitive with those injuries. Plus rookies coming in? And top corner gone? Like I said, I'm not saying Tucker is great. But I dont' count last year against him is all.
  20. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,465 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    906ß
    He could be good, bad or somewhere in between as a coach. We'll find out soon. For the good of the team, I sure hope he turns out to be a solid DC for us. But if not, then he'll be gone. I'm just getting ready for the Bears season parade to go by again this year. The Cubs parade wasn't so hot this year......so I'm looking forward to a better Bears parade. Hope there's lots of purty floats coming our way......and that Mel is perched up on a great big and impressive defensive float.

[​IMG]