Another Lovie wtf decision

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Bearsinhouston, Apr 30, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +760 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    751ß
    Firing Rivera was a pretty dumb move. And your right he failed miserably the following yr.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 6 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    899ß
    forgot about firing Rivera. Yeah... that was a real brain donor move.
  3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 6 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    899ß
    I wan't a huge Marinelli fan -- He was good but not great. Much better than Tucker though (I think --- we'll see what happens this season). The guy isn't very bright though. He made his statement when Lovie got fired and he landed in Dallas instead of working for Emery and Trestman. If he isn't in hell working for Jerry Jones, he can probably see it from there.
  4. Seqq34

Seqq34 Veteran

Ratings:
    +64 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    29ß
    I don't blame Lovie for upper managements faults...It was Lovie's first HC job at any level and he was given poor mentors within the team.

Sure he made mistakes but he also made the Bears D the Monsters again and brought them to a SB appearance...Can't hate him for being human, but also won't put him on a pedestal of greatness.

Honestly I'll positively remember Lovie as the coach who made this team a turnover machine...it was fun, exciting, on the edge, yet depressing, angry and everything else lol....but that's just my opinion ;)
  5. mshu7

mshu7 Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    22ß
    Please, don't anyone compare Lovie Smith to Bill Belichick. That's a slap in the face to BB. If I remember correctly, Cleveland won a playoff game in '94 and were expected to be even better in '95 until Art Modell announced he was moving the team. The Browns started 3-1 in '95 and then tanked after Modell's announcement during the season. Had the Browns not moved, I think BB & the Browns would have continued to climb the ladder of success, maybe not to the Patriots level of the last decade, but something more than Cleveland has been since they got their team back.

Anyway, back to Lovie. Like I said before, I think he's a good d-coordinator, but that's about it. If he gets lucky with Tedford running a legitimate offense, Tedford will probably move on to better things and then Lovie will bring in one of his cronies to run a bottom 1/3 rated offense, just like he did in Chicago.
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  6. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +677 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    373ß
    Coaches don't make turnovers coaches make red flag decisions and timeout calls. They make adjustments to situations that are occurring on the field as the game is played out, Lovie has none of these abilities. Giving him credit for Peanuts crazy ability to punch ball out and create turnovers is a joke. Lets see if he can have that great turnover effect on Major Wrong and Tampa this year. Then we'll see how great of turnover machine Lovie really is....
  7. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +201 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    401ß
    Maybe this is more Angelos fault then Lovies but we kept drafting WR's and turning them over to Daryl Drake who got about 5 minutes to develop them before they were shipped out.