Allen energized by joining Bears

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by The Newsman, May 27, 2014.

1. BelieveInMonsters

ßearz ßuckz:
    176ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I think I know the version of Peppers you're talking about.

The guy that took plays off and didn't give 100% effort every single game throughout his Bears career.

2. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,110ß
    I never saw that in him until last year. If he was then he did a good job of hiding it. He came here to play for Lovie and Marnelli and when both were gone so was his desire to stick around. He also knew there was no way the Bears were gonna absorb the kind of cap hit he represented this year so either he would have to take a big hit to his salary or they'd release him. I think given his dislike for Tucker he preferred the latter.

Pep can still play when he wants to. He proved that in the couple of games he did turn it on and he'll probably give the Pack a lift with his play up there but he's nearing the end of his career and when we could see that were able to get a younger DE to replace him for the same or less $$$ it made sense to part ways. I think going to GB is his way of playing out a little of the resentment he still has and he's gonna be 100% geared up for at least two games this year.