Anyone besides me surprised Colt Lyerla is still available?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by 4dabers, May 13, 2014.

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,803ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Some really good players went undrafted. This PFT article mentions Colt Lyerla too.

2. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,923ß
    Maybe it's because this draft was pretty deep all the way through the first four rounds or maybe teams are just getting sick of paying out money to guys who can't manage to behave like adults but there were quite a few draftable players with mid round grades who didn't get drafted including the LB the Bears signed, Christian Jones.

After watching the kids highlight video he looks like he has NFL talent but he blows hot for drugs at the Combine and aces himself right out of the draft. I mean it's not a surprise drug screening. They all know they're gonna be tested so if they still have something in their system it doesn't show much intelligence or restraint.

Look at what's happening with Justin Blackmon. Jax is washing their hands of the guy and he was a top ten pick two years ago. The league is coming down hard on these guys with suspensions so why take a chance on having them on the roster and eating cap space if there's even a small chance they won't stay clean.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,803ß
    And as many of us have been discussing in recent weeks here, the margin of error in the draft is a killer as it is. These draft picks are precious as teams realize it's hard to build a winner through FA's with the cap realities nowadays. Why needlessly increase the chances of a draft "miss" with these guys? It's okay to take some carefully considered risks, but teams are understandably being VERY careful not to throw away a pick on a guy being stupid like this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,923ß
    Exactly. Teams need to balance out their higher priced vet contracts with guys still playing on their rookie deals and out performing them. Ever since that new CBA was signed draft picks have risen in value.

5. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,434ß
    Ever since I first watched "The Wizard of Oz", I never trusted people wearing tin hats. Plus, they squeak.

True story. We had a person at one place I worked that thought people had implanted things in her head and were reading her thoughts. She would pull her hair out to try to get to the implants. Scary stuff. Some people seriously need help and most won't get it.

6. Chicago_66

Chicago_66 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    219ß
    One of the locals thought "they" could read his mind due to the interference on the tv that happened now and then so he made himself a tin hat. When the interference kept up he made one for his dog. It takes all kinds.

7. Bearsinhouston

DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,434ß
    LOL.... Well, maybe instead of keeping people from reading their minds, the dog was able to get Direct TV.

• Like Like x 1
  8. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,923ß
    Guess you guys don't want to hear about the time I was abducted by aliens then huh?

9. Bearsinhouston

DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,434ß
    Was that you I saw on the ship?

10. BSBEARS

BSBEARS Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,919ß

This is all starting to make sense now.:13 10 8[1]: