Adrian Peterson: "Norv Turner 'perfect' for Vikings - a brilliant offensive mind"

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Jan 28, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,425 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,443ß
    I've never understood how the Vikes and Detroit can be so bad when they have so much talent.

2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,835 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,050ß
    I actually don't disagree w/this. Turner is a horrid HC, but pretty solid OC, so far everything that Minny has done to this point has been really good.
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,425 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,443ß
    Every time Detroit and Minny get a new coach I wonder if they can finally get it right. I hope they don't ever get it right, but the law of averages says that eventually they will.
  4. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +887 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    589ß
    I believe you are referring to the law of the blind squirrel. ;)

[​IMG]

Sorry, I just had to. This photo cracks me up for some reason.

I too worry about Detroit and Minny hitting on all cylinders. Makes it even harder for us to catch the peckers. I just hope we can continue to improve. I want to be able to look back on the next 25 years the opposite way I look back at our previous 25.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,840 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,260ß
    part of the reason Det and Min were bad is because of bad luck. Det had a chance to win the division, but screwed themselves. They have talent, but just choked in the stretch. Min had injuries, no QB and still lost most of their games in the final minutes. They were competitive, but just couldnt close out games.
  6. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +719 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    440ß
    Norv Turner look up the reporters responses when he was going to turn the Brown's around last year. Another coach that needs to get the proverbial door to the ass. Turner's boys are the most over rated underachieving coaches but reporter will keep pumping the BS on them.
    It's just a battle between 2 teams in the NFC north and we all know who that other team is....damn you McCarthy why can't you be like those other ding dong coaches.
  7. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,425 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,443ß
    FWIW, don't mistake Ron for Norv. Ron Turner isn't worth diddly, but Norv is a rock solid offensive coordinator. He's led two different teams to Super Bowl wins, as their OC. He also, in one season, took the Browns from a 25th ranked total- offense to 18th - and he didn't have a decent QB on the entire roster. If Ron were the new OC with the Vikes, that would be sweet because he'd stink the place up. But Norv is a different situation entirely. He is a decent OC.

One other point. Our offense is looking good. But Emery/Trestman haven't proven anything yet on the defensive side of the ball (other than Emery showed us he could blow a 1st round draft pick on the mighty Shea McClellen). Until the Bears figure out how to build a defense here in Chicago (can't believe I just typed that) we're not a lock to do squat in the NFC-N.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    • Like Like x 1