A number of sources are picking Detroit over the Bears.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Sep 26, 2013.

1. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +289 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    27ß
    Stafford can not handle the pass rush like big ben. As a matter of fact at least two of the shots that BB took would have put Stafford on a stretcher.

There was a good pass rush last week, but BB is a brick wall, and stafford is not.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. A-11

A-11 Veteran

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I predicted a loss, but believe we can win. So yeah I'm worried.

1.) Going to have to roll the secondary over to and above Calvin. No question about it: Megatron will still get his too, especially if Peanut is out/limited. Just have to hope Broyles or Spurlock don't take full advantage. (Not like it is a new game plan for them)

2.) Joique and Reggie scare me to death. Freaking Megatron has added to their fury, and Bush has added so much to this offense in his own right. Bell is no slouch, however, I hope he gets the snaps with Bush being limited. I do not want this tandem fresh. Our linebackers will have their hands full in coverage, and in tackling.

3.) Hey rookies. You've done well so far, here's another test. I have unfounded faith on our right side of the line, looking forward to confirmation. Actually, lol, to steal a line from one of my favorite jets recently retired: "Can't wait!" - Bart Scott

I am going to try to focus in specifically on Long and Mills this game. Should be entertaining.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,223ß
    It would be great to get a run game going early to slow down the pass rush. An early lead would be nice too.

Perfect time for Hester to break one for a TD too.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Mr. Deliverance

Mr. Deliverance Guest

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    This is going to be a tough game for the Bears. DET is a very good team. Megatron could easily put up 200yds if he's on his game. Cutler does play well against DET but this could very well be our first loss.
  5. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,055 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,306ß
    Forte plays very well against Detroit as well
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    GOT IT covered popcorn ;)
  7. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,055 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,306ß
    two things I don't care about.

1. Power Rankings
    2. The Experts/writers/broadcasters/analysts picks
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    REALLY ??? Like he did that last season Once in the last 3 years MegaChoke has gone over 100 yards receiving 130 yards ,....... ONCE

Barring ANY injury to Tilman .. What hat is Mega-Choke going to pull this 200 yard rabbit out of ?
  9. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,201ß
    I can understand people picking Detroit over the Bears. I could make an argument for Detroit myself (except for the fact that I hate them with a passion). They are a very good team. They have talent, they play hard... they play dirty and they can tie us if they beat us. All good reasons to be concerned.

I had also mentioned that if Long handles Suh most of the game as I think he can, I think Suh will get flustered and lash out. He is not known for keeping his cool or for thinking before he acts. I think he may take it out on someone and maybe hurt someone just cuz he's an ass.

It will be a hard fought game and I'm on the fence. If we had a pass rush, I'd pick the Bears. With no pass rush, it's going to be a dogfight. Should be a great game. Just hope we beat them. And beat them bad. We haven't been able to beat anyone bad so far and they are good so just wishful thinking, but what the hell.....

We have a much better coashing staff than they do (IMO) and I think it will make a difference. What concerns me is the lack of a pass rush and the ability to do some serious damage by Johnson. We have our own stud in Tillman, but how many games can Tillman shut him down? At some point, the odds say that Johnson will take his pund of flesh... and it will happen when they have time to set up the plays. The one thing is we KNOW they will target him and that does give our oppoprtunist D a chance to intercept. Like I said, this is the game I am worried about the most so far.

I'm looking forward to sqeaking out of there with a 4-0 record, but a loss would not surprise me a whole lot. We can score, but we have not been dominant. If we win, it will be close.

Hopefully when it's over, Ndamukong will just be another boy named Suh.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    View attachment 201
  11. Tarkus

Tarkus Veteran

Ratings:
    +270 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 4
  12. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    It will be a tough game especially if Tillman isn't 100% but I think if we can contain Megatron and the DL gets pressure we can win this thing.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,223ß
    The next time he stomps on a downed player or tries to take a knee out on a player, the league needs to FINALLY get his attention by suspending him for a season. That's the only thing that will get through his thick neanderthal head. Let him spend a year of his life watching football on TV, and not getting paid.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

DOUBLE BOOM

I agree Jabz I think thats what the leagues needs to start doing. Fining guys like Suh doesn't seem to do anything Bears inhouston hit the nail on the head if LOng handles Suh ,.. what if he does lash out ?? what he may get ejected then later suspended ,...the damage wold be already done after he may have lashed out and put the hurt on someone
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  15. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    517ß
    What got me at Pittsburgh is we kept going to Jefferys and gaining yards.
    Then we strayed from that and the game slowed down.
    If JCut can keep the fast throws going to Marshall ... both Benetts and Jefferys ...
    their defense cant have time to adjust.
    Our running game should be when they adjust to our WR's and the drive appears to be stalling.
    Then turn Forte -Bush -Ford on.
    Make them stack the line and go back to airball.
  16. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +694 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    401ß
    I watched the Detroit Washington game and Washington essentially made way too many mistakes and penalties. It also doesn't hurt Washington's defence is terrible. Washington had couple opportunities to win the game and they squander them with penalties. Bears D has a great opportunity to get going against this O-line of Detroit they don't look that strong. Stafford gives the ball up I hate to say it even more than Cutty on throws when he misreads the D. So I believe our D line will show up and the backs will get more int's.

What Washington did on offense so well with Detroit D-line is they missdirected them on play action numerous times Suh seemed lost in the miss direction and at other times they double teamed him. With our O using Forte as misdirection that will take pressure off the Oline and give Cutty plenty of time.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    517ß
    We should go AIRBALL as long as they let us get away with it.

They'll adjust ... then give them the running game ...

They'll adjust ... then go back to JCut and AIRBALL.

We are so good that we squeaked by three games with a win.

Its not about blowing out the opposition ... its about winning.
  18. lklrlolnlilklsox

lklrlolnlilklsox Position Coach

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    61ß
    We're going to be a sexy pick, soon enough. For now, though, media darlings and offensive dynamos like the Stafford-CJ connection will be getting all the hype - and that's just fine by me. Let them underestimate us, let the rest of the league question this team with a new coach with a brand new system and a media scrutiny magnet QB. I hope that lasts all the way to February.
  19. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +215 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    517ß
    No shit dude ... lets play the underdog. We just keep winning under the wire.

We have three squekers ... we need a fourth ...
  20. Adibear

Adibear Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    have to say that this is a tuff one and not to be taken lightly...we are 3 point underdogs, only because of being the away team.