Allen Presser

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Grizzblue, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Grizzblue

Grizzblue
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Press conference starting soon. Just discovered that you can listen online by googling 670 live feed. Thought I'd post this to have a place for feedback and reaction

2. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Oh good, you got it covered. I was just about to. It's also being covered on the official site; chicagobears.com

3. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Woo, he a big boy.

4. Akuma2000

Akuma2000
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Can't wait for the season to start already, 6 months to go:7_11_1[1]:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Grizzblue

Grizzblue
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

He seems genuinely excited about being here.

6. Freaking. Months.:10_9_137[1]:

• Like Like x 2
  6. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

apparently this was a great interview, from what I've read and remember some highlights:

He loves the Offense and said he's tried to prepare against it and it was a pain. Said he likes Cutler and the weapons around him, Forte, Marshal, "Jefferies", and Bennett.

Said he was excited to play next to Jay Ratliff, and that he spoke w/Tucker and he liked what Tucker had to say about what the plan was for this year. He said he can still play the run.

He believes the Bears are contenders.

Said Jay called him at 5:30 to welcome him. (imo Urlacher was insulted by this and will not be happy w/the disloyalty of welcoming in a rival Viking player).

Said he doesn't normally like big cities, but thought Chicago was sectioned out enough to be okay.

From what I'm reading he came off very intellegent and charming and pretty pumped and ready to play.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

He dominated that press conference, genuine, sincere and confident. Yeah he reminds me of Mongo personality tell you like it is and kick the crap out of the opponent got like this guy.

• Like Like x 2
  8. The Benjamin

The Benjamin
    Expand Collapse
    George Halas
    Staff Member

Glad to have Allen on board

• Like Like x 1
  9. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

This guy is not an "old man" by and stretch of the imagination. If he's stays healthy I'm not gonna doubt that he could very well play out this deal for four years. Reggie White played 15 years and Brian Urlacher played 13 years. Four years from now Allen will have played 14. Looking at his enthusiasm for staying in shape and wanting to win a Super Bowl and his willingness to join the Bears to pursue that I'd say we got the right guy. He's got personality and he's got as much football smarts as you'd expect from a technician at his position.

If there was no way to keep Pep he was a player I'd hoped we'd get when FA began. He's always been a high motor guy and a relentless pass rusher. He has some promising things to say about Jay Ratliff and Jay Cutler as well. I really like the idea of Allen at RDE and Houston at LDE and Young as a swing guy. Stick Ratliff on the middle of those two with his ability to play both NT and DT and that three pretty damn good linemen right there. Then with Collins and Paea for depth along with Izzy and one more from the draft and we won't end up short of top quality depth again.

• Like Like x 2
  10. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Emery made that clear at end of season he won't make that mistake again in not having enough depth on D line. It's going to be fun watching when a team that is in a passing situation face this D line. That last play with Pack is going to look a lot different this time around.

• Like Like x 2