Am I CRAZY for believing

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,885ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Yeah, it got to the point where him and Briggs would be crowding the LOS with the DL in the gaps, and im just thinking "WHY?!?! Thats just that much further he has to drop back into coverage now!!"

2. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    660ß
    So it ended up bending and bending till it did break. Hey we are 5th D in NFL and you can't argue that point. But bend, bend and more bend gets tiring when we could be stomp your face tough like 1985 D. There was no bend in that D at all, it was all in your face and try to beat us.

• Like Like x 1
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,904ß
    the D COULD be better, it could ALSO be worse. W/youth comes inexperience and mistakes, but w/out question the D will be faster and Tucker brings a few new wrinkles teams won't be expecting.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:

some times better known as a POWDER Keg Tree ;)[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:

6. BradMustersGhost

ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    well said, guys. I respect Tucker for what he is trying to do on defense. Keeping the base D with which all of the veterans feel so comfortable (and even more importantly, with which they have been so successful) WHILE adding a few new wrinkles here and there. It certainly seems like this year's D is going to be more in line with Rivera's old defenses under Lovie. Basic Cover-2 principles but with the ability to attack at any given moment. HOPEFULLY, Tucker is a fan of retaining the initiative when we have an opposing offense in 3rd and long.

7. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    660ß
    Yeah, I wonder what Mel's philosophy is on prevent-D? (prevent for winning D)That was one of Lovie's trademarks for attempting to lose the game which I recall he did in Atlanta game that one year.

8. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    120ß
    Let me start with saying that I think our D wasn't as good as it was made out to be. Look at them trying to defend a lead and you see why. Take away those created turnovers and they couldn't stop them most of the time. Those Interceptions and created fumbles made them good, not stopping others going forward

9. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,207ß
    Man I hope so because the Lovie Smith version was getting almost as predictable as our offense. If we didn't have 6 current and former Pro Bowlers and All Pros playing it we would have faired much worse. I think we can give a lot of credit to Tillman and Jennings for some drive ending picks and defensive scores that added to the win column. Take that way and we're an 8-8 or even a 6-10 team. I've never been a big fan of Lovies "my way or the highway" approach to that defense. It's always needed some twists and variations and now maybe we'll get them.

10. A-11

A-11 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    [​IMG]
    I don't care how you get the offense off the field, just get them off without them scoring. Turnovers are nothing new for Chicago.