Anybody think it may we smart to draft DE (practice squad)

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Apr 13, 2014.

1. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +263 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    23ß
    No, there s absolutely no room or need for another DE, wanna see Bass on the field
  2. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +414 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    23ß
    Yeah, no way a DE is drafted. It would mean losing one of our 2 young guys with potential. We have other needs to be spending picks on DE
  3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,012 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    39ß
    IDK. Normally I would say no, but a DE is different. If there is someone in the later rounds that Emery thinks can be a real stuc and has a lot of value, then I'd be ok with it. Just like any other position that we don;t really need. If there happens to be a guy there that is just to good to be true and would represent a significant upgrade over someone already on the team (since it is not a position of need, he would have to upgrade someone already here), then sure. I'd say that about any position. But DE is not a position I would be looking for this year.
  4. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,428 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    594ß
    Those are the two criteria you'd have to meet but the proposed pick in the OP was a mid round pick who seems a lot like Izzy from a size perspective. I believe Izzy was brought back to provide some relief for Houston and to add an inside rush at times like he's done in the past and he's done it pretty well. Even with as few snaps as he played last year he still out ranked our two LDEs. To think a rookie would replace him is a stretch.

I think Bass made a good enough case for himself last year to think they'll keep him and work on him. He could be another Willie Young type. So that pretty much leaves Washington. I guess if they're that unsure of him they might take a guy to compete for that spot odd man out but it seems strange that they would keep him on the roster all year and then draft another rookie. He'll have enough competition from the other guys who are there as it is.
  5. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +414 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    23ß
    Yep I agree, we have two young guys with Bass and Washington and Emery didn't PS either of them last year so I don't think hes ready to give up on them just yet. With all the other needs for depth DE is just not one of them. Maybe an UDFA but I don't expect a DE is drafted.
  6. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +478 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    303ß
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Hall of Famer

Ratings:
    +1,012 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    39ß
    You beat me. I just started a thread on it but decided I didn't want to try and spell his name. I liked your post simply for the reason that you were not intimidated by that and found all the right keys. And even more impressive -- in the right order.
  8. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +167 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    104ß
    LMFAO !!

There we have it gentlemen ... too many DE's !

Whats left in F.A. when it comes to DT ... Safety ... CB ?

Yeah I saw that too ...we better start building a TEAM in the DRAFT.

Because aint no motherfuckers going to give us any mercy.
  9. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,460 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    247ß
    If the DE can also play DT then yes, the team wants to create confusion and have movement and flexibility along the line, if it's a straight DE not so much.

Guys like Tuitt or Hagemen who can play a role similar to Houston hell ya I could see the team drafting one.