Anybody think it may we smart to draft DE (practice squad)

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Apr 13, 2014.

1. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,222ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    yeah I guess youre right Lane, Scott, Ozougwa, Robertson, and Izzy. Were set for years to come with these starters.

2. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,700ß

I think you miss the point even you make in your own OP. That's six DEs right there you are saying will probably make the roster so I ask again. Where you gonna put another one if you can't risk putting him on the PS. Instead of responding with a smart ass answer just answer this one. YOU named the six, not me, and that probably one more than usual. If you take Clarke and he shows promise but can't convincingly beat out any of the others what will you do. No hypotheticals now brother. What's your plan.

3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,266ß
    I always worry about a team stealing from our PS if we put a guy there with a very high ceiling who was drafted relatively high (even a 4th or 5th round). It's fine for late rounders or UFA's though.

4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,928ß
    Just part of the game. We do it and we have it done to us. The trick is to only have people on the PS that no one would want. That worked well when JA was here.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,700ß
    Yeah, it happens. We've had guys taken from us and we've taken them from others.

I don't object to taking the guy if the idea is to upgrade a player we have and unless it's Izzy (because this kid is built like him) than it would almost have to be Bass or Washington. If not then we're ending up short a DT and a reserve DT to maintain a four man rotation. This why I don't want to get into these who do we take in rounds 4-7 or at least 5-7. There are way too may variables. That's for the draftniks who enjoy that shit. I don't. It's just mental masturbation and I have guitars I can use to lose myself in that mode.

• Like Like x 1
  6. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,700ß
    LOL, we had people of the roster no one else would even sign if we released them when JA was here too. :badmood:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,928ß
    :wank: That's for the mental masturbation part.

I hadn't noticed --- the smilies are back, LOL

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,928ß
    Unfortunately, too true.

9. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,700ß
    Most of them but we still don't have a lot of my faves from years gone by. I wonder if you can import them from elsewhere?

As for the rest there's something sort of peaceful about having my left hand wrapped around my, um.............Telecasters working out blues licks. The other requires the attendant grasp of a female friend with benefits whom I can instruct on the proper uh........fingering techniques. That way we can work out licks together.

:smilebig:

10. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,222ß
    I was hoping somebody would have comments based on Clarke. After I posted this I seen Clarke going in the 3rd rd in a mock. Just preconceived opinions and nobody wants to think stop and think sometimes. Smart ASS. Yeah here is smart ass answer, below. Guy may go in the 3rd, Nobody hear is interested, and once again I am a Smartass. Izzy is older, I would upgrade the team wherever I can and have no promises with Bass or C. Wash. If this guy can beat improve the team I would look at it. Is it worth it right now, I still say yes because what else you going to get in rd 5 or 6 but this type of a player. If latest mock is right and he really moves up to the 3rd round I doubt we would go for him unless Phil really liked him and had him rated higher than we realize. To respond with you Jerk off and smartass comments is just childish. Not happening again. your blocked.