Allen makes Bears a contender

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Mar 27, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,757 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    739ß
    A_mil, same thing that happened w/Izzy last year happend to Anderson this year, he was allowed to walk in FA so that Wootton/Shea could be given a shot, this year it was Anderson who was let go so that Shea/Bostic could be given a shot. Last year made since b/c Wootton had proven a capable starter at DE, this year not so much b/c neither Shea or Bostic proved capable starters.

I do agree the LB core of this team is looking VERY shaky, DJ was hurt last year and had no legit backup, and the same is happening this year, Briggs is now going to wear a sling on his shoulder so he's not 100% and instead of Anderson you have Shea/Bostic duking it out, while the other will be backup for WILL/MIKE.

How that makes anyone think this group doesn't need an overhaul is beyond me. The bigger problem is there LB's in this years group are not near as good, and the team has 3 DB's it needs and at least 1 or 2 DL also. The team has more issues then they have picks.
  2. butkus3595

butkus3595 Veteran

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    165ß
    Brandon got some pretty decent dough, slausen not so much.
  3. matsellah

matsellah Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,265 / 7 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Have we changed coordinators?

No?

Then I don't see it.
  4. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,757 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    739ß
    The same coordinators that were down 4 Def starters and 3 probowlers, and missing their starting QB for several games were 1 play away from a playoff spot, and you don't see how the team is now better AND possibly contenders?

I'm lost. The Def is in no way WORSE then last year, should be better b/c the DL is FAR better and FAR deeper yet it's almost impossible to believe that the team will be contenders b/c the DC who tried to placate players had all his key guys go down is still here?
    :10_5_135[1]: no, Tucker wasn't the problem last year, and he won't be the problem this year.
  5. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +311 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    142ß
    Ric, I totally agree with you. And from what I've seen so far with Emery, I don't think he would hesitate a second to dump Tucker if he thought that Mel was the problem. And if there is still an issue with the defense this season, I have no doubt that Mel will be gone (sooner rather than later).
    • Like Like x 1
  6. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,757 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    739ß
    Dac, barring another catastrophic fail b/c of inj's yep Mel's done if the D anywhere NEAR that bad again, and well should be.

There is still questionable, at best, depth at LB and CB, and we still don't have 2 starters at S, possibly 1 but not 2. But all that should get addressed in the draft.