Anderson Rising On Wide Receiver Depth Chart

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Mr. Deliverance

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I'll swing from Anderson's nuts of he gets in the WR rotation...

2. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +399 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    200ß
    Great to hear that Anderson started off strong and he should be one of the WRs on the roster this year.

He is smart enough to know that STs will keep him on the 53 man roster, and he could be an injury away from getting some playing time.

The reality is that teams that go deep into the playoffs or win the whole thing either have great depth or great luck with having guys healthy at the end of the year. It is very uncommon to keep every key player healthy the whole year and into the playoffs, so depth can be very important.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +670 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    460ß

Who is going to beat him out for the 5th spot (if its even that low)

UDFA from this year?
    Weems?

Don't think so.

4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +4,153 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,510ß
    Mr. D thinks a rookie 7th rounder w/no upper body strength is going to light up the NFL this year, even though rookie wr's, even the high round ones, don't do much. And even though it's being reported that when the pads are on and they can hit he's not got the upper body strength to play.

5. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I don't see the 7th round guy making the team unless it is on the PS. I would love to see him pan out in a year or two but who knows.

I really think Anderson has great potential. I am glad to hear that he is doing well in camp and I think he could be a solid #3 in a few years to replace EB. IMO Depth is key for any team and good depth can help in any situation in the long run even if it's simple and getting more draft picks and developing guys to replace them. Kind of like what Ron Wolf did with the QB position in GB.

6. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,917 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    713ß
    I liked what I saw of him last preseason and wondered why they didn't keep him around. Then I liked the way he looked on STeams late last year. This is a kid who should send Weems packing. He's got better receiving skills and he can be a top ST guy. He and Fendi Onobun are my two picks as additions to the receiving core.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mr. Deliverance

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    LOL I don't think I said anything about lighting up the NFL this year. But some guys are better assessed in actual games, as opposed to practice. Some guys are practice warriors. Other guys show up when it really matters. On game day.

8. Mr. Deliverance

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Making the WR rotation is a little bit different than being the #5 WR. When I say 'make the WR rotation' I'm saying actually being a regular out there on at least 3rd down. Getting real playing time because he's actually make plays out there.

9. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +670 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    460ß
    Fair enough, but just dressing and getting to see the field on WR heavy sets is good for him in my book. It seems that your talking top 3? To be getting the majority of the slot duties? That just won't happen IMO barring a plague of injuries

10. Mr. Deliverance

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I'm talking top 4. Top 3 is always possible with Bennett's injury history.