8/7 camp notes

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Aug 7, 2013.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,477 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    296ß
    Zelezo, Brown, when he's not taking first team RG, is taking first or 2nd team LG. It appears that their plans are for him to play LG at some point in the future. A lot of the speculation is that he'll be the swing guy this year and Long will start. Next year I would assume it would then go Brown LG and Long RG.

I personally think, unless Long shows vast improvement the team cannot afford to put a rookie that isn't capable of protecting Cutler in there, just to get experience/on the job training. I again think that this year is all about Cutler, it's why they didn't draft or look to replace Garza; but they would risk putting an ill equipped rookie G, just b/c of his draft status? Didn't happen w/Shea and unless Long shows VAST improvement I don't think it will happen w/Long either.

It's still a competition, but so far Brown is flat wining hands down. And Long is showing to be VERY green which is what the one major knock on him was before the draft. Regardless He's the RG of the future, but it might not be the start of the year, and might not be next year imo; Brown appears to be the LG of the future.
  2. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,477 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    296ß
    SFB, Camp lovie didn't do much of anything but play politics and figure who was in the dog house.

Tbear, I know, but when he got hurt last week they said week to week, not day to day like they had w/Bushrod. I just hope he's ready by week 1. Until then, we at least are getting bostic some legit and good experience.
  3. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,162 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    21ß
    Ain't that the truth Ric. As far as Long I'm ok with him just getting garbage time and some goalline situations as well as keeping Brown on his toes. I'm interested in seeing Britton play some exhibition games.
  4. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    14ß
    Getting Bostic some time is a plus. We need to get DJ back healthy and working with the defensive team. I agree that getting him back at partial strenght is not what we need.
  5. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    14ß
    As much as I want to see Long playing this year, we cannot sacrifice performance or protection. If the means Brown is our guy, I am good with that.

Speaking of centers, I saw part of the Dallas/Miami game this weekend. Travis looked good at center. I saw him looking around (instead of playing) a couple of times. It will be interesting to see how the Cowboys make out with him.
  6. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Are you kidding? That's the best news. Even more of a reason to just start Bostic from day 1, rather than waste time with some old dude that probably won't even play well off the PEDs. DJ's best days are in the rear view mirror.
  7. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Sweet. Thanks for the heads up. Will check it out tomorrow.
  8. AtomicTommy

AtomicTommy DaBears Ditka

Ratings:
    +2,499 / 13 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    101ß
    [​IMG]

Between your assessment of DJ Williams missing so much TC being "the best news" and Kelvin Hayden's torn Hamstring being a "blessing"... I am not sure if you're like... trolling? or just some deluded "silver lining" type guy... lol
  9. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,477 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    296ß
    Ya didn't know 31 was old for LB's.
  10. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    [​IMG]

Hey can you believe that we actually have Bears fans out there that would rather see younger, more athletic players on the field, as opposed to old, unspectacular ones that are past their prime?
  11. AtomicTommy

Ratings:
    +2,499 / 13 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    101ß
    [​IMG]
    Yeah sure, you're right, we should all be thankful for their injuries. lol

I dunno... Maybe it's just your delivery that sucks... but I'd rather have had DJ Williams and KHayden lose their jobs to Bostic and Frey the old fashioned way, by outperforming the starter. Not due to "blessings" like hamstring tears and calf strains, and other types of "best news"...
    • Like Like x 2
  12. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    14ß
    If DJ is old at 31, what are we doing with Peppers? I want the best player on the field.
  13. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    My delivery is fine. No reason to be butthurt when we have players on the roster that can fill their void. DJ and Hayden are not major players. Thankfully we have young talent on the roster that can replace them.
  14. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Maybe you don't know how much of a better player DJ Williams was when he was much YOUNGER in Bronco land. He hasn't even been the same player since he got caught juicing....
  15. zelezo vlk

zelezo vlk Veteran

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Sorry for not seeing this until now. Thanks for the update. I especially, but we all appreciate you giving us the updates. You know, if I'm allowed to get soft for a moment.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. AtomicTommy

Ratings:
    +2,499 / 13 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    101ß
    OK yeah... if being happy about injuries because "hey, then I get to see the players I want to see play!" is what you are all about, then yeah, dude, your delivery is awesome. It's just you that sucks. lol

You also have ZERO clue as to whether Bostic in his rookie year will be better than DJ Williams in his 10th year (if the coaches thought so, he'd have been ahead of Williams on the depth chart). You also have ZERO clue whether throwing a practice squad guy from last year into the starting lineup is going to work out (if the coaches thought he was better than Hayden, guess what?)... if being a training camp superstar always translated to being a superstar on game day, Rex would be a first ballot Hall of Famer.

But just out of curiosity... any more injuries you'd like to see so some rookie can get a shot?
    • Like Like x 1
  17. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Ray Lewis had some of his best years in his 30's.