All or nothing year for Bears' Stephen Paea

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by short faced bear, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    155ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I posted a video of 1 a few months ago... It is awesome to see it done by them

2. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +464 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    I don't think a NFL team could do a real one and not be penalized/fined. If you watch a lot of their hakas, they make throat slitting and disemboweling movements as a threat to their opponents.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    166ß
    When I was in New Zealand there was a crew of some kids who ran into the street when the crosswalk went green and did the Haka in the middle of the street, it was cool as hell.

4. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    HAKAAAAAAA!!!!! GIVE ME HAKAAAAA!!!!!

I love what I believe Paea CAN do I just want him healthy for one year so I can see him actually do it. I still remember that first game he ever played where he shot that "A gap" on Minny and was on the QB before he even turned around. If he can anticipate a snap count like that with some consistency they can move him over to play 3 tech along with Sutton.

With the drafting of Ferguson I think Paea needs to show that he can handle either inside spot too so they can shift these guy around in their alignments and look for the best mismatches. If the rookies pan out this is the best collection of DTs and NTs we've had in a while. We just need them healthy and ready to play. From the very first time I heard Paea interviewed at the Combine after he set that record for the bench press I was impressed with his maturity and hoped the Bears would draft him. I really don't want to lose the guy because I believe he can play.

5. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran
    SuperFan

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    155ß
    that's awesome....I would be happy to see a flash mob here but a "Flash Haka!!!" WOW