Are we done with WRs?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by little bear, Apr 3, 2014.

1. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +928 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    962ß
    Just noticed that Joe Anderson is UFA and still hasn't signed a contract. He was a decent ST player and wouldn't be a bad option as #4 receiver.
    Danario Alexander (SD) is also on the market.

I know we have more important things to do than adding WR depth, but wouldn't it be a good idea to bring in those guys for TC? We can still cut them afterwards.
  2. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,941 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,297ß
    With JA, it used to be lip service when he said he was always looking to make the team better. Emery really does seem to walk the walk. At any time I expect him to sign someone he sees as a bargain that can make the team better. I am sure that we will see some more smaller signings before it's over and another WR (or two) would not surprise me. This new Bears team knows the imprtance of a good WR and maybe even more important, knows the difference between a real #1 WR and someone that they would like to be a #1.
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,408 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,589ß
  4. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,561 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    571ß
    If Santana Moss gets cut for whatever reason, we MUST pick him up, if he's cheap. He'll replace Weems & Hester, AND he could be that speed guy (he's got a year or so left in him)
  5. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +928 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    962ß
  6. latorreedgar

latorreedgar Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    It sounds like the Bills are going to release Stevie Johnson. That's a player I would like to see playing in Chicago
  7. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,408 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,589ß
    Then the NFL.com didn't update on Anderson. But he signed w/the Iggles back in Feb.
  8. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    I wondered about Joe Anderson myself. High effort guy with some receiving skills and he was a good STeams guy or so I thought.

With the draft choice they spent on Marquess Wilson and his upside plus signing Hixon I don't think a WR is high on the list. If Wilson gains some weight and benefits as much from and offseason under Marshalls tutelage as Jeffery did I think he's the guy who gets that #3 spot and Hixon the #4 with Chris Williams as a #5 and return man if he makes the team. He and Hixon both have good speed.

I don't rule it out but I think Emery wants whatever cap $$$ he has left to spend going towards the possibility of a more experienced #2 QB and RB if he can find the right guys for the right price. Other than that it's still the defense he's working on.
  9. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,941 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,297ß
    I still wouldn't mind a C, but like everyone else, I am more focused on our D needs.
  10. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    The better ones usually go I the first two or three rounds where we still need to be focusing on younger defenders. There'll be vet UFAs next year and rookie UDFAs to look at too. Kromer made a good OC out of the kid from NOLA and he was just an UDFA as is Boggs although he seem a little light for it. Britton may also be a possibility or if Brown really improves as an OG then Slauson is also a possibility.