Any concerns about cutler returning so soon?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Hircine, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Hircine

Hircine Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    While I'm very happy cutler is playing again, is anyone else a bit concern that maybe he's coming back too early? I mean, he's not going to be 100 percent, and it'll be a complete waste if he just reinsures the groin.

I just hope he's actually coming back because he feels healthy enough and has been cleared, instead of maybe because of possible pressure to come back when he's not ready.
  2. Strangerwithcandy11

Strangerwithcandy11 Head Coach

Ratings:
    +1,534 / 15 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    100ß
  3. tbear1

tbear1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    31ß
    I feel JC had himself in mind pushing it so hard to get back. If he is 100%, then he belongs on the field. I hope he pulls off a solid game (including a first half).
  4. Bear_40

Bear_40 Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    10ß
    I'm concerned. With the way things went against the Pack the risk-reward doesn't seem to be worth it. If Josh was stinking things up, I could understand it. But, that is not the case.
  5. strockrocks

strockrocks Veteran

Ratings:
    +198 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    11ß
    I'm concerned. I wish we were playing anybody but the Lions for his first game back. Their D-line scares me and I dislike them more than the Packers actually. Hate their coach. Don't like Stafford. I'll be pissed if Detroit comes to our house and wins.

The more I think about it, I'm still upset Dallas let them win last week. Damn it.
  6. MikeGolf97

MikeGolf97 Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 2 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    30ß
    I am fine with it, his career and body either way our problem is not offense( i know crazy right?) it our bad defense. Josh's short game accuracy but he realy under threw the deep ball, Jay has a great long ball. But if they game planed for Josh they might be picking off all the wide receiver and tight end screens, With Cutler you won't get to many of them.
  7. tey216

tey216 Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Yes I'm concerned... I will be there Sunday. I can tell you right now that if Jay struggles... in any way; Stupid interception, one of his fumble scoop return for TD... He will be boo'd and you will here the Josh McCown chants... This could be a disaster for Jay. Everyone knows he's just rushing back because of his contract (which I don't blame him... all he needs if for McCown to have enough great game). I still think he should wait another week. Against Detriots DL he's gonna have to be mobile...
  8. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,236 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    497ß
    There's always concern when a player returns from an injury, especially sooner than expected.

However, there is a few things to take into consideration:

1.IF Jay re-injures it, then not only is it bad for Jay, it also calls into question Trestman's coaching ability, since he has the final say on who is going to start. If Marc knew he wasn't ready, and plays him anyway, then this is a very troubling situation.

2.If he re-injures it, at least we have a solid backup, so its not as if we can't win if Jay gets injured again.

3.If he doesn't re-injure it, then that just shows how we as fans are Armchair QBing (coaching?). This means the team and the doctors know more about the situation then we do, and the early estimates were only out of an abundance of caution. i.e., we can't be upset because we are not privy to what the team and doctors are.
  9. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,232 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    293ß
    oh, absolutely. I have serious doubts that at some point (many points) during the game he will be running for his life. It happens every game. I also think that Suh will get to him more than once. Maybe a sack and a couple of hits. But while they had Cutler moving around in practice after only three weeks after he tore his groin (pretty impressive by the way), I am going to go out on a (very short) limb and say they probably didn't have anyone hitting him to see if he could take it.

Call me an old grandma, but yeah I'm worried he is back too early. One more week and he may actually have healed all the way with the way he was going. Maybe I'm wrong (like that's never happened before), but I just don't see it all the way healed ready for "running for your life" type moves and being grabbed by 320 lb linemen, thrown to the ground and being rolled over. I'd be more for it if McCown was losing games for it, but I don't see why he should take the risk. We are covered for one more week in my opinion with McCown
  10. JPosh2012

JPosh2012 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Yes I am concerned. I think he should have sat out one more week to be honest.
  11. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,403 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    330ß
    They say he's looking great in warmups today, so that's something.
  12. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,232 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    293ß
    WOW, never thought I would ever think this in a million years. I wish McCown had started and not because of the injury.
  13. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,068 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    327ß
    Cutler's mechanics are off bigtime today. The injury is clearly messing up his throwing motion. It was stupid to let him play today. Even if we come back and win this thing, I still think McCown was the better guy to start, until Jay is healed up.
    • Like Like x 1