Anyone watching the Browns game?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Nakoma1

Nakoma1

Just a heads up guys
    20 - 6 Chiefs
    1:53 3r quarter
  2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 SuperFan

3. Adibear

Adibear

thought Unga was cut last season
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Terrence Tolliver is a 6'5" lethal weapon. Fantastic hands. Runs GREAT routes too. For an undrafted rookie, he has had an incredible pre-season. I think this guy has to land on our practice squad.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RoSto89

RoSto89

I feel like Earl Bennett should to be worried with Anderson and Tolliver making plays. Too bad Tolliver doesnt play TE hahah... we need better backup TEs
    • Like Like x 1
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Unga's fumble cost us the game. Rats.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. RoSto89

RoSto89

and prolly his job.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Akuma2000

Akuma2000

I was sure Edwards would outplay Palmer by having more experience but It was the complete opposite, Palmer looked more relaxed and prepared and he looked to have a stronger arm than Edwards.

I really hope the Bears go with 3 qbs's and just 2, rather have someone in place rather having to look for someone if need be.......In 2 qtrs of play Palmer even looked better than McClown.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. BearJim

BearJim SuperFan

I think he will 99. I think JT Thomas has a good chance too.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

I thought the exact same thing Akuma.
  11. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Anderson is a really solid young WR. Tolliver needs a year of practice squad like Anderson had last year, and I believe we'll have a fantastic youngster for the future. Nothing against Bennett, but he's just a guy who's always injured. Can't stay on the field long enough to help us much. If a team would trade for him, I'd take that in a heartbeat. I'm not hating on Bennett, but we have some young rock-solid talent that I'd rather see us go with. With all of these tall/fast WR's, we're going to be a tough WR corps to defend against.
  12. Akuma2000

Akuma2000

This as one thing I've been wanting to see the bears have since Lovie first became head coach, we've always have small wr's which let bigger db's feast on them and out passing game as a whole. Finally we have big tall wr's and they will give those db's a run for their money and make they're job that much harder to do, and yes we will have a tough WR corps this year.
  13. Akuma2000

Akuma2000

I'd even be cool with the Bears cutting McClown and going into the season with Cutler and Palmer, but still think having 3 qb's for the season is the best but move Palmer to #2 and McClown to #3 where he really should be.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. short faced bear

short faced bear

Unga and Edwards can kick rocks along with Cinnabon. I don't think I keep Palmer over McCown based on only a small body of scrub work. Palmer can be #3 qb or PS. Anderson and Ford should be locks. Tolliver to the P.S.
  15. a_miljan

a_miljan

ok, after watching the game these are my thoughts:
    on off : palmer was consderably better than edwards, hes def. not crap, he could even be a 2nd qb for us, he will only get better when he gets the new off.
    wr: tolliver and anderson are beasts, it is incredible that da bears have 6 legit wrs now on roster, feels like im dreaming.
    rb: ford made a few rookie mistakes, overall veryy good, fast and hard to tackle, again we have 4 great rb on roster, incredible, not long ago we had 1 or none. looks like allen is gone, unfortunately
    unga and onobun - too many mistakes, they have something, but... too weak performance

on def: last quarter was a mess. but i will point out 4 guys, hurst, greene, hardin and thomas. some of them were great.

overall good game for the guys were gonna keep. guys that are gone cost us this game
    • Like Like x 1
  16. jbunch14

jbunch14

I think Webb is gone, pending the Scott recovery. Hardin is gone, he has done nothing. Onobun sticks, as he had 4 catches and showed a little bit when he got in space. Minter might make the gameday roster a few times. Washington stays, and maybe Whiteside. Ford beats out 25.
  17. JustAnotherBearsFan99

The "Onobun Experiment" is eerily like the "Webb Experiment" in that the two are not football players. We wasted years trying to make "something out of nothing" in regards to Webb. Wasted painful years of failure, when we could have invested that time in a young player who truly COULD be solid. Let's not go down that path again with Onobun. There is no way he is going to be a reliable guy we can COUNT ON in key situations. Just like Webb.

Onobun can't catch. Onobun can't block.

Maybe he can jump out of a swimming pool (I don't know) but I do know he can't play football. He never has, and he never will be worth a crap at the NFL level. Some say he was a decent basketball player. Good for him, let him play basketball somewhere at a local YMCA. Just don't try to make him an NFL player. It is just not in him.

Surely, in all of the hundreds of cuts in the NFL there will be a TE who is better than this guy. And let's draft a "real" receiving TE in the draft next year. A receiving TE who can actually catch a football. If we fail to do this, then it's going to look to me like a classic Angelo/Lovie move. Pride overcoming "good sense" and trying to pound a square peg into a round hole, no matter HOW impossible it is. Failure.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. a_miljan

a_miljan

and i forgot to mention one guy, and im sad cos of him, he looks like a good guy but his energy overall is incredibly low, like there is no life in him - webb. hes gone and maybe out of the nfl all together. i have a feeling this is not his world
    • Like Like x 2
  19. little bear

little bear

And yet I guarantee you that somehow he'll find a way to make the PS.

I'm gonna say it, Onobun is WORSE than Kellen Davis and should never be allowed on a Football field ever again.
  20. beardownboilerup

beardownboilerup

how did wilson play? how are his chances looking to make the team?