Am I the ONLY Bears fan who STRONGLY feels that

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BradMustersGhost, Oct 15, 2013.

1. ram29jackson

ram29jackson Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    104ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    You can not in no uncertain terms be a head coach of a Super Bowl winning team and be over rated. I don't give a damn who you are. If you are a great tactician or great organizer, what ever the team needs. He didn't win 3, so what ? You win one in any position on or off the field you have done the ultimate good job. It takes luck and timing like everything else. Him and the right mix of coaches doesn't make him over rated. It makes him everything he needed to be when he needed to be it and it worked as good as it needed to...and they were lucky all the Rams had was Deiter Brock at the time LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    400ß
    Buddy Ryan was a great defensive coach and coordinator. He got his chance as a head coach but was not able to win a SB. I would not say the Bears SB win was orchestrated by Buddy.

3. ticat

ticat Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    111ß
    I was never a big fan ,but he was the type of guy that players would go to war for.

4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,818ß
    Good points & welcome to the message board. Good to have you here.

5. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods.
    Staff Member SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    802ß
    There is one other reason why Ditka is a legend. Pot roast nachos. Have to have them every time i'm in CHI.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    604ß
    Ditka is a character and Chicago fans adores characters. Was he a great coach? Not even close. Did he provide entertainment? Better then the Barnum&Bailey. Just look at they cast of characters from that '85 team they were all characters. The planets were aligned that year and only that year. IF we had a true coach that knew what he was doing they easily would have gotten 2 more SB out of that team. Egos were major problems from coaches to players it would have been nice to have calming person and deflective personalty like a Trestman to help sooth those egos.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. BradMustersGhost

ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß

Best response thus far. Well-said, DaTreeBears.

8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    942ß
    He and Walter Payton (in Walter's autobiography) both said the team was too individualistic to keep it together. Ditka was similar to Lovie, in that, he was able to turn around a bottom feeder mentality, but not good enough to keep everyone consistent. Regardless, he was held back by mediocre QB play. If we had a QB better than McMahon, we'd have more than one SB victory.

9. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    604ß
    One thing Ditka was good at for the Bears was recognizing talent. He was on the right track when in brought in Flutie it was McMahon that put the kibosh on that move. Saying it was Tomczak that was inline to be the starter when McMahon was not healthy. Tomczak a good ol' Southside boy who I wanted to do good in every way. Even Ditka at the time recognized Tomczak was not going to be the heir apparent to be #1 QB. Grossman reminds me of Tomczak he will be in the league for years playing the #2 roll, because they both just can't get their game play to that next level.

10. BradMustersGhost

ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    Henry, please change your avatar.