Adrian Peterson’s 2-year-old son in critical condition after beating allegedly by man dating mom

Discussion in 'Rival Team Forum' started by The Benjamin, Oct 11, 2013.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin Bear Down Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,270 / 3 / -6
    Adrian Peterson’s 2-year-old son in critical condition after beating allegedly by man dating mom, TMZ report says

Published October 11, 2013
    FoxNews.com
    • [​IMG]
      Sources told TMZ that Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son was in critical condition after a beating. (AP2013)
    Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son is in critical condition at a South Dakota hospital after he was allegedly beaten by a man dating the boy's mother, TMZ reported Friday.[​IMG]

Peterson, the reigning NFL MVP, was seen in Sioux Falls on Thursday. A reporter with the Argus Leader newspaper said Peterson is dealing with a serious medical issue involving a young family member that "will likely be a police matter."

The Pioneer Press reported Friday[​IMG] that Peterson's father, Nelson Peterson, confirmed the report.

"All I can say is, we are asking for prayers and for respect for our family as we deal with this tragic situation," he told the paper. Sioux Falls police did not confirm Peterson was the child's father.

Peterson was on the field for stretching with the Vikings on Friday morning. He left for the locker room briefly during special teams drills, which he doesn't participate in, and returned later.

"This is a private matter and I'm just going to ask you all to respect my privacy, and that's all I'm going to say about the situation," Peterson said after practice Friday. Peterson added that he will play Sunday against the Carolina Panthers.

"Football is something I'll always fall back on to get me through tough times," Peterson said. "That's what I need."

Joseph Patterson, 27, was arrested Thursday night and is charged with aggravated assault and aggravated battery of an infant, TMZ reported. The arrest was made after police and paramedics were called to an apartment at 5:43 p.m. Wednesday and found the 2-year-old victim with injuries "consistent with abuse."

MyFoxTwinCities.com has not confirmed [​IMG]that Peterson has any relation to the 2-year-old. The boy injured in the alleged assault has not been named, but it is not Adrian, Jr., the station reported. Vikings communications director told the station that Peterson is expected to practice Friday and hold his regular media availability.
  2. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,270 / 3 / -6
    Last update I heard, the child was taken off of life support and had passed away
  3. JIMMY MAC FAN

JIMMY MAC FAN

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
  4. matsellah

matsellah SuperFan

Ratings:
    +2,007 / 7 / -1
    Sad, terrible news. Best comment I've read so far was "I hope this trash (Patterson, the alleged suspect) gets 'accidentally' dropped off at the Vikings practice facility."
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz What? Me Worry? Staff Member

Ratings:
    +359 / 1 / -0
    I just don't see how human beings could harm a 2year old. Seriously there's nothing they could do that should make anyone upset enough to harm them.

A pat on the ass, yes.. Physical harm? You should kill yourself if you do more than a pat!
  6. ZifanQ

ZifanQ SuperFan

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -0
    What the fuck... Prayers goes out to Peterson!
  7. Metallman56

Metallman56

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    my thoughts and prayers go out to AP and his entire family. may there be a special place in hell for whoever is responsible for this travesty.
  8. hoth

hoth

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    AP.......god bless.
  9. little bear

little bear

Ratings:
    +353 / 0 / -0
    Pretty sad news...
  10. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,270 / 3 / -6
    I feel bad for whichever team AP is going against. He is going to take out all his anger, aggression and emotion out on them for the game of his life
  11. A God named Payton

A God named Payton

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Life always takes precedent over sport....prayers and thoughts go to the Peterson family.
    Do what you have to AP....the world is with you at this time.
  12. Henry Burris

Henry Burris

Ratings:
    +1,940 / 8 / -2
    It's really sad that AD didn't even get to meet the little guy.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,270 / 3 / -6
    He had just found out that he had another son, and was going to pay him a visit... sadly, his visit was when his son was on life support
  14. 4th and 26

4th and 26 Staff Member

Ratings:
    +399 / 1 / -2
    Throw the scumbag into general population.
  15. Evernight

Evernight

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Anyone who beats a child deserves to be fed feet first into a wood chipper nice and slow.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. ticat

ticat

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    And why did he not. It is a terrible thing to happen but whre was he? And to play football right after your little precious boy is beaten to death. IMO He is also a idiot.
  17. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,270 / 3 / -6
    Because his ex gf after two years finally told him it was his son.

He is not an idiot for playing though.

1. He likely had no real emotional connection to the son he never knew about til recently.

2. The field is a sanctuary for the players. They play the game as an escape. They do their JOB after tragic situations. He is not the first and won't be the last to do so.

Favre, Reid, Coughlin, AP.... Just to name a small handful
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ticat

ticat

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    When a parent dies and they want you to play is different, all I know if I was told I had a son and then he was beaten to death, I would not be showing up at the game, I would be out looking for answers.
  19. Evernight

Evernight

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    It's not different at at all. Everyone deals with grief differently. Some people would opt to not play. Some people would opt to play because they may feel that's what the deceased person would have wanted or because it gives them a few hours escape from having to deal with their death. Calling someone an idiot for how they deal with their own personal issues (especially when there's a high likelihood we don't have even half the facts or a good deal of misinformation ) is asinine.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,270 / 3 / -6
    So... how long would you be out looking for answers? How long would you mourn for someone you never knew?