Allen energized by joining Bears

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Newsman, May 27, 2014.

1. The Newsman

The Newsman Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,308ß
    ChicagoBears.com News:

An NFC North rival for the past six seasons, Jared Allen was ecstatic to practice for the first time with the Bears Tuesday as they conducted the first of 10 OTA workouts.

Continue reading...
  2. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +747 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    89ß
    Oh hell yea, he's gotta be energized and excited. For the first time in 6 years he can practice in something other than that gawdaweful purple crap. For a redneck guy like him, that's gotta mean something. Hell, that's gotta mean something for ANYBODY! :smilebig:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +829 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    876ß
    Allan knew the Vikings were never going anywhere while he was there. He had Trent Green and some good RB's in Kansas City but never advanced very far in the playoffs. So yeah, from his comments when he signed about the Bears being playoff caliber, and his desire to win a SB he has to love the current team. We may still be a year or so away but you look at what we have done the last few years and the arrow is pointed up and Allan watched this as a rival with Minn. and jumped on the band wagon when he could. Its been said many times in here but we have strong ownership with George McC, a strong front office in Phillips, Stein, and Emery, and a up and coming HC in Trestman. Not going to go into Tucker but obviously Allan was not concerned so its easy so understand his excitement much like us fans have for now.
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
  4. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +962 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    526ß
    You mean George McCaskey.. :D

Fuck Mike McC!!!
    • Like Like x 2
  5. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +747 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    89ß
    +1
  6. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +829 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    876ß
    Yes, George McC. , Love that edit capability
  7. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß

Yea Fuck Mikey. He ought to be in a prison somewhere playing the part of Bubba's bitch because what he did to the Bears was a form or criminal neglect.

I'm really pleased we were able to sign Jared Allen. As soon as it became apparent that Pep wasn't coming back he was the only guys I wanted us to get to replace him. Thanks to a nifty bit of clandestine negotiating Emery pulled it off and that was nice work! We got a younger and more motivate version of Pep and for far less money than Pep cost us.

With most teams and their players being exposed to more modern all year round training methods and better diets players careers are lasting longer and 30 year old and up guys are no longer over the hill or in many cases even in a decline yet. These guys are getting a shot at extending their careers a few more years for decent money, most of them want to be on a winner, and they'll play for a little less to do that and have that satisfaction of being on a good team.

Having played my share of sports when I was younger I can attest to how much more enjoyable that whole process is when you can look forward to coming to a team who can compete for championships rather than struggle to finish over .500. Losing sucks and the better player you are the more it sucks to be stuck on a perennial loser. I'm happy to hear Allen talk about his attitude and his hopes for his part on the Bears.
  8. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +962 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    526ß
    Yeah, you have 30 minutes to fix your post. Otherwise, no soup for you. :D

It prevents people from changing their posts when in a discussion. The proof is gone. :D
    • Like Like x 2
  9. BelieveInMonsters

BelieveInMonsters Veteran

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    50ß
    I especially love the fact that Allen talked about being motivated by the fear of failure.

He basically said that he doesn't want to be viewed as the guy the Bears shouldn't have spent their money on and he doesn't want to be the guy who is just here taking up up space and collecting a paycheck.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    That's why I love "high motor" guys like him playing defense. They've been career over achievers and they don't know how to do it any other way. The lack of that "imperative" is what always makes guys like Clowney a draft risk. I think they need to be winners and play with winners to be at their best. Guys like Allen as doing it because they love to play and they want to keep their level of play top notch. I think it's just a different mindset. I loved the Julius Peppers we signed in FA but I'm not gonna miss the version of him we let go.
  11. BelieveInMonsters

BelieveInMonsters Veteran

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    50ß
    I think I know the version of Peppers you're talking about.

The guy that took plays off and didn't give 100% effort every single game throughout his Bears career.
  12. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    I never saw that in him until last year. If he was then he did a good job of hiding it. He came here to play for Lovie and Marnelli and when both were gone so was his desire to stick around. He also knew there was no way the Bears were gonna absorb the kind of cap hit he represented this year so either he would have to take a big hit to his salary or they'd release him. I think given his dislike for Tucker he preferred the latter.

Pep can still play when he wants to. He proved that in the couple of games he did turn it on and he'll probably give the Pack a lift with his play up there but he's nearing the end of his career and when we could see that were able to get a younger DE to replace him for the same or less $$$ it made sense to part ways. I think going to GB is his way of playing out a little of the resentment he still has and he's gonna be 100% geared up for at least two games this year.