Am I CRAZY for believing

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Aug 26, 2013.

1. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost
    Expand Collapse

ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    that Tucker and the infusion of youth is going to IMPROVE our defense?! Tucker seems willing to take MORE RISKS than either Lovie Dovie or Marinelli were. FINALLY, we have a guy who is willing to gamble on defense with well-timed, effective, and exotic blitz packages!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. shark86x

shark86x
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,029ß
    Yes, you are crazy. But so am I!!!

Bostic and Greene will be contributors as will isaiah frey. Tillman jennings briggs and peppers will continue to dominate and wootton and collins are looking good too. If shea steps up we will be dominant.

no more injured and slow 54 and no more 10 yards off the receiver cover 0.

yes I believe.

• Like Like x 1
  3. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,769ß
    I'm seeing a little more aggressive version of what they've been playing for years. I had a laugh during one of the sideline interviews. When he was asked when was the last time he had a sack Peanut just rolled his eyes and said he had a hard time remembering. I'm not surprised. I can't remember him ever getting one. We've blitzed Safeties and NBs before but I can't remember any CB blitzes while Lovie was around. That one shocked me. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bearstuff

Bearstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Yes, in the woods.
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    829ß
    I think it's possible we will be better. The flip side is the risks get exploited, but that will take a while since for the first time in almost a decade, no one knows what to expect.

5. Nakoma1

Nakoma1
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    to the OP and the rest thus far ,,,

NO YOU'RE NOT CRAZY
    the D ,....this year and many more to come ?

BOYzzzzz,.....thou reaper hath commeth

BEARzREAPER2.jpg

6. Nakoma1

Nakoma1
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:

Tucker inherited a good crew,..I like this BLITZING THANG ,.. I keep hearing about ,.. One can only hope he can keep their fire burning .

7. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    677ß
    So what you are all saying is the D is going to be better than last year because of aggressive play calling and younger players looking good. Oh my this going to be interesting year. I feel like we are sitting on top of a mega ton rocket just waiting to take off, with us either going to the moon or blowing up gloriously on the launching pad. Either way sounds like fun to me.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jimmors

Jimmors
    Expand Collapse
    The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,131ß
    Who knew this defense could actually Blitz?

I got so sick and tired of Lovie's D always SHOWING blitz, but never doing it. PROTIP: showing blitz only works when you actually BLITZ every now and again.

• Like Like x 5
  9. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,769ß
    I was thinking the same thing. Years ago Urlacher blitzed and we also send a Safety or an OLB but as years went by it just seems the defense became almost as predictable as the offense but it worked so if it wasn't broke Lovie just left it be. I think what will help a little more now is that we're becoming less predictable again. Lovie's basic Cover-2 with some "Tucker Twists" should make team we play often in our own division have the need to prepare just a little more from now on.

10. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    677ß
    You're exactly right Jimmors. How many times would we see Urlacher fake a blitz? It became sicking everyone and their grandmother knew he wasn't coming after the QB. "Send him please" I would scream at my tv many times over the years. That Peanut blitz was just glorious, I think I heard harps playing after that hit. Mel Tucker is a refreshing change even on D and I was hoping for no changes on D. Boy was I wrong on that I didn't know I wanted change there as well.

• Like Like x 1