Anybody taking CJ Mosley if he falls

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Feb 24, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +759 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    745ß
    Several Draft boards have him as a top 10 pick and I think it was bleacher report that had an article about how we need to draft the best available player on Defense. I like the concept but hate missing out on one of the top DT or DE's which I believe is more pressing. Even if we resign Melton we need a DE, even if we keep Peppers on a reduced deal we need another DT and DE. The level falls off after Ealy at DE, and we all know the DT's Jernigan, Donald, Hageman.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +736 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    81ß
    First of all, NONE of those DL's are guaranteed to be the answer; no one in the draft is. Second, it all depends on what we manage to find in FA, so if we fill Immediate needs on the DL, then we can go elsewhere in the draft. It also depends on if we are or are not going to a hybrid system, which we have not had to consider before. I have seen Mosley going anywhere from top 10 to all the way down to the mid 20's, so he could easily be there for us.

Ultimately there are any number of ways to improve our Defense, and it doesn't necessarily have to start with one of those D-Linemen. It might start with Mosley.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +291 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    96ß
    yes, i love that guy!
  4. ZifanQ

ZifanQ Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    41ß
    Is he fit to be a MLB? From what I've heard he suits ILB or OLB better than MLB. I would still prefer DT/DE/S/CB over him unless he can play MLB
  5. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,999 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,022ß
    if ANY D top 10 prospect falls I would want the team to grab them. if ANY top 10 O falls, I hope they trade back and an extra pick and still get one of the top D players.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +291 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    96ß
    anybody who gets Butkus award is a LB for us!
  7. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    Mosley could fill a position of need.
    While I agree that it would be hard to pass on Nix or Hageman, Mosley could have a bigger impact.
    The reality is that if they are going to consider Bostic as a WLB or SLB, then we do not have any MLBs on the team.

Most sites do not indicate a difference between a ILB and a MLB, Walterfootball only has them listed as ILBs.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,392 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    812ß
    I keep reminding myself that Emery and our scouting department probably have these players evaluated differently than the sites us fans use to grade players (ESPN, NFP, CBS, Walter Football, etc). We may see a guy (the fans think) is top-10 fall to us, when in reality Emery and our scouting department may not see him that way. We (me included) may think Emery is "reaching" on a guy, when in reality they have the guy graded out as a solid pick at that particular draft slot. They have a ton more information on these guys than the people at ESPN (or whomever).
    • Like Like x 4
  9. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    24ß
    I agree that Emery and his staff do this for a living and they have access to better information, but Emery still needs to prove that he can pick defense.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. BossK

BossK Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    21ß
    On a slightly related note- If Jernigan/HaHa are gone when the Bears pick, I think there are a couple of players that will be available later in the round or early in the second that would be good pickups (mostly b/c they are personal fav's) Dee Ford from Auburn at DE, probably be available when we pick in the first, and maybe (doubtful, but maybe) will be there in the second. He might not be better than Clowney, which he claims, but he is pretty damn good. Kony should also be available in the first, and would be a solid pick imo. Also, Kyle Van Noy from BYzoo looks to be sliding a little at the combine, but I would love to see him in a Bears uni.

Just looking at CBS sports rankings, and their rankings just screwed up my entire post lol. They have Ford above Jernigan and right after Ealy and Haha. I feel like Angelo, thinking I am smarter than everybody else, just to find that I am actually behind the curve.

Look for a pool jumper.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,392 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    812ß
    +1

It's our only hope to rebuild Mel's defense. Maybe we can draft a whole swim team. Of course that lead guy (below) looks almost as old as Peppers. But the old dude could probably give us better effort than Pep.

[​IMG]
  12. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +736 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    81ß
    LOL OUCH!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +192 / 2 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    365ß
    If Mosley comes our way ... we'd have to draft him. Period.

Our needs are DL and DB ... but this you cant let slip away.

Is he a MLB ? I dont know. But he is an IMPACT player.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. zelezo vlk

zelezo vlk Veteran

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I've read that some people like him more at Will than Mike in a 4-3. If that were true (more scouting reports with more time will show if it is) then I don't want to see him taken with the 14th. That being said, unless Phil falls in love with a guy, I'd rather trade back to early 20s because that's where it looks like the value may be. Unlike last year, Emery doesn't have multiple holes on both sides of the football to fill.

Tl;dr: Trade down and pick whoever the highest rated defensive player is that fits the system.
  15. kevperro

kevperro Veteran

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    58ß
    He looks great... but can he jump out of a pool?
    • Like Like x 1
  16. VJ18

VJ18 Veteran

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    17ß
    This but what do we do with Bostic then?
  17. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +759 / 4 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    745ß
    Start grooming him to replace Lance Briggs next year or maybe he beats out Shea McClellin
  18. kevperro

kevperro Veteran

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    58ß
    We can always turn him into a DE.
  19. dabears70

dabears70 Veteran

Ratings:
    +52 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    57ß
    I would for sure. I already have said how i'd like to fix our D-Line in free agency and fix MLB,CB and S in the draft and would love to start that off with Mosely.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    59ß
    The more I read/see I think Mosely is another Bostic. A college MLB that may translate better to will in the nfl. Can either be a great middle linebacker? Sure who knows but fact is we already have one of those and its not worth our first round pick on. I say this because we dont have a real viable option at DT or Safety. This trumps taking another LB, at least for right now. I understand the argument that we MAY not have a mlb currently on the roster but Bostic hasn't moved to olb yet and DJ hasn't left the roster yet. If those two things happen, then the pick will become more viable but until then I dont see it.