Another Lovie wtf decision

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Bearsinhouston, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,737ß
    Ratings:
    +3,584 / 13 / -0
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    I think TB will get better under Lovie fairly quickly. Then I think they will stagnate. I just do not see them becoming a top tier team with Lovies inability to judge talent as well as his tendancy to go with cronyism over objective selection of coaches. His undying loyalty and his Sphinx-like ability to stoically stick with a plan despite the plan blowing up around him (Hester at #1 WR, Grossman at QB, McClellin at DE) shows he does not lack confidence but also has the gift of being able to completely overlook reality in order to be able to stick with a plan. That and his complete inability to lead an offense.
    I don't see him getting much past where he got the Bears. Eventually, some of his good coaches will leave and he will bring in a Tice buddy type that has no clue and the pattern will repeat. He may get them to a few playoffs, but I don't think the will ever win the big one. You have to be very good and objective in order to repeatedly knock on the door to a SB. I just did not see that in Lovie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    520ß
    Ratings:
    +1,225 / 1 / -0
    It's all good. Maybe he'll catch lightening in a bottle like he did when Angelo drafted Devin Hester and maybe he'll find 5 or 6 pro-bowlers to play his Defense for him that makes his Defense look better than it is. However, Lovie is calling the personnel shots in Tampa, so I guess we'll see. I could be completely wrong about this and if so, I'll be happy to eat crow. I've dined on that rotten bird many times; I'm growing accustomed to it.:smile:

3. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,534ß
    Ratings:
    +1,462 / 4 / -0
    Lovie can put together a defense. Unfortunately you need a offense to go with it which is why he needs a strong OC. He is so bad at offense he couldnt even figure out who a good OC is, he may have found one in Tampa though, with Tedford I believe he has. He claimed sitting out a year let him analyze himself and some of the decisions he made and hopefully staying out of personnel and putting players in the best position to succeed is something he learned.

Lovie came to the Bears as a DC and was a Rookie Head Coach. Yes he was not very good at it. Does anyone remember Belichick in Cleveland. He was probably worse than Lovie, his results definitely were, but the Pats are one of the best now. I think we can agree Lovie did not help us as much as we would have liked and I could not wait to see him gone. If he was able to admit his faults while building on his strengths he may surprise us, and starting out with Tedford as his OC shows atleast he realized he needed a strong coach on that side of the ball and I think he got that right anyway. Time will tell, and I know a Good OC seems so obvious and I think he believed he may have had them, not sure how he justified that with Tice but..... just sayin

4. Bearsinhouston

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,737ß
    Ratings:
    +3,584 / 13 / -0
    yeah... I have to admit I do like Tedford.

5. Ojibway Bob

Ojibway Bob Veteran
    SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    239ß
    Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -1
    If Tedford truly is as good as he seems, he will leave to be a head coach soon enough

6. Bearsinhouston

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,737ß
    Ratings:
    +3,584 / 13 / -0
    Exactly. That was my point previously. Then Lovie will revert back to one of his buds, and history will repeat itself. If he picks a second competent OC, then I guess he learned from Chicago. But it took him a whole year of thinking about it to come up with Tedford.

7. 4dabers

4dabers Pro-Bowler
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    520ß
    Ratings:
    +1,225 / 1 / -0
    It will also depend on what he does personnel wise from here forward. OK, he's got Tedford, but if he reverts back to loading the Defense to the demise of the Offense, then when Tedford leaves, no one worth their salt will want to come here because they know they will always take a backseat to the Defense. He's already done that with their starting QB. Does anyone really believe that McCown will have the same success he had for 5 games here? That's what Tedford has been given to start with.

8. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,278ß
    Ratings:
    +5,452 / 9 / -7
    Someone asked a question to him on twitter, thats probably where you are confused. The random twitter user suggested Lovie picked Shea, and Wright corrected him by stating both were Emery picks, but that Emery wanted to transition Shea to LB, and Lovie didnt. Which would make sense, since most of us thought She was better suited as an OLB in a 3-4 anyway, opposed to a tradtional 4-3 DE

9. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    812ß
    Ratings:
    +252 / 2 / -1
    JJ has a broom sweeping the floor known as CHICAGO BEARS clean.

10. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    551ß
    Ratings:
    +782 / 1 / -0
    Why would anyone want a coach that requires him to get lucky in finding viable OC? Once he eventually gets that sun to shine on his ass and the OC is proven. Another team will take the OC for HC job and he'll be back to looking for another OC. Since Lovie is to inept to understand offensive schemes he can't possibly help in any shape or form. So the only reason you hire Lovie is because the players like him and you can rest assure he will never say something negative nor intelligent about your team. Tampa enjoy your wasted timeouts and red flag blunder episodes with no real response to why they occur. Other than knowing you have a MORON as a coach. By the way he's not that great a DC either. He fired the best DC he had and he tried out for job and failed. Don't believe all the BS on how great of DC genius he is because he's more lucky in that area.

• Like Like x 1