8/12 camp

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Aug 12, 2013.

1. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Sounds like Allen's roster spot is hanging by a thread.
    Fumble + injury + competition ---> see ya?

2. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,117ß
    MP, they said he's safe b/c of his ST's play, but the problem is his inj might well be more then a few days.

again don't look at 1 pre season game...they said Ford had a huge wiff on a pass protection also, plenty of players had a problem in PS game 1.

3. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,336ß
    I'm not sure I believe that. I definitely don't buy that he's "safe". He's been putting the ball on the ground a lot in practice too from what be read, not just one fluke fumble in a PS game. And his injury all of a sudden isn't minor. He's now "week to week" with a hammy so he won't be playing until the 3rd PS game at the earliest.

4. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,117ß
    Remember he's been lining up w/the ones, when Forte is at WR, from day 1. This is no Webb situation where he has sucked for years and the team needs to see what else they have b/c of just how terrible he is.

The coaches have been high on Allen from day one, and I doubt this goes away. The new guy coming in says the inj is an issue though so he might well lose his spot for awhile.

5. ticat

ticat
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    139ß
    I see that trestman is texting the hurt WR, a player in montreal last week was moved from PR to theteam roster and his 1st text he received was from trestman. The man does not forget his players.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jimmors

Jimmors
    Expand Collapse
    The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,124ß
    Can't wait to see what this offense looks like with BMarsh+AJ+Bennett in at the same time.

• Like Like x 3
  7. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,117ß
    He's been texting daily w/Earl Bennett to keep him up to date and informed also.

8. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,117ß
    http://www.hubarkush.com/2013/08/12/bears-respond-with-vicious-monday-practice/aqg0bj1/
    Bears respond with 'vicious' Monday practice
    By KEVIN FISHBAIN - kfishbain@shawmedia.com - Monday, August 12, 2013 2:55 p.m. CDT
    BOURBONNAIS — The Bears’ offense has faced plenty of adversity this summer, often against its own defense in training camp, but things appeared smooth on both sides of the ball during Monday’s session.
    After a slow return to practice on Sunday afternoon, all was positive during a picture-perfect day at Olivet Nazarene University.
    “I think the first thing I’d like to say is if you love football, you had to love this practice,” said head coach Marc Trestman. “This was a vicious practice, a highly-competitive practice. The guys stayed on their feet. They were cooperative.
    “I thought it was probably one of our best practices, maybe in the top three, during camp.”
    Instead of starting practice with an interception, like Jay Cutler did on Sunday and on the first play during Friday’s preseason game, he hit Matt Forte out of the backfield for a simple completion.
    Throughout practice, Trestman often complimented back end on defense, who still forced a few turnovers. Charles Tillman had a pick six on a pass dropped by Michael Bush and Lance Briggs also picked off a pass thrown into traffic.
    “The effort was outstanding with the D-Line, linebackers and secondary, the guys pushed through from the start of practice all the way to the end of the fourth-down period,” said defensive coordinator Mel Tucker.
    With several injuries still a factor, we’re seeing more and more of the fringe roster players fighting for roster spots in different units.
    “I really see the effort of the young guys and the guys fighting for positions, and that’s what I told the team today,” Trestman said. “It’s not only our first groups battling but there are guys here trying to make this 53.”
    On offense, second-year wide receiver Alshon Jeffery had a good day. Cutler threaded the needle on a pass over the middle to Jeffery, and late in practice Jeffery showed great body control to come back and make a catch.

9. A-11

A-11
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    These are the reports, I like reading about. Hopefully, they can build from Sunday's practice instead of taking a step back.

10. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,117ß
    http://www.hubarkush.com/2013/08/12/bears-training-camp-notebook-august-12/arit7gv/
    Bears Training-Camp Notebook: August 12
    By KEVIN FISHBAIN - kfishbain@shawmedia.com - Monday, August 12, 2013 5:09 p.m. CDT
    By now you know that Marc Trestman was very pleased with Monday's "vicious" practice, the Bears are staying in Bourbonnais for another nine years and that Corey Wootton had his way with rookie Jordan Mills. Here's a look at the rest of the news and notes from the second-to-last practice in Bourbonnais.
    Anderson back, Allen out: Wide receiver Joe Anderson (shoulder) returned to practice Monday, but was limited to individual drills. Running back Armando Allen is week-to-week with a hamstring injury instead of being day-to-day, opening the door for rookie Michael Ford. Harvey Unga, Jonathan Scott, D.J. Williams, Earl Bennett and Henry Melton all missed practice, with Bennett still at home as he recovers from a concussion. He hasn’t practiced in full since Aug. 2. Cheta Ozougwu tweaked his right hamstring during practice.
    Snapping snafus: We learned last week that the team definitely values veteran O-lineman Eben Britton, and he has been running as the second-team right tackle after spending time filling in for Jermon Bushrod as the first-team left tackle. The Bears are now trying to see how versatile he can be, with Britton snapping for the third team at center. However, it was a tough day for Britton, who botched three snaps. He has played guard in his NFL career and spent time after Sunday's practice working on his snaps. Matt Slauson, Edwin Williams and Taylor Boggs are the other Bears who have worked there besides Roberto Garza.
    More love for Minter: Undrafted rookie Zach Minter has garnered attention in these notebooks for his impressive play. He continues to work with the second team and defensive coordinator Mel Tucker lauded his work after practice. "We've taken note of Zach. He's strong, he has good initial quickness, he has a high motor," Tucker said. "When you watch him, he's all over the field. He finishes every play. He's not perfect, none of us are, but he has shown improvement."
    Quick hits: Devin Aromashodu and Fendi Onobun got some reps as pass catchers with the first team. Onobun made a long catch early in team drills. ... Marquess Wilson also had a few snaps with the first team, but Trestman made it clear Sunday that the rookie needs to improve his special teams. ... During the first several practices, Kyle Long and James Brown did some rotating with the first-team offense at right guard. In the last two practices, it's been all Long and Mills on the right side with the 1's.