Allen Presser

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Grizzblue, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +445 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    48ß
    Press conference starting soon. Just discovered that you can listen online by googling 670 live feed. Thought I'd post this to have a place for feedback and reaction
  2. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,771 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,381ß
    Oh good, you got it covered. I was just about to. It's also being covered on the official site; chicagobears.com
  3. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,771 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,381ß
    Woo, he a big boy.
  4. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    33ß
    Can't wait for the season to start already, 6 months to go:7_11_1[1]:
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +445 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    48ß
    He seems genuinely excited about being here.

6. Freaking. Months.:10_9_137[1]:
    • Like Like x 2
  6. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,757 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    739ß
    apparently this was a great interview, from what I've read and remember some highlights:

He loves the Offense and said he's tried to prepare against it and it was a pain. Said he likes Cutler and the weapons around him, Forte, Marshal, "Jefferies", and Bennett.

Said he was excited to play next to Jay Ratliff, and that he spoke w/Tucker and he liked what Tucker had to say about what the plan was for this year. He said he can still play the run.

He believes the Bears are contenders.

Said Jay called him at 5:30 to welcome him. (imo Urlacher was insulted by this and will not be happy w/the disloyalty of welcoming in a rival Viking player).

Said he doesn't normally like big cities, but thought Chicago was sectioned out enough to be okay.

From what I'm reading he came off very intellegent and charming and pretty pumped and ready to play.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +602 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    244ß
    He dominated that press conference, genuine, sincere and confident. Yeah he reminds me of Mongo personality tell you like it is and kick the crap out of the opponent got like this guy.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    586ß
    Glad to have Allen on board
    • Like Like x 1
  9. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,771 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,381ß
    This guy is not an "old man" by and stretch of the imagination. If he's stays healthy I'm not gonna doubt that he could very well play out this deal for four years. Reggie White played 15 years and Brian Urlacher played 13 years. Four years from now Allen will have played 14. Looking at his enthusiasm for staying in shape and wanting to win a Super Bowl and his willingness to join the Bears to pursue that I'd say we got the right guy. He's got personality and he's got as much football smarts as you'd expect from a technician at his position.

If there was no way to keep Pep he was a player I'd hoped we'd get when FA began. He's always been a high motor guy and a relentless pass rusher. He has some promising things to say about Jay Ratliff and Jay Cutler as well. I really like the idea of Allen at RDE and Houston at LDE and Young as a swing guy. Stick Ratliff on the middle of those two with his ability to play both NT and DT and that three pretty damn good linemen right there. Then with Collins and Paea for depth along with Izzy and one more from the draft and we won't end up short of top quality depth again.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +602 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    244ß
    Emery made that clear at end of season he won't make that mistake again in not having enough depth on D line. It's going to be fun watching when a team that is in a passing situation face this D line. That last play with Pack is going to look a lot different this time around.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,771 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,381ß
    Let's hope we never let those "cork soakers' ever take us down to the last play like that again. We owe them a few really good ass whoopin's as a payback for quite a few we took from them.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. butkus3595

butkus3595 Veteran

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    165ß
    I'd like to see what he could teach guys like young, Houston and c wash when it comes to technique and hand fighting.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. BearJim

BearJim Veteran SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    15ß
    The press conference affirmed to me what I thought the day he became a Bear. Great signing. Great player. Great teammate. I truly think he will help lead this team to a Super Bowl victory. Remember u heard it hear 1st. Unless of course you already heard it somewhere else. Lol
  14. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,757 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    739ß
    Something else that was mentioned and I think people aren't really talking about yet, he said he is looking forward to playing next to Ratliff that should be as good of an indication that the team is looking at JR as the day 1 starting DT. All things can change but it's more reason to think they are going DB at 14 w/a rotational guys on the line later.
  15. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +275 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    54ß
    Of course, Ratliff should be a day 1 starter, hes a beast, he just needs to stay healthy, we wont get a better DT right away in the draft, for me hes the steal of this FA for us
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Akuma2000

Akuma2000 Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    33ß
    Best believe payback from the bears is coming, karma is a b*tch is payment is due. :1033[1]:
  17. Seqq34

Seqq34 Rookie

Ratings:
    +55 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    21ß
    let's not get fooled by talk lol yes he said he was excited and Ratliff is a beast, but what was he honestly going to say? lmao
    Don't get me wrong, i'm drunk posting but let's not act like he sent down the 10 commandments with a signature from jesus himself lol
    He's going to be a GREAT addition on that line, but the D will be better regardless just cause the injury bug hit so F'ing hard last year.

regardless it will be a fun ass year coming up to see all these new pieces take form. All i really have to say is the NFCN better BEAR DOWN, cause this team is going to bring it like Kirsten Dunst lmao

My biggest concerning thought is...is this going to be Peanuts last year and who takes the #1CB role after him?...
  18. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,771 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,381ß
    I did, but I think it was only an echo so it doesn't count. :smilebig:
  19. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,771 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,381ß
    Nah, Jesus was out of the office for the day so Moses signed and God countersigned for Jesus. I trust them. They all seem good for it. :bah:

I'm sure we'll draft a CB to spend some time at the feet of the master but there is a chance if he's stays healthy that he could be back again next year. It all depends on him. If he goes to a Pro Bowl again how do they not sign him?
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Billie Murray

Billie Murray Rookie

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I read that title and thought, "sheesh Emery sure is stock piling the no-name safeties"
    • Like Like x 1