Am I CRAZY for believing

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Aug 26, 2013.

1. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +226 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    that Tucker and the infusion of youth is going to IMPROVE our defense?! Tucker seems willing to take MORE RISKS than either Lovie Dovie or Marinelli were. FINALLY, we have a guy who is willing to gamble on defense with well-timed, effective, and exotic blitz packages!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. shark86x

shark86x Pro-Bowler SuperFan

Ratings:
    +495 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    68ß
    Yes, you are crazy. But so am I!!!

Bostic and Greene will be contributors as will isaiah frey. Tillman jennings briggs and peppers will continue to dominate and wootton and collins are looking good too. If shea steps up we will be dominant.

no more injured and slow 54 and no more 10 yards off the receiver cover 0.

yes I believe.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,470 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    720ß
    I'm seeing a little more aggressive version of what they've been playing for years. I had a laugh during one of the sideline interviews. When he was asked when was the last time he had a sack Peanut just rolled his eyes and said he had a hard time remembering. I'm not surprised. I can't remember him ever getting one. We've blitzed Safeties and NBs before but I can't remember any CB blitzes while Lovie was around. That one shocked me. LOL
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +966 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    274ß
    I think it's possible we will be better. The flip side is the risks get exploited, but that will take a while since for the first time in almost a decade, no one knows what to expect.
  5. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    to the OP and the rest thus far ,,,

NO YOU'RE NOT CRAZY
    the D ,....this year and many more to come ?

BOYzzzzz,.....thou reaper hath commeth

BEARzREAPER2.jpg
  6. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

Tucker inherited a good crew,..I like this BLITZING THANG ,.. I keep hearing about ,.. One can only hope he can keep their fire burning .
  7. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +448 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    51ß
    So what you are all saying is the D is going to be better than last year because of aggressive play calling and younger players looking good. Oh my this going to be interesting year. I feel like we are sitting on top of a mega ton rocket just waiting to take off, with us either going to the moon or blowing up gloriously on the launching pad. Either way sounds like fun to me.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,021 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    251ß
    Who knew this defense could actually Blitz?

I got so sick and tired of Lovie's D always SHOWING blitz, but never doing it. PROTIP: showing blitz only works when you actually BLITZ every now and again.
    • Like Like x 5
  9. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,470 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    720ß
    I was thinking the same thing. Years ago Urlacher blitzed and we also send a Safety or an OLB but as years went by it just seems the defense became almost as predictable as the offense but it worked so if it wasn't broke Lovie just left it be. I think what will help a little more now is that we're becoming less predictable again. Lovie's basic Cover-2 with some "Tucker Twists" should make team we play often in our own division have the need to prepare just a little more from now on.
  10. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +448 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    51ß
    You're exactly right Jimmors. How many times would we see Urlacher fake a blitz? It became sicking everyone and their grandmother knew he wasn't coming after the QB. "Send him please" I would scream at my tv many times over the years. That Peanut blitz was just glorious, I think I heard harps playing after that hit. Mel Tucker is a refreshing change even on D and I was hoping for no changes on D. Boy was I wrong on that I didn't know I wanted change there as well.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,021 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    251ß
    Yeah, it got to the point where him and Briggs would be crowding the LOS with the DL in the gaps, and im just thinking "WHY?!?! Thats just that much further he has to drop back into coverage now!!"
  12. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +448 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    51ß
    So it ended up bending and bending till it did break. Hey we are 5th D in NFL and you can't argue that point. But bend, bend and more bend gets tiring when we could be stomp your face tough like 1985 D. There was no bend in that D at all, it was all in your face and try to beat us.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,480 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    299ß
    the D COULD be better, it could ALSO be worse. W/youth comes inexperience and mistakes, but w/out question the D will be faster and Tucker brings a few new wrinkles teams won't be expecting.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

some times better known as a POWDER Keg Tree ;)[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
  16. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +226 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    well said, guys. I respect Tucker for what he is trying to do on defense. Keeping the base D with which all of the veterans feel so comfortable (and even more importantly, with which they have been so successful) WHILE adding a few new wrinkles here and there. It certainly seems like this year's D is going to be more in line with Rivera's old defenses under Lovie. Basic Cover-2 principles but with the ability to attack at any given moment. HOPEFULLY, Tucker is a fan of retaining the initiative when we have an opposing offense in 3rd and long.
  17. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +448 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    51ß
    Yeah, I wonder what Mel's philosophy is on prevent-D? (prevent for winning D)That was one of Lovie's trademarks for attempting to lose the game which I recall he did in Atlanta game that one year.
  18. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +42 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Let me start with saying that I think our D wasn't as good as it was made out to be. Look at them trying to defend a lead and you see why. Take away those created turnovers and they couldn't stop them most of the time. Those Interceptions and created fumbles made them good, not stopping others going forward
  19. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,470 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    720ß
    Man I hope so because the Lovie Smith version was getting almost as predictable as our offense. If we didn't have 6 current and former Pro Bowlers and All Pros playing it we would have faired much worse. I think we can give a lot of credit to Tillman and Jennings for some drive ending picks and defensive scores that added to the win column. Take that way and we're an 8-8 or even a 6-10 team. I've never been a big fan of Lovies "my way or the highway" approach to that defense. It's always needed some twists and variations and now maybe we'll get them.
  20. A-11

A-11 Veteran

Ratings:
    +74 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    [​IMG]
    I don't care how you get the offense off the field, just get them off without them scoring. Turnovers are nothing new for Chicago.