Anderson Rising On Wide Receiver Depth Chart

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +414 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    Ok I see your point there. I know we are early in TC. I also know that its not so much football experts, but journalists making the camp reports so we have to take it with a grain of salt. But to this point, Anderson seems above and beyond Wilson. I'm not disputing that there is always the possibility of that changing, as Wilson was clearly more talented coming out of college.

Regarding Anderson though he seems more and more like a guy who really should have been drafted. He played well enough last year to not only stick, but be a player on ST. This year he seems to have the 4th WR spot in his grasps, and Bennett is not safe by any means IMO. (before he gets hurt that is..)

This is a great problem to have. Hell, I hope Anderson/Wilson are fighting it out for years to come. That would be an awesome problem to have 2 talented guys who keep pushing each other and improving every year.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Having too much depth IMO is a good problem to have. I think Wilson will make his impact in a few years but I do think he will be spending this year on the PS.
  3. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +414 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    I can't imagine that he would make it through waivers let alone all year without someone snagging him. Would be a horrible move IMO to even risk it. If anything, look for a phantom injury around the final cut that lands him on the IR.
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,462 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    253ß
    I agree Grizz, either Wilson can get on the roster via st's work, or he gets "injured" for the year. I don't think you'll see him make it a whole season on waivers.
  5. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Good point I didn't even think of that. Weems is done IMO.
  6. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +990 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    22ß
    I didn't see much reason to keep Weems beforehand but, with the emergence of Joe Anderson as a backup WR and STer, there's even less reason to keep him now. I think we'd net a small cap savings too by cutting him.
  7. Blue Horse-shoe

Blue Horse-shoe Veteran

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    Ditto