Adam Hoge's 1st of 4 Mocks for the Bears

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by 4dabers, Feb 4, 2014.

1. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +634 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    11ß
    I like Hoge and this is his first of 4 reported Mock Drafts he will be doing before May. I've been seeing so many mocks that are all interesting (of course they are all mutually meaningless), but I think THIS one is my favorite. I think of our draft ended up looking just like this (along with a successful FA period) I would be QUITE pleased. I actually like ALL these guys that Hoge mocked to us.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/02/04/hoge-2014-bears-mock-draft-1-0/
  2. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +3,943 / 8 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    123ß
    Would love for Ha Ha to fall to us, take him in a heartbeat. While the mock certainly does try and address all of our needs, i seriously doubt Emery will wait until the 6th round to draft our lone Offensive player. If anything, i believe Emery will try to address our defense through a combination of Draft and FA (like he did with our O in 2013), which will gives us more flexibility to draft a TE/C/OL as well as Defense.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +634 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    11ß
    I do not disagree with your assessment Jim. In fact, I really doubt some of those players will be available when they are taken in this mock, but I'd like it if they are. I also would not be surprised to see a Center like Brian de la Puente picked up in FA, but if not, you're right; gotta get a young (and quality) Center in the late middle (4th or 5th).
  4. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +3,943 / 8 / -4
    ßearz ßuckz:
    123ß
    Its the nature of the beast when it comes to mocks. People have a tendency to try and address ALL of a team's needs solely through the draft. While it looks good on paper and works well on Madden video games, the fact remains that most teams' "needs" change as the roster of the team inevitably changes throughout the season and into the offseason. Also, most teams are lucky to get 2, maybe 3 solid players in each draft, the rest will be busts and cut after a year or so.

With that being said, if we can land Ha Ha and a solid DL in the draft, and a couple of good backups/project players, while also picking up a couple of solid DE/Secondary players in FA, i will consider the draft and the off-season a success.
  5. butkus3595

butkus3595 Veteran

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    10ß
    I actually like that draft. I'd rathe sign a center in free agency than draft one I'm not sure about in the 4th or 5th round.
  6. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Ha Ha would be a great first round pick-up and it would give us a day one starter, it will be interesting to see what happens with Ratliff/Melton.
  7. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    16ß
    What I like about his picks are that he has a solid reason for
    1. What they could bring to the Bears
    2. Why they are going to be available in the round he picked them.
    3. Hoge obviously knows the Bears well enough to talk about what direction they might go next year (talked about a hybrid defense).

Good Mock
  8. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,412 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    150ß
    other then to def oriented(not going all D expect at least 2-3 picks) it's a solid mock.
  9. sluggobear

sluggobear Veteran

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Well thought out draft thank you.