A Bears on Hard Knocks Debate................

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Jun 10, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    yep, thats what I read too. No where does he say he does not want it. Its kinda like having a steak or a hamburger. I would prefer the steak but it does not mean I do not like the hamburger

2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,259ß
    Hoping they look elsewhere is the best I can find

3. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,207ß

Good question and a fair one too. I'd like to see some positive comments from them but lacking any I'm thinking that with the exception of maybe the Cowboys they weren't all that thrilled either. This whole deal is only a minor league money maker for the league and maybe it should just die a natural death. HBO isn't a player as far as the big broadcast contracts are concerned so who really cares if they get stiffed?

4. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,207ß
    Of course they'll agree to it but I think the word "support" may be a little strong. Several weeks back as the list of eligible teams was produced there was an article or two from Bears beat writers and I think even a national source that said the Bears were hoping to avoid being selected.

So read between the lines. If I'm hoping that I'm not chosen for something that would mean I'm opposed to it and that I'd rather not. Correct? You don't really expect the team to officially buck the league office and embarrass them by coming out in public in any kind of quotable statement do you? This is the Bears not the Al Davis owned Oakland Raiders. We're "plays well with other" while Al was "run with scissors". :lol 027:

What will be will be but nothing is gonna alter my opinion that it's a bad idea .

• Like Like x 1
  5. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,271ß
    That's a great point.

6. CaptainHookShot

ßearz ßuckz:
    To me it sounds like he might not have been completely ready for the question; didn't have sufficient time to think it through, especially in some of the sequences where he repeats himself. This would be the typical reaction of any professional figure caught off guard by the media-not burn any bridges, not make any allies. He would of course be caught off guard by this question because he is being asked pre-draft, when his job is likely the most stressful and time consuming.

7. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,207ß
    The main reason I posted this again was so that members here could listen to the commentary of a couple of sportswriters who were guests on David Kaplan's show. I'm not a Kaplan fan because I think he's simply there to stir up discussions. His insights are poor at best.

All that was really important was the debate between them and some of the points that were discussed are the very same ones I've made. The Bears organization really gets no benefit from appearing on Hard Knocks and it may be seen as an unneeded distraction.

Although Kaplan seems enthused about because he's strictly a media guy the writers had a bit more sober viewpoint and what I got out of it was the gist of their thinking was that it wasn't really a positive for the Bears. It may not hurt but it sure won't help anyone but the NFL.

So that's it in a nutshell. No I can't post a quote from Emery or Trestman saying they don't want it and I've already explained why they won't do that. But if people can't read between the lines enough to see that Phil Emery's comments are meant to deflect the decision toward another team who may benefit from the added publicity then there's nothing more I can add.

If you can't read that much into Emery's comments then you must be the guy who when a HS girl turned you down for a date because she had to wash her hair or make jello and thought you still had a chance with her then I feel sorry for you. You just don't get it and you probably never will. Kinda' like ol' Lloyd here.

From Dumb and Dumber;

Lloyd Christmas: What do you think the chances are of a guy like you and a girl like me... ending up together?
    Mary Swanson: Well, Lloyd, that's difficult to say. I mean, we don't really...
    Lloyd Christmas: Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight! I came a long way just to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?
    Mary Swanson: Not good.
    Lloyd Christmas: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
    Mary Swanson: I'd say more like one out of a million.
    [pause]
    Lloyd Christmas: So you're telling me there's a chance... YEAH!

8. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,170ß
    LOL, originally when I read "there is this", I thought you were giving me another grammar lesson. I did not catch the link part of it. Guess I was tired or something

9. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    250ß
    The show is based more upon a documentary then anything else it's not reality show and I don't believe it'll be a distraction.

Of course the show will catch some of the drama that goes on in training camp but that would happen with the crews are there or not.

Being all the way out here in Maryland there's very little chance that I would be able to go to training camp and watch the players, so this opportunity for them to be on hard knocks with absolutely thrill me.

From watching the show in the past it appears that they follow the coaches very closely and a couple of those Bubble Guys, they tend to follow the stars from a distance, not too much intrusion going on.

I tend to believe that the interviews are similar to what you would see in a post game interview.

Call me selfish but I would love to see the Chicago Bears on hard knocks

10. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    225ß
    BS and Benj's avatars are so similar I thought someone was talking to themselves for a minute.

Falcons got selected for Hard Knocks so it's all good.

• Like Like x 1