Allen makes Bears a contender

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Mar 27, 2014.

1. dachuckster

dachuckster
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Let's hope Hub isn't as wrong with his current assessment as he was about Kyle Long.

2. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

As wrong as he was about Long, he was dead on about Shea so give the man some credit; again not everyone is 100% on their assessment, and to be fair about the 2nd week of camp in he and stated he was dead wrong about Long.

His current assessment has sound reasoning, just like his Shea and Long reasoning, and that's all you can ask for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. blinddeafmute

blinddeafmute
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka

Yeah, having and experienced play caller will help tremendously on D. It's hard for any saftey to look good behind a third string Dline and mid round rookies at the LB position.

• Like Like x 1
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

No doubt the S's were made to look FAR worse then they really are, but the problem is they were only GOOD w/a really talented DL and LB core, so when they lost that they lost their ability to be just GOOD.
    What I want is a S that will be just okay to bad behind a turrible DL an LB core not should be out of the league bad, and be awwwwwesome behind a really good DL and LB core. And nothing says that Conte/Mundy will be that.

5. a_miljan

a_miljan
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

I dont see it like that, Mundy is a competent starter, ur making 'Slauson mistake' all over again

• Like Like x 1
  6. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

For every slauson there is a Brandon Manumaleuna

7. blinddeafmute

blinddeafmute
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka

Yeah, just the year before, Conte and Wright didn't look so bad. I know that the blown coverage against GB that lost us the game was caused by a last minute play change that Conte either didn't hear, or just didn't make the change. I'm not excusing it. I'm just wondering how much difference it would make to have someone better at calling the plays will make him look. And maybe that's all that is needed to get our D out of the gutter. It says a lot when your two safeties, as bad as they are, lead the team in tackles.

8. a_miljan

a_miljan
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ok, so far Mundy seems like a decent starter for us, thats all im saying, he probably better than some other guys, fr instance ILB Bostic/Shea nt so good, fr now

9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Hey, I hope you're right. I don't mind eating crow. I eat quite a bit of it actually :-)

10. a_miljan

a_miljan
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

im worried bout our LB corps more, we always had good, sometimes great LB's, this one dont make me feel confident. hey, what happened to Anderson, he was real good at the beginning, where did he sign if he did?